SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter69 View Post
I currently have sagedct working with a hdhrprime. I am experiencing a problem with my setup. I have done quite a bit of searching and have not found any potetial solutions. So i am either searching incorrectly or the problem is unique to my setup. I am hoping you guys will have some suggestions, here is my problem:

While watching live tv everything streams fine until the show ends. Once a show ends, the picture freezes. The picture will stay frozen until I go to the guide and retune the channel (same channel). So to summarize when transitioning between shows the picture freezes and remains frozen until I retune the channel via the guide.

I believe this issue only exist regarding live tv.

I really appreciate any help and suggestions
You really need to give more info Version of SageDCT format used in Sagedct dump or ffmpeg etc..
Old 12-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well you got further than me. I can't record or watch live through SageTV. I just tried Sage V7 and have the same problem. No recordings or live TV.

I've attached a display of one of my tuners. I have SageDCT running on the same box as Sage and can telnet to the ports the tuner are assigned to so it's not a firewall issue. I've basically run out of ideas.

I've very disappointed that I can't get the Prime to work with Sage and it's now too late to return it. I just bought another ATSC tuner card on ebay to at least be able to record from my antenna.

If Windows media center had a remote interface/web browser to setup recordings without having to use it on my server that would be ok, I guess but my wife isn't going to remote into the desktop WMC is running on to do that.
Attached Images
File Type: png 12-7-2014 12-14-53 PM.png (615.4 KB, 245 views)

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 12-07-2014, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
Well you got further than me. I can't record or watch live through SageTV. I just tried Sage V7 and have the same problem. No recordings or live TV.

I've attached a display of one of my tuners. I have SageDCT running on the same box as Sage and can telnet to the ports the tuner are assigned to so it's not a firewall issue. I've basically run out of ideas.

I've very disappointed that I can't get the Prime to work with Sage and it's now too late to return it. I just bought another ATSC tuner card on ebay to at least be able to record from my antenna.

If Windows media center had a remote interface/web browser to setup recordings without having to use it on my server that would be ok, I guess but my wife isn't going to remote into the desktop WMC is running on to do that.
If you really wat to use WMC you can use Remote Potato... http://www.remotepotato.com/

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-07-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

James, What EPG lineup(s) are you using? It looks like you customized the EPG lineup for your Prime tuners, or copied it from another tuner? I was kind of expecting to see a city/cable company on that screenshot.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
You really need to give more info Version of SageDCT format used in Sagedct dump or ffmpeg etc..
Sagedct 2.7.0.2 ffmpeg

Thanks for helping
Old 12-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Why don't you change the Start ports in SAGEDCT to start at a higher number.
Ok, continued oddness. This morning I shut down SageTV service and installed a bunch of Win8 Windows updates (a pretty big update Tuesday yesterday!).

Rebooted the machine and after it had time to get all settled I went to the extender in the living room and check. Yep, 1 of the Prime tuners wouldn't work. 0 and 2 worked fine, but tuner 1 would not tune. Great, here we go again.

So I went to the SageTV machine and shut down SageTV service. Went into SageDCT config and went to the test page. Yep, sure enough tuner 1 wouldn't tune/record using the start command.
Fired up the HDHR Prime utils and all 3 tuners were fine. (as usual)

Went back to SageDCT Config just for sh*ts and giggles. Now all 3 tuners were working just fine. <sigh and yay!>

Fired up SageTV Service, waited until it settled down and went out to the living room and checked on the extender and sure enough all the tuners were working. <cue Twilight Zone music>

WTF?!? AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

I'm glad it is working again, but it sure would be nice to find out what the heck is causing the issues when I reboot.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Ok, continued oddness. This morning I shut down SageTV service and installed a bunch of Win8 Windows updates (a pretty big update Tuesday yesterday!).

Rebooted the machine and after it had time to get all settled I went to the extender in the living room and check. Yep, 1 of the Prime tuners wouldn't work. 0 and 2 worked fine, but tuner 1 would not tune. Great, here we go again.

So I went to the SageTV machine and shut down SageTV service. Went into SageDCT config and went to the test page. Yep, sure enough tuner 1 wouldn't tune/record using the start command.

