SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-10-2012, 03:29 AM

can't access manage favorites after install of version 7

I'm sorry if this has all been covered elsewhere, I have been searching on and off for a couple weeks trying to find the answer, but I haven't been able to find anyone that is having the same issue as me. I have a few questions. First, what are the likely causes for having a very high processor usage simply to run the sagetv service? I have found recently that one whole core is fully in use just to run the sagetv service. I generally do not have playback issues unless there was a reception problem, or at least that is what I have attributed the digital noise that we sometimes experience to, but even if sagetv is closed and only the service is active the cpu is occupied fully on one core. If I happen to be transcoding a recording as well then the other core is fully occupied so other programs will barely work. I tried doing a fresh install of sagetv and replacing the wiz.bin file with multiple different backed up versions of the file which I have had mixed results with. I previously had installed version 6.6 I think, but now I have installed version 7.1.9.256. I still have the same cpu issue after the upgrade to 7.1.9.256. I backed up the wiz.bin file before the installation of 7.1.9.256 and replaced the wiz.bin file in the sagetv folder with the one I had backed up. However when I did that it did something to my favorites, because now if I try to go into manage favorites I get a never ending slow spinning silver circle in the middle of the screen and the cpu goes to 100% on both cores. So I closed sagetv and the sagetv service and replaced that wiz.bin file with one from previous backup. When I did so, I regained access to the ability to manage favorites, but very many of the recordings that I had no longer appear in sagetv recordings. Initially when I installed the newer version of sagetv I did not replace the sage.properties file with the one I had backed up just before the reinstall thinking that perhaps the problem with the cpu was in the sage.properties file. However I I tried replacing that file with the older backup and it seems to be the same. The primary reason I want to use the new version is that from what I understand it integrates the metadata into each file instead of keeping it all in the wiz.bin file. From what I understood this would mean that I could move recordings to different folders on different drives than they were originally recorded on and still keep them in the sagetv recordings folder so long as the recurdings were in the recording directories. Is this true? If so can I use the older version of the wiz.bin file I have where my favorites work, but recover the recordings that are missing from the sagetv recordings view, and how?

Thank you,

Paul Mussell
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD
Old 03-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Paragraphs are a wonderful thing.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls