SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Wireless can really play havoc on video streaming. The server/client assume a full-speed connection when in fact, the client may not actually have all that strong of a signal.

Any in-house wifi video streaming I do is using wireless-N, and with multiple access points throughout the house...
Thanks Darci, it was the wireless causing the issue. I plugged into my powerline adapter and Plex didn't drop once. This is a good test as I am replacing an old MVP with an ATV2 at this location and the powerline will be the data line of choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Great point Darci,

I also question weather or not an atom chip is powerful enough to handle the heavy on the fly transcoding from plex.
So far so good Pix64, I love the Atom because it is silent but I am sure its days are numbered. There is not very much heavy lifting going on but I am sure it will reach a breaking point. The wife and I usually watch TV at the same time and only have one tuner configured.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by g-man; 02-06-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen View Post
Nope you didn't ask me before. I've attached the output...
Can you please try the following:

1) remove imports in plex
2) shutdown plex
3) make sure to install newest files from google code site
4) restart plex
5) resetup your tv shows import for sage
6) only select sagetv scanner and use personal media doe the agent (just for testing)
7) rescan
8) resend plex media scanner.log file

The removal and shutdown of plex is important. Plex keeps everything in its hash and if thr issue is coming from there then even updating the code won't make a difference.

If this doesn't work then the next step will be for me to see if I can out some error checking in the code. The version of python that is used for scanners and the actual output which you can log to the files in anything other that Mac is seriously limited. I originally had try catch blocks, etc in the scanner but had to remove because of all of the issues being caused by it in the windows scanner.

We can Gary some error checking code if we have to, I can simply send u the files, etc.

Are plex and sage on same server? Is there any possibility that u. Sould be seeing network interruption? Are u running plex on windows or Linux or Mac would be excellent :-D
Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

2) shutdown plex
4) restart plex
6) only select sagetv scanner and use personal media doe the agent (just for testing)
7) rescan

Are plex and sage on same server? Is there any possibility that u. Sould be seeing network interruption? Are u running plex on windows or Linux or Mac would be excellent :-D
OK, first off, everything is on Windows. Sage Server and Plex Server are both on a WHS v1 box.

Second, I think there might be a problem with the r2 download. Or maybe there was a problem with r1. I notice that in the r1 download, there is first a plugins directory, and within that, a BMTAgent.bundle. In the r2 zip, there is no plugins directory, just a Scanners directory and a BMTAgentTVShows.bundle. Was the new bundle supposed to be installed as a peer to Scanners? Did you mean for the r1 and r2 "bundles" to have different names? And if so, was I supposed to remove the BMTAgent.bundle, or those files that had been placed under that bundle by r1?

It's late, so I hope this makes sense. I've already removed all of the sections in Plex, and shut it down, and I'll hold off here to make sure I'm installing things correctly before trying the next part of the experiment.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, first off, everything is on Windows. Sage Server and Plex Server are both on a WHS v1 box.

Second, I think there might be a problem with the r2 download. Or maybe there was a problem with r1. I notice that in the r1 download, there is first a plugins directory, and within that, a BMTAgent.bundle. In the r2 zip, there is no plugins directory, just a Scanners directory and a BMTAgentTVShows.bundle. Was the new bundle supposed to be installed as a peer to Scanners? Did you mean for the r1 and r2 "bundles" to have different names? And if so, was I supposed to remove the BMTAgent.bundle, or those files that had been placed under that bundle by r1?

It's late, so I hope this makes sense. I've already removed all of the sections in Plex, and shut it down, and I'll hold off here to make sure I'm installing things correctly before trying the next part of the experiment.
K darci is on whs and having issues as well. Might be looking at a whs bug...

So the new scanner and agents are what u want to go with. Remove bmtagent.bundle and the existing scanner, and then use the r2. Google code. U will be left with 1 agent BMTAgentTVShows.bundle. And 2 scanners: SageTV scanner.py and SageTV Movie Scanner.py

Make sense? Sorry if the instructions weren't clear with the r2 code.

Last edited by PiX64; 02-06-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

So the new scanner and agents are what u want to go with. Remove bmtagent.bundle and the existing scanner, and then use the r2. Google code. U will be left with 1 agent BMTAgentTVShows.bundle. And 2 scanners: SageTV scanner.py and SageTV Movie Scanner.py

Make sense? Sorry if the instructions weren't clear with the r2 code.
I just looked again at the zip file and i see where the confusion came in.

I forgot to add the Plug-ins top level. my fault.

so what you want to end up with is this

Plex Path/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/BMTAgentTVShows.bundle
Plex Path/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py
Plex Path/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/*
Plex Path/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Movies/SageTV Movie Scanner.py

sorry for the confusion. i will fix the zip file tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
just to clarify an important difference: my recording directories are on WHS but PMS and SageTV server are on Vista...
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 02-07-2012, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Just wanted to say that I got everything up and running. Very nice work.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
So the specials come from when we do not have a season or episode number from BMT. WE have to put the file in some sort of season episode structure in order for plex to pick it up...so that explains that. Glad everythign is working for you.

Yes try removing the section from plex, completely stop plex, move new code in place, restart plex, readd sections, rescan.
so between the soft delete and the re-add it now looks like the data in BMT, thanks. I think my issue was that I set it up without choosing the BMT Agent. And then I went back in and changed it to the BMT agent after the fact and I thought maybe it would have corrected everything on a re-scan, but obviously not. Thanks again.
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Just wanted to say that I got everything up and running. Very nice work.
excellent - glad to hear it.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsupergeek View Post
so between the soft delete and the re-add it now looks like the data in BMT, thanks. I think my issue was that I set it up without choosing the BMT Agent. And then I went back in and changed it to the BMT agent after the fact and I thought maybe it would have corrected everything on a re-scan, but obviously not. Thanks again.
Awesome! thanks for reporting back.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just looked again at the zip file and i see where the confusion came in.

