SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Question Comskip Question - Avoid Processing Commercial Free Channels

Hello,

I use a second server to process commercials (my Sage server processor is old and is insufficient for Comskip). I use Dirmon2 to monitoring my recordings folder and kick off Comskip; which works well for me.

However, I recently added a favorite to record all movies on certain channels that have the category "action." These movies are mainly on HBO or Cinemax (commercial free) or on FX or TNT (has commercials). I'd like a way to not process commercials on the HBO/Cinemax channels. I have a couple of ideas and I would like some feedback/recommendations.

Option 1
Find a way to get SageTV to include the channel name in the recorded file so I can filter out HBO/Cinemax channels with Dirmon2.

Option 2
Use SJQv4 to pass the file name into a batch script that would then create an empty edl file for movies recorded on HBO/Cinemax (this would prevent Dirmon2 from adding the movie to its que). I don't know if this is even possible - I have never used SJQ.

Option 3
Have SJQv4 (or something else?) move the recorded movies to another folder that Dirmon2 is not setup to monitor. I worry that this would prevent SageTV from auto deleting the movies when space is low.

Would any of these options work? Does anyone else have any different suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s
Old 10-09-2013, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
Hello,

I use a second server to process commercials (my Sage server processor is old and is insufficient for Comskip). I use Dirmon2 to monitoring my recordings folder and kick off Comskip; which works well for me.

However, I recently added a favorite to record all movies on certain channels that have the category "action." These movies are mainly on HBO or Cinemax (commercial free) or on FX or TNT (has commercials). I'd like a way to not process commercials on the HBO/Cinemax channels. I have a couple of ideas and I would like some feedback/recommendations.

Option 1
Find a way to get SageTV to include the channel name in the recorded file so I can filter out HBO/Cinemax channels with Dirmon2.

Option 2
Use SJQv4 to pass the file name into a batch script that would then create an empty edl file for movies recorded on HBO/Cinemax (this would prevent Dirmon2 from adding the movie to its que). I don't know if this is even possible - I have never used SJQ.

Option 3
Have SJQv4 (or something else?) move the recorded movies to another folder that Dirmon2 is not setup to monitor. I worry that this would prevent SageTV from auto deleting the movies when space is low.

Would any of these options work? Does anyone else have any different suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
Use the Commercial Detector plugin.... you can bypass running comskip by channel category etc....
Old 10-09-2013, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Or use SJQ4 and have it skip processing the specific channels that you tell it to. SJQ is a bit more work to learn to use but it gives you a ton of flexibility to do all kinds of stuff.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Use the Commercial Detector plugin.... you can bypass running comskip by channel category etc....
I do that too. However he said his server is not powerful enough to run ComSkip so that lets out Commercial Detector since it runs from the server. Will have to do it with SJQ.