SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

HD-PVR Drivers ???

So I am trying to add an HD-PVR back to my system.

I wanted to start clean so I ran the hardware clean utility and rebooted, a few times. Redetected and installed, and setup as a source. Many times. Removed all referances to any tuner in the properties file.

No matter what I do, I get "No Signal".

I can add my other tuners in with no issue and all works just fine. The HD-PVR is no go. What can I be missing or what could be wrong?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Can you view the device using TME or VLC?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Sage Icon

I haven't tried, I am running on 2008 R2, 64 bit. I am starting to thik it's DOA.
I guess I need to try on a Win 7 PC.

What is TME?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Sage Icon

Arcsoft Total Media Extreme. It should be on the included install disc.

It includes a recorder app that you can use to test the HDPVR.

J
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, It's funny, I am so use to jst going to the manufactures site and getting the latest, I never look at the included software any longer. Bad habbit. I'll have to try that when I get home tonight.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Two other things to look for -
1)Make sure your cables are plugged into the HD-PVR input, not output. I made this mistake and it is very easy to do.

2)If I remember there are two settings - with and without spdif. I seem to recall not getting video when I selected with spdif and I was using analog or vice-versa and make sure that the correct cabling is connected when you do this.

edit - One more thing to try is that I think VLC might be able to use it as a video source if you can't find TME.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Sage User

I haven't used my HD-PVR for a while but doesn't it require installing TME?

I'm just using Colossus now but I checked my server pc. It has TME installed. I never use the program but I think Colossus and HD-PVR require TME to work in Sage.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Two other things to look for -
1)Make sure your cables are plugged into the HD-PVR input, not output. I made this mistake and it is very easy to do.
too funny, nope there on the bottom.

Quote:
2)If I remember there are two settings - with and without spdif. I seem to recall not getting video when I selected with spdif and I was using analog or vice-versa and make sure that the correct cabling is connected when you do this.

edit - One more thing to try is that I think VLC might be able to use it as a video source if you can't find TME.
This might be the issue, as I did only try selecting the +spdif option. I had this working about a year ago on this box. It worked well and was setup 1,2,3. It was when I added two to the system, I ebayed them.

I don't remember haveing to setup TME, but maybe i did IDK. I will have to try the other setting and see what happens.

Thanks for the sugestions!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd View Post
I'm just using Colossus now but I checked my server pc. It has TME installed. I never use the program but I think Colossus and HD-PVR require TME to work in Sage.
I think that is a codec issue that may have been the case with XP and perhaps Vista, but not with W7.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

Well TME works just fine and none of the options in Sage work for the HD-PVR.

Any suggestions?

I have used the hardware clear with every option and rebooted tried differant drivers and even wiped the Sage.prop file. the olnly thing I didin't do is start fresh by reloading the OS, and that's gonna happen. This server is also running Hyper-V as well. So I need to wait a few more months until I upgrade the hardware to do that.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Did u reboot ur OC after installing the new hdpvr. Also, very often you will get no preview playback while setting the device up. If your not using optical audio connections to the hdpvr, do not use the +spdif option only the one listed component. Since you said tme worked fine to playback the hdpvr then the hdpvr will work eventually we just need to figure out what's not working. If you attempted to setup sagetv with the hdpvr Asa source using spdif then you will need to completely remove that source and re-add it back as component only.

I have had instances in the past where sagetv would just not accept any new recording sources for whatever reason and I had to uninstall everything and start over. Just save your wiz files first.

Also what drivers are you running for HDPVR
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Sage Icon

I am using component +spdif, I can't you how many times I have used hcwClear and removed all entries from the properties file and rebooted.

I think you are right, I am at the reinstall stage for what ever reason. For now I am going to go back to my 1600's and wait on the HD-PVR until I migrate my server to it's new hardware.

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm just getting mine setup this week. I followed this thread:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44511

Based on the thread, I didn't install TME at all - just the driver... I got the latest one from the Hauppage site here: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/suppor...ort_hdpvr.html

I didn't have any issues getting the HD-PVR audio/video into STV when following this. I'm just having issues getting my STB to change channels via USB-UIRT
Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvnbysound View Post
I'm just getting mine setup this week. I followed this thread:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44511

Based on the thread, I didn't install TME at all - just the driver... I got the latest one from the Hauppage site here: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/suppor...ort_hdpvr.html

I didn't have any issues getting the HD-PVR audio/video into STV when following this. I'm just having issues getting my STB to change channels via USB-UIRT
Yeah, you definetly don't need TME installed.

This whole experiment totally hosed my setup, including the OS (2008R2). So now I am completly on 7MC until I can redo the whole thing.