SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-16-2011, 03:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Very basic question about full screen toggle

For years, I've had my own way of full screen toggle on my PC client which resized the window to take up the full screen. After switching to Windows 7, that trick no longer works since the Win7 taskbar has a limitation.

Anyway, when trying the standard full screen toggle while video is playing. I noticed that video and audio get disrupted briefly while toggling from Window mode to full screen mode and visa-versa. Is this normal? It's very distracting. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Maybe there's a setting that causes this undesirable side-effect?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-16-2011, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

It's probably because it has to rebuild the playback graph when switching from windowed to Fullscreen 3D Exclusive mode. I can't remember if there's a setting or not for that.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

That's exactly the kind of symptom it has. Except I don't have FSE enabled. I haven't used FSE in years, but what I still remember about it, it was clunky when doing fullscreen toggle.

Im just curious if the graph needs to be rebuilt even when using standard default NON-FSE mode. Maybe having Aero Glass enabled for sage is causing this?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

I have about a 1.5 sec black screen switching in and out of fullscreen. Using EVR and MS DTV-DVD Video decoder.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming