SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Sage Expert

Question When will there be a detailed manual?

The SAGE 1.4 manual just doesn't do it.

I have lots of questions, and hate to have to bug you guys (and gals) for every one just because it's not intuitive to me to figure out.

I.E. If I record a favorite, watch it, and select the button that says "set as watched", then I ERASE this file, will it get recorded again if I have my favorites set to record ALL? Or does SAGE mark this episode title somehow, so it SKIPS recording it again, until I unmark it back somehow to UN-WATCHED or CLEAR ALL watched?

I tried SAGE 1.4 (demo) but was really put off by the WORDING used in several menus. The wife hated it.

SAGE 2.0 is leaps ahead, but not quite as intuitive as I have seen.

And there is no manual to reference WHAT a button does, or how to do certain procedures.

I.E. How do I CHANGE the default recording folder? NOWHERE does it mention that you have to DELETE the original folder, or it wil continue to use it, reguardless of what you have it set to. (I set it to 2GIG max and my new folder to ALL HD space and it was STILL recording to the SAGE folder, not my new one!) It wasn't until someone here was nice enough to suggest I REMOVE the OEM folder. I did and it FINALLY started to work!! There also is a LONGER DELAY now when starting recording, use to be there was a "slight" pause between every show ending and starting, about a second. Now it's several seconds....like 5-10, almost enough to mess up my recording, unless I pad it.

We need a manual!!!!!

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 06-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Re: When will there be a detailed manual?

Yeah, we know a manual is needed.

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
I.E. If I record a favorite, watch it, and select the button that says "set as watched", then I ERASE this file, will it get recorded again if I have my favorites set to record ALL? Or does SAGE mark this episode title somehow, so it SKIPS recording it again, until I unmark it back somehow to UN-WATCHED or CLEAR ALL watched?
Read my FAQ entries on that. See the FAQ link, below.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Sage User

Jeff, SageTV, please answer the question. We all want to know.
Mits 60 inch RPTV TV out via SVHS
Hughes HTL-HD DirecTV reciver
SageTV w/ WinPVR-250
Old 06-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

prolley when studio is relased
Old 06-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

With the exception of the new PVR card, they've been pretty quiet since 2.0 has been released. Makes you wonder if they're gonna pop back out with a big surprise... : )
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 06-10-2004, 10:32 PM
SageTVaholic

I got a manual for version 2
Old 06-11-2004, 06:53 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
Don't confuse the short install guide that installs with SAGE2.0 with a guide. I'm finding out this program has more tricks and features than expected, it would be nice to have them ALL documented in some form.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 06-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

What, and miss the thrill of discovery! Real men don't need no steenkin' manuals or even read them when available! Ok, sometimes I do...
Old 06-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
How about making the manual availible for others to read?

Doug