SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Sage Expert

Bug in Wall Flow filter?

Running latest version of Diamond 3.32 I think. I set up a new Movie view... wall flow and filtered to one directory (VIDEOS/MOVIES/KIDS MOVIES), but it keeps bringing in movies from another directory as well (VIDEOS/MOVIES/HDPVR MOVIES). I even put in a filter exclude for the latter, to no effect.

I haven't been able to figure out any user error... the movies in question are DEFINITELY NOT in in the KIDS MOVIES folder, and I have excluded the HDPVR folder they are in, and I'm using the exclude correctly (it's in red as I recall so hard to confuse with green include).

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks,
-Chris C.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
Running latest version of Diamond 3.32 I think. I set up a new Movie view... wall flow and filtered to one directory (VIDEOS/MOVIES/KIDS MOVIES), but it keeps bringing in movies from another directory as well (VIDEOS/MOVIES/HDPVR MOVIES). I even put in a filter exclude for the latter, to no effect.

I haven't been able to figure out any user error... the movies in question are DEFINITELY NOT in in the KIDS MOVIES folder, and I have excluded the HDPVR folder they are in, and I'm using the exclude correctly (it's in red as I recall so hard to confuse with green include).

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks,
-Chris C.
I can't try it right now but we did have an old bug where with a single exclude you needed to exclude another folder that did not affect your results (emtpy)... it was with Excludes but perhaps try this out... see this link for the details...

k
Old 12-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Sage Expert

Admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time reading the link you sent, but it didn't appear to address my specific issue.

I played around more and it's definitely a bug, not user error. And whether it's wall-flow or not, or if I add other stuff to the exclude or not just doesn't matter. It will keep including the HDPVR movies in the Kids Movies list.

By the way, files in HDPVR movies are all .TS files. Don't know if that might have anything to do with it somehow.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
Admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time reading the link you sent, but it didn't appear to address my specific issue.

I played around more and it's definitely a bug, not user error. And whether it's wall-flow or not, or if I add other stuff to the exclude or not just doesn't matter. It will keep including the HDPVR movies in the Kids Movies list.

By the way, files in HDPVR movies are all .TS files. Don't know if that might have anything to do with it somehow.
I spent some time testing this on my 3.32 install and could not recreate the issue so I guess I need more information. A single include should certainly do the trick (the issue I was referring to previously was a single exclude). I do not have any .TS files but I would doubt that is the issue.

Can you provide any details about your system such as OS (is it linux as path handling can react differently for sure). You could also turn on debug and upload the client or server debug log and I can look through it and see if there are any issues.

Perhaps other Diamond users can chime in if they are having similar issues as I have many Includes like this and they all seem to be working.

k
Old 12-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Sage User

I encountered what I believe is the same issue. I actually gave up at one point pissed because I couldn't figure it out.

My folder structure starts with "E:\Videos" then includes many extra subfolders like "\Videos\TV Series" "\Videos\New Stuff" "\Videos\Deadwood" etc.

I just wanted it to pull in the files in "\vidoes" but it would pull in all the subfolders and adding an exclude filter didn't actually remove anything.

If I tried to just have it display E:\Videos\Deadwood it would do the same thing. I eventually just moved everything I wanted displayed out of E:\Videos and placed in a folder called E:\Movies with no subfolders.

So it seems to me that it doesn't handle subfolders like you expect it to.