SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
If you are in this situation you could alway export the flows on an extender and then import them on the server client. This would likely solve the Flow issue but my guess is there could be other minor related issues...but you could try it until we get this fixed.
FYI: I created and exported 4 flows on my client machine. I then copied the flows into the appropriated directory on the Sage server machine and then successfully imported them into the server client and, at least so far, haven't detected any problems
Old 10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Having this same problem on a completely fresh install. Gemstone was the first pluggin installed. Also a combined Server/Client. Gemstone looks very nice. I thought I was doing something stupid at first. Glad I found this thread
Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry it's a known issue. Currently you cannot create the default flows on the Server or more than one flow manually. Flow creation on dedicated Clients and extenders is working fine.

I haven't tried personally but I believe that you can create a flow on a client or HD300 and export it then import onto the server to get it setup.

We won't be able to fix for another week or so as we are all busy (away) but it will be sorted out for the next release for sure.

J
Old 10-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Sage User

Yes Jorton, I have confirmed that exporting flows created on an HD300 into the server works perfectly. And once those flows are in the server, they can then be edited. Fantastic work you guys are doing here...loving Gemstone!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

I noticed the same thing as well with a single flow and posted in a different thread about not being able to use the "copy" method to put SageMyMovies link back in my menu. Do you think this is related? Meaning, the reason the SageMyMovies menu option doesn't show up is because I'm doing this from the server UI? No biggie but don't want to spend a lot of time trying to figure it out if it could be a related bug and might get fixed when this one gets fixed

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I noticed the same thing as well with a single flow and posted in a different thread about not being able to use the "copy" method to put SageMyMovies link back in my menu. Do you think this is related? Meaning, the reason the SageMyMovies menu option doesn't show up is because I'm doing this from the server UI? No biggie but don't want to spend a lot of time trying to figure it out if it could be a related bug and might get fixed when this one gets fixed

Thanks!
It could be related as the issue is that some settings are not being initialized at startup on a client on the server. If you have an extender then try it there and then export the menus and import them on the server client.

k
Old 10-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
It could be related as the issue is that some settings are not being initialized at startup on a client on the server. If you have an extender then try it there and then export the menus and import them on the server client.

k
I will give that a shot. Thanks!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm still seeing this problem on my server UI. It was driving me crazy for awhile!

I'm assuming it's still not fixed then?

I'm going to go back to using the HD300 client to make the new flows.

Thanks for Dual Flow, it's awesome!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Works for me on my server.

I just test several new Flows adding one by one and they all are created fine.

Also when creating default flows when you already have some types created manually, the existing flow types will not be duplicated. e.g. if you have a 360 type flow and you create defaults sample flows of all the other types will be created, just not a 360 type.

J

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MulitpleFlows.jpg (111.0 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by jorton; 12-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Weird. I couldn't get Gemstone to create a new flow on my server (kept over-writing the one I was on).

But just tried again, from the main menu instead of already on the one I was copying from, and it worked. Again, strange.

In any event, I now have my two custom Dual Flow's I wanted, thanks!

Tags
flows