SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

This is great info and should help when I find time to dig into this code and clean up these issues.

And you are correct in that all clients should be getting the same default as it is stored in the wiz.bin which all client share. When you don't see this it is either a bug or the client cannot located the overridden default fanart item due to the path or permissions...but that should not be the case here as you have resolved that already.

Some logs could help too. I would prefer you create a new issue for the default fanart across clients and then upload the logs to that issue.

For logs...go into options from the main menu, utilities, then log options and enable server and client logging and gemstone logging to DEBUG.

Then restart client and server so you have fresh logs.

Replicate the issue as you described and then upload the logs, zipped if possible, for both clients.

Sage logs are in the sagetv folder called sageclient txt and or sage_ txt (from memory so might be close)

Gemstone and Phoenix logs are in a logs subfolder and are named gemstone and Phoenix.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

k
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I have found the issue so there is no need for any logs.

The issue is not directly related to the setting and storing of the default, but rather in the caching of the defaults. We are using the same "key" for the series poster as well as the season poster defaults when we cache these so when we retrieve them we get the wrong poster from the cache.

So I need to fix the caching code when I get a chance so we can get this behaving properly.

Thanks for finding this.
k
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi sorry I didn't respond, just found the time today to get back in here to see if there was more feedback. I'm very happy you found the issue and I'm glad I could help.