SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had to power cycle my Homerun Prime today because it stopped receiving a signal. That's annoying. Apparently that firmware patch a while ago didn't get rid of the bug that makes the thing stop working after a while. I will make sure to power cycle it every so often. Thank goodness for SageAlert.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit

Last edited by Sparhawk6; 11-18-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauchy View Post
I'm hooking up my HDHR Prime. I got it working outside SageTV already...
As a Digital Tuner only so far. The cable guy is coming tomorrow between 9am-11am to deliver my CableCARD.
SageDCT requires a paired CableCARD in the DCT. It will not work otherwise.

Quote:
Do they mean the "Setup Wizard" screen in SageTV for selecting a channel lineup from the following options?
  • Use US, Canada, or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source
  • Use tvtv Services Guide Data with this Source
  • Do Not Use Program Guide Data with this Source
  • Use or Copy an Existing Channel Lineup for this Source
Yes.

Quote:

Plus under "Functioning" it says false, so I'm not sure what to make of that.
That means that SageTV can't talk to the NE.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
babgvant, I had two halts in recordings tonight (2011/11/17). One at 8:02pm and one at 9:18pm (time of halt warnings in SageTV). Both happened while I was watching a recording that was recording (NFL Football). The first was a different recording one another Prime tuner that was recording at the same time and the second was of the recording I was watching. Attached is the verbose log. I left the "RTP Delay" at the default value after upgrading to v2.1.8, so it was at 0. I have changed the "RTP Delay" to 100 and restarted to see if that helps. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
The one that failed to tune initially might be the race problem, and because of that I found a bug in how the UPnP capture method detects if it was successful or not that will be fixed in the next rev. Let me know if you get that one again.

I'm not sure what happened for the NFL recording. It looks like SageDCT just stopped receiving data midway through the recording.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Setting up a prime on a WHS box for the first time.

I got the card activated via comcast and can see the channels via quickTV.

After running sageDCT and adding the turners to the sage properties file, I updated the line ups.

After this any channels I tune to say No Data. Even the over the air tuner that I still have in the system. When I put my old sage properties file back, my over the air tuners work fine.

I do have windows firewall running.

Any ideas what to check from here?

Thanks

-Tim

Last edited by Email68; 11-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Email68 View Post
Setting up a prime on a WHS box for the first time.

I got the card activated via comcast and can see the channels via quickTV.

After running sageDCT and adding the turners to the sage properties file, I updated the line ups.

After this any channels I tune to say No Data. Even the over the air tuner that I still have in the system. When I put my old sage properties file back, my over the air tuners work fine.

I do have windows firewall running.

Any ideas what to check from here?

Thanks

-Tim
Did you set your Windows firewall to allow all connections?
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post

I just checked, there are a lot of exceptions for SageTV in the firewall already.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I just checked, there are a lot of exceptions for SageTV in the firewall already.
Well, I had issues when I excepted Sage from the firewall. My issues went away when I set it to "allow all connections", which, confusingly enough, means that Windows reports the firewall as being off. But..actually turning it off screws with SageDCT. Weird.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Well, I had issues when I excepted Sage from the firewall. My issues went away when I set it to "allow all connections", which, confusingly enough, means that Windows reports the firewall as being off. But..actually turning it off screws with SageDCT. Weird.
Thanks,

I made sure it has all connections allowed even on the internet. I also added the sagetv.exe to the exceptions. Restarted everything, and still no go.

Channel ok on quickTV.

Something is going on with the sage.property file after I add the sageDCT output. Because when I do, none of the tuners work, including my older over the air tuners.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks,

Something is going on with the sage.property file after I add the sageDCT output. Because when I do, none of the tuners work, including my older over the air tuners.
Can you email me the txt file SageDCT generates?
Old 11-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just emailed it along with the logs.

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Can you email me the txt file SageDCT generates?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
How do I set the firewall to 'allow all connections' on whs?

I added sageDCT.exe to the firewall, but I think I should be adding the service. Is that the same thing?

