SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Conflict Notification

I don't remember having this problem in the past but I seem to be having it often now. Why is there no conflict notification if a favorite is overridden by a manual recording? If you have two tuners and both are already scheduled with manual recordings and you try to schedule a third you get a popup message saying there is a conflict, but if you have one or two scheduled as favorites and you schedule a third Sage overides one of the favorites and does not give a popup or warn in any way of a conflict. You can loose the favorite and not even know about it. I am on the last Sage v7.

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit

Last edited by Steve52; 11-11-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

If there is no conflict message it means Sage was able to find another time slot to record your Favorite.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
If there is no conflict message it means Sage was able to find another time slot to record your Favorite.
But it didn't the show did not record.

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit
Old 11-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Sage Icon

If like your signature says, you are still running version 6.6.1, there might have been some improvements since...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
If like your signature says, you are still running version 6.6.1, there might have been some improvements since...
Sig is wrong. I will update.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52 View Post
But it didn't the show did not record.
See if it is planning on recording it sometime in the future.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
See if it is planning on recording it sometime in the future.
No it doesn't.

Here is what I think is happening. If all your tuners are tied up recording manual recordings and you try to set another manual recording you will get a popup telling you there is a conflict. If however your tuners are all tied up with favorites and you try and set a manual recording you do not get a popup. What you get is the conflict icon in the upper right corner of your screen. If you see this icon fine, you can undo the manual and you are ok. If you are watching a movie or a show and just hit the guide to record something you may not see this icon and will not know that you have just cancelled one of you favorites by scheduling the manual recording. I think this is just how Sage works. I have been using Sage a long time and just noticed this recently. I know that Sage gives priority to manual recordings, but it seems it should at least notify you with a conflict popup whether it is a manual or a favorite that is in conflict. Given the status of Sage we will have to live with the way it works. I was hoping maybe there was a setting to turn off or on the notification popup, but I don't think there is one.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52 View Post
No it doesn't.

Here is what I think is happening. If all your tuners are tied up recording manual recordings and you try to set another manual recording you will get a popup telling you there is a conflict. If however your tuners are all tied up with favorites and you try and set a manual recording you do not get a popup. What you get is the conflict icon in the upper right corner of your screen. If you see this icon fine, you can undo the manual and you are ok. If you are watching a movie or a show and just hit the guide to record something you may not see this icon and will not know that you have just cancelled one of you favorites by scheduling the manual recording. I think this is just how Sage works. I have been using Sage a long time and just noticed this recently. I know that Sage gives priority to manual recordings, but it seems it should at least notify you with a conflict popup whether it is a manual or a favorite that is in conflict. Given the status of Sage we will have to live with the way it works. I was hoping maybe there was a setting to turn off or on the notification popup, but I don't think there is one.
You are correct, there is no notification other than the conflict icon at the top. The thing is, it can sometimes take a bit of time to do a reschedule, and it would be sometimes an unacceptable wait after clicking to record a show manually, and the popup coming up, with the UI just waiting for it to happen. the alternative would be to NOT have the UI wait, but that may end up being more disruptive, as the only really good way for it to do it is to pop up a notification on ANY conflict, which would be quite annoying.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room