SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Channel changing on Motorola VIP1216

Does anyone have any experience with the Motorola VIP1216?

I am changing cable providers in my area and the provider I am switching to uses the VIP1216. Based on the specs of the unit, it has a USB port. Is it possible to use this USB port for channel changing in a similar fashion to how I currently change channels over firewire on my Motoroloa DCT6200's?

If it is not possible to channel change over USB then I will need to use IR blasters (unless there is a third option i'm missing?). I am planning to have 4 STB's, two connected to my HDPVR's and two connected to some SD tuners. I use LM Remote and a Microsoft MCE IR Blaster/Reciever to channel change on the SD units. If I need to move to IR control for the HD STBs will Sage support using the IR Blasters on the HD PVR's? I thought I had read that Sage would only recognize one IR blaster on one HD PVR, that the second would be ignored. If I can't use the HD PVR blasters, does anyone have any recommendations for a 3rd party IR blaster that won't conflict with my existing unit?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Last edited by Striker:WG; 10-18-2012 at 09:30 PM.