SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't see anything under flows

So I have added all default flows and I see them under Videos in my menu but they are all empty. I do see content under "Titles" or "DVD/BD". Do I have to do anything to load media files from specific folders for them to show up in a flow view?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

From the main menu go to options and then the Flow Manager and create the defaults. This is a good place to start as these are sort of how they were intended to be setup to some extent but there are endless options once you start to play with them and change them and their vfs views.

I think we will be adding the defaults when Gemstone is installed at some point so you see the sample/starter flows when you first load it up.

J
Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 PM
SageTVaholic

OK, now I see something. I just updated a bunch of plugins and restarted SageTV Service and now I see my files. Is there any Fanart caching to do in Gemstone? When I look at a Wall Flow a lot of the Fanart doesn't show up at first but as I start scrolling through the wall some of the Fanart posters start to show up.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

From the main menu if you hit the esc or option command go to "utility functions" and then go to "image options" and you can set the fanart location, and set the type of caching and clear the file cache/memory cache or prebuild it. The advanced scaling options are there if you want to shrink the fanart a bit to take it easier on the extenders etc...

You can precache on the server (extenders use the same cache) and also on the clients.

Also the options for using local fanart in the video folders is there for those that use MM etc...

Last edited by jorton; 09-07-2012 at 11:01 PM.