SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I don't know if plex can do this, I think it always groups tv shows in Show/Season/Episode format. Are you saying you want just Show/Episode?
Nope. Show/Season/Episode is exactly what I'm looking for. For some reason it is seeing ShowSeason/Season/Episode. It's a bit odd, but I think it may be due to sage seeing the shows and knowing to group them together while Plex also sees the shows, but some little difference is causing them to be grouped separately.

An example is that I have the complete season 3 of The Americans recorded. 3 episodes are in one group (plex), the rest in another. In sageTV these all show up in the same season under the same show.

I think I just need to find what makes them different and go from there.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:14 AM
SageTVaholic

In plex, you can select the two groups that should be combined, and choose merge.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-06-2016, 07:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
In plex, you can select the two groups that should be combined, and choose merge.
Do you do this in the web client or the mobile client? I had tried to fix this my doing "fix incorrect match" and merging that way, but it never seems to stick over SageTV restarts.

Thanks!
mile
Old 10-06-2016, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Don't know.. I'm guessing the web client. Never had to myself, things usually pulled in with the sage metadata just fine.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-12-2016, 02:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Simple. Now I feel dumb. Thanks bud.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Simple. Now I feel dumb. Thanks bud.
How exactly do you do this in plex?

Thx
mike
Old 12-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Plex on Synology NAS

How would I do this if my Plex server is running on the Synology NAS. I can't install the files onto the server?
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 12-01-2016, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

I've actually given up on using this plugin. I enabled the setting in SageTV to keep spaces in filenames and let Plex sort out the metadata itself. As a result I noticed today that Plex actually keeps track of which TV series you're watching and remembers even after there are no longer any episodes. The next time an episode appears it goes in "On Deck". This does not happen with the SageTV plugin unless there is at least one watched episode still there.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I've actually given up on using this plugin. I enabled the setting in SageTV to keep spaces in filenames and let Plex sort out the metadata itself. As a result I noticed today that Plex actually keeps track of which TV series you're watching and remembers even after there are no longer any episodes. The next time an episode appears it goes in "On Deck". This does not happen with the SageTV plugin unless there is at least one watched episode still there.
Where is the setting to keep spaces ?
Old 12-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63646
Old 12-01-2016, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Thanks that is pretty nice feature.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can't use the extended_filenames yet since it is in the open source version and I have not updated. So I would really have liked to use this plugin.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
Old 12-02-2016, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball View Post
Can't use the extended_filenames yet since it is in the open source version and I have not updated. So I would really have liked to use this plugin.
How does the Synology store Plex's file system? If it is at all similar to Windows or Linux you should be able to just copy the files into their proper directories and edit the one file to match your environment and it should work.

Out of curiosity is there a reason you're holding back on upgrading to v9?
Old 12-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

File system is similar. I will try to get it to work.

Quote:
Out of curiosity is there a reason you're holding back on upgrading to v9?
If it isn't broken don't fix it is kinda where I am at. V7 has been working for years with no upkeep. Being that the whole family uses this I don't want to have it not work. Maybe at some point I will put a test system together and give it a shot, but I don't have the time.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
Old 12-06-2016, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball View Post
If it isn't broken don't fix it is kinda where I am at. V7 has been working for years with no upkeep. Being that the whole family uses this I don't want to have it not work. Maybe at some point I will put a test system together and give it a shot, but I don't have the time.
I do understand that sentiment. Just FYI, I upgraded to v9 near the beginning and have had very little disturbance to the family TV watching outside the infrequent hardware failure. Since moving to unRAID I've had a few hard drive failures but very little down time and no data loss. The only down time was to exchange hard drives during the wee hours of the night. Had I still been on Windows there would have been significant down time and data loss.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

The Readme notes say that sagex-services is required prior to install which requires Jetty. Of all the available pluggins that I found with "jetty" and there were two, "Jetty-gwt" installs but must not be the dependency needed; and "Jetty Web Server" but won't install for some reason. It returns "Failed-Resource download" followed by http:\\sourceforge....blah blah. Is there a different "Jetty" I'm missing?
Old 12-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Sage Expert

I just updated Plex yesterday, and when I run "sageplex_sync.exe all -s", I get this error message now:

Quote:
Failed to retrieve sections!

