SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Sage Expert

Unhappy I Killed Sage....

I finished assembling my HTPC, by replacing my IDE cables, adding a intake fan, as well as install my front I/O panel.

I also stared a defrag, but stopped it.

Sage worked before, during, but not after.

I wanted to change a few settings, mainly the folder that it keeps video files in, so I can access them easier over my network. Well, no sooner do I do that then when I select 'SAGE RECORDINGS" and my PC locks up, CPU usage jumps to 50-60% and stays there. I have no choice but to reboot.

I try to watch TV, and select a program and I get another error message about no card found to play (error 10)

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I went as far as to put back the video folder to the default. Still screwed.

If I have to unistall and reinstall, how do I go about saving my settings, favorites, upcoming recordings and as well as save those I already have. (will they work with the new install? and show up on the menus?)

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 06-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Administrator

If you reinstall, keep wiz.bin for the new installation (Edit: that file contains all your show information), but if you are having problems enough to reinstall, I would not bother keeping the properties file -- you would want to reconfigure to reset things. You could simply try deleting the properties file & reconfifure before doing a full reinstall.

I would also check your drives to make sure there are no disk errors, from what you wrote.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

wix bin wiz bak properties file
but one of them is causing the problem I am guessing
you can try to delete the properties file and see if that does it
you will only have to setup channels and such but will keep recording info
Old 06-08-2004, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

me too slow
Old 06-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Sage Expert

I ran scandisk and it did indeed recover several files, non-of-which looked familiar, but I'm running scan disk and letting it finish before I tryyour suggestions.

How do I reconfigure the properties files? I knkow I can delete it, will restarting sage force sage to remake it? Should I delete both the properties AND the bak?

Wiz.bin....recorded information. This makes sence, but when I change the path to the videos, this should update no?

Ccan I check tis file and edit it?

Thanks for the responces, I'm a newby, but LOVE this program.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 06-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
How do I reconfigure the properties files? I knkow I can delete it, will restarting sage force sage to remake it? Should I delete both the properties AND the bak?
I would delete both. When you restart SageTV, you will need to set up your encoders again & set any other options you want to use.

Quote:
Wiz.bin....recorded information. This makes sence, but when I change the path to the videos, this should update no?

Ccan I check tis file and edit it?
You can't edit this file. You may end up losing the show information for your current recordings (not sure), but you will at least keep your favorites settings and history of what you watched.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

try just the properties first but it sounds to be a problem with one of the others since you move stuff around with sage running I am guessing or did not remove the storage of video place before moving them and readding it once they were moved
Old 06-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Sage Expert

Here's what I did to fix...

I tried your suggestions, but apparently what I did was screw up SAGE's core files somewheres. Deleting either one of those files or BOTH had no effect.

Here's what I did, and what I found ODD...

1. Copied all video's from default directory to folder on desktop so I can access them later. and copy those to DVD.
2. I UNINSTALLED SAGE 2.0
3. restarted PC and RE-INSTALLED sage.

This fixed the problem.

Here is whats Weird....Even after I destroyed and deleted all files, when I started sage, it REMEMBERED ALL my settings!!! Granted I lost my FAVORITES, and my video folder is empty, but all my SAGE settings were JUST as before.

All I had to do was add the 5 favorites I wanted, search for the 2 programs I wanted to record, and that was it. It even remembered my PVR-250's setup info, down to the channel and remapping I did for one channel. It even used the station ICONs I downloaded.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? (not that I'm complaining! )

Last edited by broderp; 06-09-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Did you reinstall over the original directory w/o delting all files? wiz.bin & sage.properties have backup files it may be using if you delete the originals but not the backups.

- Andy
Old 06-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Sage Expert

Andy, I DELETED the Wiz files AND the SAGE files (including baks)in my attempts to fix the problem first. Sage made "new" ones I saw this, but even with these new ones, I was still having sage lock up on me.

I suppose (I didn't check) the unistall didn't completely erase the first install, and maybe there are some items it could have gotten from the registry.

Either way, it worked out great. If this happens again, I will try to just install over the existing installation, hopefully whatever file I killed will be over-writtten.

Thanks.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Administrator

That's really all I was asking -- whether you had deleted the .bak files too. (I knew you deleted the originals.) If all the data files were gone, then there must have been something in the registry, like you said. Unless you've got 2 installations directories somehow...

- Andy