SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Where does one get old HD200 firmware?

tried to anonymous login to ftp://downloads.sagetv.com

Asks for creds.

Only links in FAQ are for last release. 0909 I believe. I want to try older releases for DTS dropouts.

Anyone have a repository?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack View Post

Asks for creds.

Only links in FAQ are for last release. 0909 I believe. I want to try older releases for DTS dropouts.

Try this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56956
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Thanks but - dead end to links for 0909 only.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Asks for creds.

I'm assuming you're talking about an HD300 as the HD200 doesn't support DTS without "transcoding" from server, also if you intended DTS as well as DTS-HD, before attempting to change firmware, please read THIS as there is the possibility that your problem can be fixed that way.

EDIT: However if your issue is with the HD200 that means that you are transcoding from the server and the dropouts can be the server that hasn't got the "man" to do it, or possibly network issues.
EDIT2: What I meant by HD200 doesn't support DTS is that DTS is only pass-though on HD200, no down conversion to stereo, so the need to "transcode" from the server

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 05-20-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about an HD300 as the HD200 doesn't support DTS without "transcoding" from server, also if you intended DTS as well as DTS-HD, before attempting to change firmware, please read THIS as there is the possibility that your problem can be fixed that way.

EDIT: However if your issue is with the HD200 that means that you are transcoding from the server and the dropouts can be the server that hasn't got the "man" to do it, or possibly network issues.
EDIT2: What I meant by HD200 doesn't support DTS is that DTS is only pass-though on HD200, no down conversion to stereo, so the need to "transcode" from the server

Eddy
Talking about the HD200. NOT the HD300.
As you EDIT2'd: HD200 is simply passing the DTS bit stream to my amp. On some, not all, mkvs the HD200 with 0909 firmware exhibits DTS dropouts. Yes I have read many threads regarding this, and, I MAY choose to demux, process, and remux the DTS tracks.
But would like to downgrade firmware and check with a problematic file, as this is easier.

It is not the amp / chipset in the amp. Some SD content I can play through old XBOX / XBMC and the passthrough bitstream is handled just fine. Likewise on HD content I can fire up an ION based XBMC and amp handles the same DTS stream just fine. The latter is big PITA ATM as I do not wish to leave confines of SageTV (two HD200s and headless 2 tuner server) as it meets 99% of my needs in spades. 1% being this annoying DTS droput issue.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes I have read many threads regarding this, and, I MAY choose to demux, process, and remux the DTS tracks.
But would like to downgrade firmware and check with a problematic file, as this is easier.
Yes, I understand your point and in other circumstances I would do exactly the same as you, but now with extenders so ridiculously expensive, I would personally try the conversion route first as I would be worried to brick my extender...

In fact, you already established that the issue is within the extender not being able to handle the media correctly as you can play the same media on a XBOX without problem, hence downgrading the firmware is not necessary IMHO.

EDIT: Also, please bear in mind that most of the time the issue is within the containers (MKV, AVI, etc..) and not within the audio/video format itself. The containers most of the times "lies" to you, I'm in the video broadcast business myself and we see this all the time.

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 05-20-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks but - dead end to links for 0909 only.
I'm not sure why you are having troubles downloading these. I just downloaded 36 older versions of the HD200 binaries, dating all the way back to 2009. Seems to work just fine...
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 04-24-2019, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I'm not sure why you are having troubles downloading these. I just downloaded 36 older versions of the HD200 binaries, dating all the way back to 2009. Seems to work just fine...
How do you DOWNGRADE the firmware to an older version? I have a couple of older versions and would like to try this as my HD200 is flaking out, but even by selecting 872 and UPDATE BY USB, when it sees the 2009 version, that's all it wants to use...
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 05-04-2019, 11:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
How do you DOWNGRADE the firmware to an older version? I have a couple of older versions and would like to try this as my HD200 is flaking out, but even by selecting 872 and UPDATE BY USB, when it sees the 2009 version, that's all it wants to use...
anyone? anyone know how to do this?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson