SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Not that I am aware of. Both require your content to be transcoded on the fly for the most part. word of caution with the ATV3 is that it has not yet been jailbroken. I believe this is the longest it has taken the collective genius minds out there to jailbreak it.

Airplay is super nice and i def. understand why you would like to utlize that.
Does anyone know if the Roku 2 XS causes the same rwd/fwd black/buffering screen similar to the ATV2.

My ATV2 has this and the plex forum says it is because of the transcode. If the Roku 2 XS can play 1080p natively I am assuming this would go away.

It would be nice to see what you are rewinding/fast forwarding to instead of black screen like the ATV2 produces.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man View Post
Does anyone know if the Roku 2 XS causes the same rwd/fwd black/buffering screen similar to the ATV2.

My ATV2 has this and the plex forum says it is because of the transcode. If the Roku 2 XS can play 1080p natively I am assuming this would go away.

It would be nice to see what you are rewinding/fast forwarding to instead of black screen like the ATV2 produces.
The actual playback of content on the Roku is handled via the plex channel (which is now a supported channel officially released in the channel store btw). Unfortunately i cannot answer the question as to how this works internally to that code. The plex scanner/agent just allows PMS to see and catalogue the recorded content from Sage.

You may want to try asking this question over at the plex forum roku subforum.

What I can tell you is that I have not personally experienced what you are describing above.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

The ATV2 creates a blank screen when fwd is pressed on Pretty much all content as the plex server is transcoding down to 720p. I may just pick up a Roku anyway since you are not seeing the same issue from a Roku and I need to replace an old MVP.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I've looked through this thread, and I'm not seeing anything related to my issue. I've got the latest version of both plex and the bmt agent and I'm not getting anything after it scans my recording directories. I"ve looked at the logs and there is literally no info in it. I'll grab it if you want, but I may not be looking at the right one. What are some things to look at when this happens?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

One thing to check is to make sure everything is configured correctly.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, crap. I had all that set. I guess I forgot to check when I updated to the new version. It's always something simple...

Thanks
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, that worked. Now all I have to do is figure out why plex won't connect to the my.plex account so I can use mobile streaming.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I've gotten to the point where I need to add 2 more extenders...am I am thinking about going with Roku + Plex instead of paying $$$ for a HD*00 on ebay.

What do you guys do for scheduling shows - do you just use the web interface for sage? I assume there is no way to get any kind of integration into plex for that.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
So I've gotten to the point where I need to add 2 more extenders...am I am thinking about going with Roku + Plex instead of paying $$$ for a HD*00 on ebay.

What do you guys do for scheduling shows - do you just use the web interface for sage? I assume there is no way to get any kind of integration into plex for that.
I do almost all scheduling through sage webui or sage mobile web.

It is possible to build an app of sorts in plex "channel" which would allow for the epg and scheduling of shows, etc, but I prolly won't be tackling that anytime soon.

That being said plex media server with our custom agent and scanners makes for an easy way to extend your sage experience to more tvs. Roku, atv1,atv2, iOS, lg media link, etc (basically all platforms that plex runs on will have access to your sage recorded content with BMT metadata and fanart
Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

I have SageTV Server and Plex Media Server on different Windows PCs, is it possible to get this plugin working or both plex and SageTV has to be on the same computer?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
I have SageTV Server and Plex Media Server on different Windows PCs, is it possible to get this plugin working or both plex and SageTV has to be on the same computer?
It is possible, and that's actually how brian and I did all of the development. Thiese scanners and agent can run on any flavor of Plex, Mac, Linux, and windows. Check thE install guide that darci put together over on the wiki to see if that helps. If no I can help u get it up and running no problem. :-)
Old 07-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

And I've done it both ways. You just need the IP address of your SageTV server to plug into the config files for the Plex plugins and you should be good to go
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM

So I have a more fundamental issue. I am not new to SageTv, but am new to Plex.

I have your plugin installed and configured. However, in order to use your scanner and Agent, the section must be created under "TV Shows." I cannot get any of my Sage recording to show when I create a Plex section under TV. They only display when I create a section under "Movies" It likely has to do with the folder structure and the fact that Sage does not use one (just dumps recordings into one folder).

So many of you seem to be using this; how did you set up Plex to see your sage recordings AND use the agent and scanner?
Old 08-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutseth View Post
So I have a more fundamental issue. I am not new to SageTv, but am new to Plex.

I have your plugin installed and configured. However, in order to use your scanner and Agent, the section must be created under "TV Shows." I cannot get any of my Sage recording to show when I create a Plex section under TV. They only display when I create a section under "Movies" It likely has to do with the folder structure and the fact that Sage does not use one (just dumps recordings into one folder).

So many of you seem to be using this; how did you set up Plex to see your sage recordings AND use the agent and scanner?
Take a look at the wiki that was written on how to setup the scanner and TV Agents.

For Sage Recorded TV Shows yo umust have:
sagex installed and configured
modified the appropriate .py and properties files to contain your url, username and password
the custom scanner to scan files, the custom BMT agent to get metadata

For Recorded Movies:
you need ONLY the SageTV Movie Scanner, and are to use the default metadata agent for movies.

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for-...acenter/w/list

Take a read of that, and let me know if you have any issues. The Scanner(s) and Agent are pretty well stable release, and we haven't seen many issues with any environment (Mac, PC, or Linux)

**** I forgot to mention the most important part next to sagex installed. You need to copy the plex.js file to the appropriate location on your sage server. This js file contains a custom function which scanners and agent use to retrieve metadata from sagex/SageTV

Last edited by PiX64; 08-30-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

troutseth

I had the same issue. You have to have sage put the season and episode numbers in the file names for Plex to see them properly as TV shows

in Sage go to Setup => Detailed Setup => Customize

and make sure the Include season and episode numbers in filenames option is set to yes

it wont retroactively fix all your files, but anything new that is recorded will be properly recognized by Plex as a TV show

Hope that helps

Last edited by PosterBoy; 08-30-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Fix text for option
Old 08-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterBoy View Post
troutseth

I had the same issue. You have to have sage put the season and episode numbers in the file names for Plex to see them properly as TV shows

in Sage go to Setup => Detailed Setup => Customize

and make sure the Include season and episode numbers in filenames option is set to yes

it wont retroactively fix all your files, but anything new that is recorded will be properly recognized by Plex as a TV show

Hope that helps
That is only true if you are using the standalone built in plex scanners. The season and episdoe info being in the file name is NOT required in anway for the Custom Scanners and MEtadata Agent to work. All info is based on info stored in BMT.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Take a look at the wiki that was written on how to setup the scanner and TV Agents.

For Sage Recorded TV Shows yo umust have:
sagex installed and configured
modified the appropriate .py and properties files to contain your url, username and password
the custom scanner to scan files, the custom BMT agent to get metadata

For Recorded Movies:
you need ONLY the SageTV Movie Scanner, and are to use the default metadata agent for movies.

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for-...acenter/w/list

Take a read of that, and let me know if you have any issues. The Scanner(s) and Agent are pretty well stable release, and we haven't seen many issues with any environment (Mac, PC, or Linux)

**** I forgot to mention the most important part next to sagex installed. You need to copy the plex.js file to the appropriate location on your sage server. This js file contains a custom function which scanners and agent use to retrieve metadata from sagex/SageTV
So I went though the wiki when I installed and configured. I can't see any steps that I have missed and still I get no love in the TV section of Plex.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 AM

OK,

so I was able to get it to work once. I discovered the issue that I was running 7.0.23. Upgraded and it worked - sorta. I still have two lingering challenges.

1) My art for the episode is not showing - only the series.
2) I cannot get Plex to update my watched folder. It found the Tv shows the first time and will not update, even with a deep scan manually initiated.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I need some clarification. I have this plugin installed and working, however I have a couple of questions regarding playback of SageTV recordings.

I have the following plex clients installed and running: Plex Client on a Windows 7 PC, Roku 2 XS (wired Ethernet connection) and a Playstation 3 (dnla client). I am a Plex newbie but as I understand it, plex server looks at the client and determines what formats the client can play natively (Directplay), if a client can’t play the file then it transcodes the video file and sends it to the client in a format it can play. So my issue is mpeg files directly recorded in SageTV. What client are you using for playback. My issue is that I cannot conveniently fast forward a show, with the exception of the Plex Client on Win 7. When FF on Plex Client for win 7 I can see video as I am fast forwarding. On Roku 2 as I skip ahead I can move forward based on the time at the bottom of the screen and then hit OK and then the file rebuffers. At no point do I see and FF on the screen so I don’t know when the commercials are over. I went to the client settings and set it for Directplay however it will not…so is MPEG not a directplay format on the Roku? PS3 for FF I can play at 1.5X speed.

So I guess my question is what clients are people using. Is there a way to directplay my sagetv recordings? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutseth View Post
OK,

so I was able to get it to work once. I discovered the issue that I was running 7.0.23. Upgraded and it worked - sorta. I still have two lingering challenges.

1) My art for the episode is not showing - only the series.
2) I cannot get Plex to update my watched folder. It found the Tv shows the first time and will not update, even with a deep scan manually initiated.
Watched status only works on initial scan. into plex, NOT backwards into SageTv. That was an outstanding task which most likely will not be implemented.

AFA the Fanart goes, I would try wiping out your entire library section, shutdown plex server, restart, then try adding them back in. Make sure to select both the custom scanner and custom bmt agent. If you have fanart in sage via BMT, then it should be pulled through to plex. If you are still having issues please send along the log files.