Here is how my firewall looks.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-11-19 at 10.42.14 AM.png (24.6 KB, 222 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-11-19 at 10.42.34 AM.png (33.8 KB, 217 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-11-19 at 10.42.52 AM.png (22.6 KB, 203 views)
Old 11-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
SageDCT requires a paired CableCARD in the DCT. It will not work otherwise.

Yes.

That means that SageTV can't talk to the NE.
Thanks babgvant!

The FiOS guys came over yesterday and I got the card working. I'm able to watch local channels but all of the paid content, I'm getting "copy protected" messages.

I had read that FiOS is copy freely but that must not be for my area in Portland, OR or something. So unless there's something to be done about it I'm probably just going to box this HDHR and send it back to Amazon.com I already have plenty of methods of recording locals I don't need another.

I was hoping to retire my HD PVR but I guess I'm stuck with it. Any ideas if I might have a setting wrong or something for the copy protection?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks babgvant!

I had read that FiOS is copy freely but that must not be for my area in Portland, OR or something.
AFAIK you're the first to have non-Copy Freely FiOS. I'd say it's worth a couple phone calls (you might have to try a few times to get someone who will understand what you're talking about). I got Cox to change the flags on a HD channel that way.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Andy, I noticed SageDCT burning a ton of CPU time and 6 GB of memory use during a dual HD recording in addition to a lot of skipping and stuttering on playback. So I tried to reconfigure SageDCT to use the PDBA method, but everytime Sage tries to record with it, I get this error in the logfile:

Startup Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F37FEBBC-49B1-4402-9559-537C15FB2674} failed due to the following error: 80040154. - 0 - HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131088C6-0

This is under windows 7 x64.

Any idea as to what's going on?

Thx!

Last edited by fresnoboy; 11-20-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnoboy View Post
I noticed SageDCT burning a ton of CPU time and 6 GB of memory use during a dual HD recording in addition to a lot of skipping and stuttering on playback.
That's not normal. Make sure you have the latest everything including NIC drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnoboy View Post
So I tried to reconfigure SageDCT to use the PDBA method, but everytime Sage tries to record with it, I get this error in the logfile:

Startup Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F37FEBBC-49B1-4402-9559-537C15FB2674} failed due to the following error: 80040154. - 0 - HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131088C6-0

This is under windows 7 x64.

Any idea as to what's going on?
Do you have the HDHR SW installed? It won't work without that. I haven't been able to get the PBDA method to work with the PRIME, but I didn't try that hard either.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Sage User

Quote:
AFAIK you're the first to have non-Copy Freely FiOS. I'd say it's worth a couple phone calls (you might have to try a few times to get someone who will understand what you're talking about). I got Cox to change the flags on a HD channel that way.
I second what babgvant said. I had similar issues after setting up my first cable card due to a configuration problem on Verizon's end. I called the Fios support line and the technician was very knowledgeable about cable cards, even if he had never heard of the Prime or SageTV. After a little work on his side and a few reboots, all of my channels now show up as copy freely. I would be very surprised if Verizon has a different policy just for your area.

http://www.missingremote.com/forums/...us-master-list
Old 11-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Is it necessary to install the Prime software on a Windows 7 box or is there a workaround for those of us running the SageTV server on WinXP/Win2003?
(only interested in copy freely channels)

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

PDBA Question

Andy,

First, thanks for SageDCT. It has allowed me to replace a STB with a HDHomerun Prime and a CableCard over the weekend.

Everything appears to be working fine and my only issue is with PDBA. I'm running Windows 7 x86 SP1 and have installed the AVIVO codec as outlined on your blog. When I attempt to activate PDBA capture, SageTV spends about 30 seconds looking for the channel and then comes back with a no signal message. If I deactivate PDBP capture, then SageTV finds and tunes the channel in about 3 seconds. I'm perfectly happy to leave PDBA off but wanted to check, am I missing something or does PDBA just not work with my software/hardware?

Jerry
Old 11-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
When I attempt to activate PDBA capture, SageTV spends about 30 seconds looking for the channel and then comes back with a no signal message.
I haven't been able to get PBDA working with the PRIME and I haven't had/made the time to figure out why.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I haven't been able to get PBDA working with the PRIME and I haven't had/made the time to figure out why.
No problem. Thanks for letting me know. I'll just use non-PBDA capture.