I forgot to add the Plug-ins top level. my fault.

so what you want to end up with is this

Plex Path/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/BMTAgentTVShows.bundle
Plex Path/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py
Plex Path/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/*
Plex Path/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Movies/SageTV Movie Scanner.py

sorry for the confusion. i will fix the zip file tomorrow.
New zip file placed on google code site which fixes the missing Plug-ins/ top level folder...sorry about that.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

2) shutdown plex
4) restart plex
7) rescan
OK, I think I've done the requested steps. I still got the same error:
Code:
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:57 [3504] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: F:\Record\Wimbledon-2536705-0.log
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:57 [3504] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: F:\Record\Wimbledon-2536705-0.mp4
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:58 [3504] ERROR - Error in Python: Running scanner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 155, in Scan
    category = showMF.get('ShowCategoriesString')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:58 [3504] ERROR - We got an error scanning in F:\Record
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:58 [3504] ERROR - There were errors scanning location: F:/Record
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:58 [3504] DEBUG - Since it was an incomplete scan, we are not going to whack missing media.
And, I've attached the requested log. Thanks for looking into this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Plex Media Scanner.zip (128.9 KB, 179 views)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Downloaded the updated ZIP file last night and installed. Looks good. No problems so far. I'll play around a bit to see how it goes. If only PLEX paid attention to comskip files...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, I think I've done the requested steps. I still got the same error:
Code:
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:57 [3504] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: F:\Record\Wimbledon-2536705-0.log
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:57 [3504] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: F:\Record\Wimbledon-2536705-0.mp4
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:58 [3504] ERROR - Error in Python: Running scanner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Scanners\Series\SageTV Scanner.py", line 155, in Scan
    category = showMF.get('ShowCategoriesString')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:58 [3504] ERROR - We got an error scanning in F:\Record
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:58 [3504] ERROR - There were errors scanning location: F:/Record
Feb 07, 2012 21:36:58 [3504] DEBUG - Since it was an incomplete scan, we are not going to whack missing media.
And, I've attached the requested log. Thanks for looking into this.
Wimbeldon or however you spell it is a movie right...so is this error coming from SageTV Scanner or SageTV Movie Scanner?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Wimbeldon or however you spell it is a movie right...so is this error coming from SageTV Scanner or SageTV Movie Scanner?
This is coming from the TV Scanner - I haven't set up the Movie scanner as yet.

Also, I did check the Wimbledon info inside of sage, and it does show as having Categories - I think it was Romantic Comedy.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Also, I did check the Wimbledon info inside of sage, and it does show as having Categories - I think it was Romantic Comedy.
Yeah - The "ShowCategoriesString" is the element being called, and it contains "Movie / Romantic comedy" which is valid.

So i created a dummy file with that filename, and was able to get it to scan in the movie scanner without issue. The TV Scanner should be getting the categories, ONLY to remove it from the scan. in order to effectivly keep the strcutre in plex i have to have 2 buckets. Movies and Tv Shows. if one is scanning the TV Shows in the sage directories, then everyrhing Tagged as a Movie or film, etc in BMT will NOT be added to the stack that is sent to the agents.

I will continue lookin at the SageTV Scanner.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
So bad news on the Syncing of Watched status and delete from a Native plex front. I just got done talking to some of the people over at plex, and There is currently NO support for hooks in Plex. Which basically means I cannot create a listner of sorts, or a launch a script upon completion of a event.
Somehow, the Plex media scrobbler for Trakt can 'listen' to what is played.

https://forums.plexapp.com/index.php...r-for-trakttv/

It uses a python script to watch what is playing and then uploads it to Trakt when the viewing percentage reaches 85%. It appears that they have even defined a granularity (85%...), so I wonder if we could use this as a basis for killing two birds with one stone...

Send the info to Trakt, but also send the 'watched' update to Sage via the HTTP api's as well?

Just a thought...

-Jason
Old 02-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I am going to PM u a new scanner file to try. This doesn't fix the issue, just puts some simple error checking in place. I want to see if we can first get your scan to finish and call BMT..then figure out what is up with the file and or files causing issues in your dir.

Darci has an issue like this which was unrelated and recieved a similiar error. I believe it was caused by timeouts in the request being made to BMT for show info.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Somehow, the Plex media scrobbler for Trakt can 'listen' to what is played.

https://forums.plexapp.com/index.php...r-for-trakttv/

It uses a python script to watch what is playing and then uploads it to Trakt when the viewing percentage reaches 85%. It appears that they have even defined a granularity (85%...), so I wonder if we could use this as a basis for killing two birds with one stone...

Send the info to Trakt, but also send the 'watched' update to Sage via the HTTP api's as well?

Just a thought...

-Jason
This is a great idea...It would force the user to make sure they launched the script manually for the first time, but could still work. This is a similiar idea to what i was thinking with the standalone program. If we can build it somewhat into the plex framework , i.e. python that woudl be great.

Ill dig into this some more.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is a great idea...It would force the user to make sure they launched the script manually for the first time, but could still work. This is a similiar idea to what i was thinking with the standalone program. If we can build it somewhat into the plex framework , i.e. python that woudl be great.

Ill dig into this some more.

Thanks!
Looking at this more, this looks very promising as a basis for our syncing of watched/unwatched and even deleting...you can set plex to allow clients to delete files, and when the code gets to the point of pinging plex for the information on a current media object if it isn't there itll return a "Hey stupid this isn't in my database" message...we could use this to allow for deleting of sage files also!

sweet!

nice find. ill keep digging.