SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Attorney View Post
My server doesn't have any speakers so I don't know if the audio captured with Showbiz is pop/clicking. I should probably check that out. I didn't get any audio clicking when I used the 1512 with Sage, just the audio "lockup" where the 1512 stops recording any sound with the video.
I ref to the Colossus & DD it give me pop/clicking then no sound with showbiz using the latest HD-PVR 2 Software I think it because of miss option PC Audio 5.1 like in hdpvr1stgen-spdif-1.jpg you posted even knowing it work just fine in sagetv it self.
Oh that one of the main reason why I have a set head phones any try capture with showbiz any way try playing else where, soon I get the new model 1512 I be looking at everthing.

Last edited by SHS; 03-03-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Sage Expert

So, I set the 1512 up in Sage to record with component and SPDIF. FX is playing Transformers 2 but there is no sound. I opened up Arcsoft and when audio is set to the SPDIF HDMI, it detects 5.1 sound, but the normal HDMI audio (I think) doesn't detect any audio. Strange. Makes me wonder if Sage is actually selecting a different audio input than it things (i.e., HDMI shows up as SPDIF).

Update:

Ok, watching Transformers 2, here is the sound situation:
Sage set to component + SPDIF = No sound
Sage set to HDMI = 2.0 sound
Arcsoft set to HDMI 1 = No audio detected
Arcsoft set to HDMI 2 = 2.0 sound

Not sure what that means, but thing appear to be messed up.

Last edited by Evil_Attorney; 03-03-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Sage Expert

Ok, I have discovered the issue with some channels not having any audio. Some of the AC3 5.1 recordings are playing back with no sound on my HD300, but on my server, the sound does play back.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Sage Expert

Ok, I am now able to record 5.1 AC3 via HDMI. I had to uninstall, then reinstall the drivers, then did some checking/unchecking of the "disable AC3" option in the Arcsoft settings (along with several reboots).

So it looks like the main problem I am having is that my HD300 is not able to read/passthrough some of the AC3 5.1 streams on some channels.

Here is a link to a recording I made with Sage via HDMI. It will play audio on my PC, but not on my HD300:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc23bi59lf...-13405200-2.ts

Last edited by Evil_Attorney; 03-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:15 PM

Ok that just back to
Old 03-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Here is a link to a recording I made with Sage via HDMI. It will play audio on my PC, but not on my HD300:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc23bi59lf...-13405200-2.ts
I'm interested in the new HD PVR so I've been following this thread with great interest.

I downloaded that clip and put it into one of my SageTV import folders, and it plays perfectly fine on my HD300 (the sound plays fine as well).

I'm using firmware version 20110217-2 on the HD300.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Sage Expert

SHS, wasn't someone having a similar issue with their hd300 not playing back properly when recording live tv with the HD-PVR Gaming Edition? Was that ever resolved? Maybe I have the same issue?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:51 PM

That was with LiveTV only and not the Recording even HD200 had the same problem you could try doing a short recoding clip video then watch it later see if that helps any way, Also try Manual Schedule Recording and wait a min later then started play it and maybe the Audio will be there to.
In redbaron73 case when he lone me his HD200 as far I could tell only Live TV Recording doesn't Play with any Audio I try everything under the sun, I'm petty sure that this was firmware problem that is need to be fix.

Last edited by SHS; 03-04-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Sage Expert

Yes, this seems to be a live TV issue only. When moved to imported recordings, the clip plays back. I can even start recording a show with the 1512, unplug it and plug in my first-gen HDPVR and continue recording the same show, but there is no sound on the second portion that is recorded by the first-gen HDPVR. It's as if Sage/HD300 is looking at the entire recording and seeing something bad in the first portion of it, then stopping all audio from playing in any subsequent portion of the show.

I emailed Haupaugge support and sent them a link to my test video to see if there is anything weird going on with it. Does Sage support respond to problems/questions like this anymore?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I emailed Haupaugge support and sent them a link to my test video to see if there is anything weird going on with it. Does Sage support respond to problems/questions like this anymore?
Hauppauge will must likely not even look at it because in there eye's it a dead apps which is under stand able after all it not longer being support, As for Sage support there no hope there unless google changes it mind and bring it to PC side of thing for now.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Sage Expert

I'm going to give this a little more investigation and experiment a bit more. I noticed the HD300 has a time_to_start_into_tv_file_playback option in its properties, so maybe that will help. I will also look at the logs from the HD300 itself to see if there are any hints there.

Using mediainfo, here are the differences I noticed between the HDPVR and the 1512 files. If I had to guess, I would say the HD300 is having a problem with the positive value for the "delay relative to video" setting.

First Gen HDPVR:

Format profile: Main@L4.0
Format settings, ReFrames: 4 frames
Bitrate Mode: Variable
Delay relative to video: (most of my recordings are either -100 or -50 and I found one that -64 and -56)

1512:
Format profile: High@L4.0
Format settings, ReFrames: 3 frames
Bitrate Mode: 11.4 Mbps
Delay relative to video: 27ms (only have one recording saved from my problem channel).
Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Does Sage support respond to problems/questions like this anymore?
Sage Support may not help, but you've got nothing to lose by trying. They haven't shut off all support completely (as evidence: they have posted updates to fix problems with weather and with YouTube playback since the Google purchase, and they also released the updated v7.1 file that would work with older v6 licenses).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Sage Expert

I emailed Sage support, but I'm not really expecting a response. Today, supposedly, a Hauppauge developer will be connecting to my server and playing around with my 1512s (not with Sage though). I don't expect them to find much, but I set my Directv receivers to two problem channels.

Last night I also tried a bunch of other things to help nail down the problem, such as setting up a custom bitrate recording quality setting and setting my HD300 properties file to start playing recordings several seconds into the file. Nothing helped. I even completed a full recording and tried to play it back after it was finished (i.e., no longer "live TV"), but again, no sound. I even switched the 1512s to record via HDMI in AAC mode and still had no sound on problem channels.

As best I could tell, the problem recordings all had either positive "delay relative to video" values or were missing this value completely.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Is the HD-PVR 1 still being made? If not then should those of us that depend on it start buying up the existing stock of these given the possibility that the HD-PVR2 may never work in Sage? One of the things that would cause me to stop using Sage would be if I couldn't get tuners for HD and the HD-PVR is crucial to me for HD content.

I have a few spare HD-200s so I am good unless they really start to die all at once but my worry has now become the HD-PVR given this thread.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is the HD-PVR 1 still being made? If not then should those of us that depend on it start buying up the existing stock of these given the possibility that the HD-PVR2 may never work in Sage? One of the things that would cause me to stop using Sage would be if I couldn't get tuners for HD and the HD-PVR is crucial to me for HD content.

I have a few spare HD-200s so I am good unless they really start to die all at once but my worry has now become the HD-PVR given this thread.
I'm not sure if the 1212 HDPVR is still in production. But it does look like it is possible to use the HDPVR 1512 with a PC client (at least my server seems to play live TV audio). So all wouldn't be lost.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

I just want to understand the current situation.

The original HD-PVR works better with Sage than the HD-PVR2, correct?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I just want to understand the current situation.

The original HD-PVR works better with Sage than the HD-PVR2, correct?
For me, I have no problems with my first-gen HDPVRs (1212) using SPDIF to capture surround sound.

The HD-PVR 2 (1512) apparently has problems with the HD300 (and probably the HD200), since some live channels will not play sound, but if imported into an import directory like a movie, they will play sound.

Since these "no audio" recordings seem to play fine in other software (VLC, WMP, etc.), I can only assume that this is a bug or incompatibility with Sage. I suspect that Sage is telling the HDPVR2 to record with certain attributes and the HD300 is expecting a file with those attributes, but the HDPVR2 is not recording with those attributes. Thus, when "rescanned" by Sage, they work fine.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Any advantages to buying the V2 units other than HDMI? The V1 units are going for about $100 on eBay these days so it may be a good time to stock up and hope that you don't get a flaky unit.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Sage Expert

From what I can tell, the HDPVR2 does a little better job of encoding the video, even on component. The max bitrate is the same, but they are using a different encoding chip which seems a little better.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

You can still buy them directly from Hauppauge and NewEgg. So it might still be in production.