Total: 0 videos.
This was working directly before I updated Plex, so it has to be something to do with that (I haven't updated SageTV or java).

I saw a post a couple pages back in this thread about a fix with an updated sagex. But I'm not sure if this is the same problem I'm having?

It looks like the new sagex is only for SageTV 9, and I'm still running SageTV 7, so I might be out of luck. Unless there is another cause for this error?
Old 01-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nevermind!!! Found the issue.
Quote:
I believe there's a setting in Settings -> Server -> Library. It can scan on an interval (as often as hourly) and also 'automatically' when it detects a change in a folder (not sure how this works for a file being written by sage, haven't paid close enough attention).
Hi Fuzzy
Can you let me know what the file structures look like for unRAID? It appears the download (Zip) and the documentation on the WIKI is a bit dated.

There is a folder called (src>plex>common>sageplex) that contains the files like config.py, plexapi.py, plexlog.py, sagex.py and spvideo.py. however, I do not know where the files go in the unRAID Plex docker? I have tried to copy them to a few places, but keep getting this error in the scanner log.

Code:
Jan 02, 2017 14:58:56.626 [0x2b237b7287c0] ERROR - No module in SageTV Scanner
Jan 02, 2017 14:58:56.627 [0x2b237b7287c0] ERROR - Error in Python: Looking up module:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 32, in <module>
    import sageplex.plexlog # log wrapper for scanner/agent
ImportError: No module named sageplex.plexlog
I have put the extra PY files listed above in both scanner directories.

Code:
/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series#
/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/BMTAgentMovies.bundle/Contents/Code/plexlog.py
/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/BMTAgentTVShows.bundle/Contents/Code/plexlog.py
Thanks
Dave

Resolution: Make sure that the sageplex folder under "common" in the zip file, is copied to both :/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/ and :/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Movies/.
Example: /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/sageplex#
ls -ltr should produce this

Code:
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 12530 Jan  2 15:16 plexapi.py
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  7950 Jan  2 15:16 config.py
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 12831 Jan  2 15:16 SageTV Scanner.py
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 11592 Jan  2 15:16 spvideo.py
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 12609 Jan  2 15:16 sagex.py
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  5676 Jan  2 15:16 plexlog.py
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users     0 Jan  2 15:18 __init__.py

Last edited by hugenbdd; 01-02-2017 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Found the answer
Old 01-03-2017, 12:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
I just updated Plex yesterday, and when I run "sageplex_sync.exe all -s", I get this error message now:

This was working directly before I updated Plex, so it has to be something to do with that (I haven't updated SageTV or java).

I saw a post a couple pages back in this thread about a fix with an updated sagex. But I'm not sure if this is the same problem I'm having?

It looks like the new sagex is only for SageTV 9, and I'm still running SageTV 7, so I might be out of luck. Unless there is another cause for this error?
This is due to a REST api change on PLEX side. Previously we can simply query http://localhost:32400/library/sections to retrieve the list of sections. Now this API requires authentication.

Need to look into this and update the code accordingly.

FYI I am also still on v7. It was working perfectly fine until recently when I lost my DVR drive. While troubleshooting I decided it's time to start from a clean state so I reinstalled Windows from scratch. I got SageTV v7 and PLEX up and running without too much trouble. Probably should've gone with v9 but as I was fixing my system I didn't want to change too many variables at once.

Meanwhile this single point of failure (one machine) was bugging me, and I decided to build a second system where I can experiment with stuff without affecting regular SageTV. Put together a new i5 over the holiday break and throw a bunch of disks in there. Still experimenting..

Anyway I haven't actually installed this plugin after rebuilding my system. Just tried it now and getting a failure on installing Jetty Web Server dependency (while installing sagex-services).. Need to figure this out or move to v9 I suppose.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I've actually given up on using this plugin. I enabled the setting in SageTV to keep spaces in filenames and let Plex sort out the metadata itself.
Did you do anything for recordings that existed prior to enabling extended_filenames in Sage? (e.g. a batch rename)