SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Sage User

No video/sound in live tv

I've tried searching but didn't find anything that would help. I'm using the avermedia m150 with sage2. I've tried hooking up via rf through digital cable box, s-video and direct connect rf to cable. I still get no video or sound when launching live tv. It looks like it's paused. I've tried reinstalling sage, the OS, I've installed elecard, sonic and nvdvd, seperately and together to no avail. I got video once for a short time and don't know how to get it back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared
Old 06-01-2004, 09:38 AM
SageTVaholic

1) Which decoders do you have selected in Detailed Setup?

2) Can you play recordings?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Sage User

For the decoders, I've selected elecard, sonic, nvdvd and default. I've tried installing them individually and together. First one I tried was sonic, then elecard, then nvdvd.

I don't have anything recorded to view. I can view avi, mpg, and dvd's with no problem. Does that help?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

I assume you ran throught the setup wizard and set up your source.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Sage User

The one that runs when you first launch the software? Yes, I've also deleted the source and reinstalled it to use s-video, rf input both internal tuner and external cable box. I've also tried changing the source via detailed setup.

I'm sure I'm missing some really simple and very obviouse check box or simple setting.

Thanks,
Jared

Also, could it be a driver issue maybe? I'm using the drivers off the avermedia web site. Are there special sage drivers I should use?
Old 06-01-2004, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't have any personal experience with the M150, but there shouldn't be any special drivers.

Have you tried different video/audio renderers?
Old 06-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Sage User

I've tried all three viedeo renderers (that's the overlay, default, and vmr9 right?) I haven't messed with the audio. I'm running the chaintech 7.1 card and there where too many options for me to start messing around with. I also didn't think audio would help since I wasn't getting video. But I guess I wasn't getting audio either... so that makes sense to look there too.

I saw in an earlier thread about disabling and reenabling 3d. I tried that also with no success.

The video card in this pc is an mx440 so it doesn't support dx9. So then it wouldn't support that vmr9 either would it?

Thanks,
Jared
Old 06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

mx440 will do great with vmr9. I think its your source. Unless you are not using the tuner, do not choose anything else. Go back through and choose the tuner option even if you are not using it, there should still be static. We have had other identical posts in the past where the person was sure they tried all options for the source but it has always ended up being the problem.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Sage User

Not to sound stupid or anything, but by source you mean the input on the capture card right? So you want me to set it to internal tuner on the capture card? tuned to antenna or cable or does it matter for this test? I haven't tried setting it to antenna, but have tried the cable. I'll try the antenna when I get home. Unless you mean something else, in that case could you please clarify?

Many thanks,
Jared
Old 06-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

boardthis74, yes, just set it to cable again for the test.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Sage User

Didn't work. No static, even when trying to tune antenna. Right now the only decoder I have installed is sonic. Would that be something to look at? Also, This is running as a server so I can mess with the client on my personal pc. Would that cause anything?

Thanks,
Jared

Oh, I didn't know if this would be an issue, but this is eval version. I wanted to make sure it works before purchasing.

Last edited by boardthis74; 06-01-2004 at 06:09 PM.