SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Constant PVR-USB2 Lock-ups

I have a system with 2 x PVR-350s and 1 x PVR-USB2. Both 350s work great and never give me trouble. They are both connected to satellite receivers via Svideo. The PVR-USB2 is connected to a TV Antenna via the Tuner. Every time I try to watch that channel, the picture freezes solid after 5-10 minutes. Sage does not lock. I can go back to the guide and select any of the satellite channels, but the Tuner channel will not unfreeze. I have to shutdown and restart Sage to bring the Tuner back.

I am using the latest drivers for both the 350s and the USB device. I have also confirmed that I can watch TV without lock-up using the PVR-USB2 and WinTV2000.

UPDATE: After further investigation, I have determined that it only happens when one or both of the PVR-350s are recording. When they are not recording, I can watch Live TV vis the PVR-USB2 without lock-up. Anyone have any ideas?

Sage Server - Dual Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 4 TB RAID 0 Disk, 5 x HD-PVR (BellTV HD), 5 x USB-UIRT, Windows 7 64-Bit on VMWare ESXI 5.1, SageTV 9.x Open Source
Clients #1 to #3 - HD300
Client #4 - Shield Android TV running Mini Client
Client #5 - Sony Bravia Android TV running Mini Client
Old 06-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Sounds like it might be an issue interacting with 2 350s rather than just the USB2. Have you tried it with just 1 350 installed?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.