SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Sage User

ActiveWindow player Why

Hi all, need some help, today I came home to watch some tv. Went to watch a recorded show and for some reason the ActiveWindow Player poped up and is playing the show, While SageTv is just black, I have not done any changes to sageTV since I installed it 3wks ago. Except to put malore's STV on a little over a week ago. Im not running a server and I dont have a remote. No upgrades to the computer Hardware or Software. It just started doing this for no reason.

I did a search and found only one thread but seemed to be for a client.
I went to add remove programs put dont see it listed there, anyone know what program it comes from, Ill uninstall it and go from there I think.

I am using the VRM9, all the other video setting are on default. I turned off Malore's STV (cant seem to see where to turn it back on at, put I guess that will be another question later).
SageTV was in the sleep mode with no screensaver on if that will matter. I only have one Blackbird card in my system. Im assuming that all the drivers are up to date since I just started a few weeks ago and all was well with no upgrades made.

I have shut down SageTV and tried some of the different decoders on my computer but with no luck.

Doug
Old 06-24-2004, 05:11 PM

I've just recently saw this start occuring with the NVDVD decoder after I installed a Windows update for a DX security issue. But if you've tried other decoders then that should rule that out. I'm sure going to Overlay would stop the window popping up but that's not the issue. Why did it happen? What decoders did you try? Also when you say blackbird, do you mean a Hauppauge Roslyn or another blackbird style card? This should make little difference but it's worth checking everything. Also there have been some recent updates to Sage's DLL that effect SageTV's stability with Roslyns. It also wouldn't hurt to double check driver versions, these things can come out fast depending on the exact model. I'm just throwing out ideas to try, particuliarly those last few.

Last edited by justme; 06-24-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

You don't have the dispose_windows setting changed in the properties file do you?
Old 06-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Administrator

More guesses... Was some other program using DirectX & SageTv couldn't gain access for 3D Accerleration? Did 3D acceleration get turned off in Detailed Setup -> Advanced somehow?

To get back to malore's STV, you can exit SageTV, edit the properties file and change originalv2.stv to malore.stv, near the end, for the "wizard/widget_db_file=" setting.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Sage User

Stranger89 The Properties file says dispose_windows=false

Justme as far as I know I have not had any windows updates, the Card is from Frey I got it as the Blackbird bundle from there web site. I will try to answer the rest of your questions tonight.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I am betting that the default decoder on your system is powerDVD or a cyberlink decoder

what do you have listed under video decoders
if you have more than one and cyberlink video decoder is one of them choose something else if you plan to do VMR9 (also remember that 3d acceleration must be enabled for VMR9 to work)

cyberlink decoder will work fine with overlay rendering and default rendering though with or without 3d acceleration enabled just so you know

but this is known bug for the cyberlink decoders

also the active movie window is part of Sage and not a separate program if that is was you were thinking

I will reread your post though
Old 06-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Sage User

Kny3walker, Yes uninstalling the ActiveWindow was what I was talking about. I did not realize that that was part of the SageTV on the initial post, but realized it after I posted. Anyway I could not do any troubleshooting last night, now I am at work and will have to try what everyone so far has mentioned.

Thank you
Doug
Old 06-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Sage User

Thanks for all your help, I got It to work right again. Had to change the Decoder to "InterVideo Non CSS Decoder for Hauppauge" with VMR9

Again thanks for the Help
Doug