Went back to SageDCT Config just for sh*ts and giggles. Now all 3 tuners were working just fine. <sigh and yay!>

Fired up SageTV Service, waited until it settled down and went out to the living room and checked on the extender and sure enough all the tuners were working. <cue Twilight Zone music>

I'm glad it is working again, but it sure would be nice to find out what the heck is causing the issues when I reboot.
SAGEDCT with FFMPEG refuses to work on certain channels ... the recordings breakup. I record using WMC and NEXTPVR on the same channels and they work fine.. I guess it is getting to the point that SageTV and SAGEDCT cannot handle changes to the HD Homerun Streams. That damn old splitter in Sage is rearing its ugly head. KODI and ServerWMC are looking better and better.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
SAGEDCT with FFMPEG refuses to work on certain channels ... the recordings breakup. I record using WMC and NEXTPVR on the same channels and they work fine.. I guess it is getting to the point that SageTV and SAGEDCT cannot handle changes to the HD Homerun Streams. That damn old splitter in Sage is rearing its ugly head. KODI and ServerWMC are looking better and better.
Not the issue. I don't use FFMPEG, I never could get it working on my WHS machine so I still use dump.
Plus the same channel was being tried on all the tuners. Any of the tuners can drop out on a reboot, sometimes one, sometimes 2, but never all 3. Sometimes they "magically" reappear after checking them in the Prime config utilities and sometimes (ok most of the time) I have to assign new UDP ports to the tuners.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
SAGEDCT with FFMPEG refuses to work on certain channels.
You previously mentioned setting MCEBuddy to automatically remux recordings so Sage could play them. I'm trying to do the same but haven't found settings that make an unplayable recording, playable. What settings did you use?

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've given trying to get HDprime working with Sage. Never could successfully. My solution is to use my two ATSC tuners for OTA which basically are the same as what my cable provider supplies with my basic cable service, and use Windows Media Center with HDprime which works well. I wrote a script that runs via a scheduled task and converts the WTC files to dvr-ms that sage will play.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 View Post
You previously mentioned setting MCEBuddy to automatically remux recordings so Sage could play them. I'm trying to do the same but haven't found settings that make an unplayable recording, playable. What settings did you use?

Thanks!
First of you need the Donator Version of MCEBUDDY that has the latest ffmpeg then it is just a matter of setting up a profile... to remux.

Ps I no longer use SageTV on my live systems .. instead went to WMC and Kodi with the ServerWMC plugin as a front end. SageTV is too unreliable when it comes to the Prime. The only time I fire up Sage is on my test System.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-28-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
setting up a profile... to remux.
Will "remux" be an option in the donator version? If not, can you give details on configuring that profile for the prime's .ts files?

I'm going to try manually adding problem recordings to MCEBuddy's queue before abandoning Sage.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 View Post
Will "remux" be an option in the donator version? If not, can you give details on configuring that profile for the prime's .ts files?

I'm going to try manually adding problem recordings to MCEBuddy's queue before abandoning Sage.
Remux is already an option in MCEBUDDY it is under the Expert Settings just use the TS Unprocessed ... you can choose to delete the original or you can archive it to a folder you like just in Case something is wrong.

Do not put anything in the destination directory that way it will do an InPlace remux... and do not do any renaming.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-28-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Remux is already an option in MCEBUDDY it is under the Expert Settings just use the TS Unprocessed ... you can choose to delete the original or you can archive it to a folder you like just in Case something is wrong.

Do not put anything in the destination directory that way it will do an InPlace remux... and do not do any renaming.
MCEBuddy 2.4.1, TS Unprocessed, blank destination directory, no ad remover, no renaming, 7680 max width, all else default isn't making problem recordings playable. Could any other settings need to be set?
Old 01-05-2015, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
instead went to WMC and Kodi with the ServerWMC plugin as a front end.
and how do you like it? whats better/worse than sagetv? My prime is mostly reliable but still has the occasionally borked recordings (maybe once per week)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-05-2015, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
and how do you like it? whats better/worse than sagetv? My prime is mostly reliable but still has the occasionally borked recordings (maybe once per week)
For me it is not a matter whether it is better than SageTV it is a matter that SageTV is a dead application and no longer being developed ... where kodi is being developed. This way I have one GUI Interface for all clients ... and I was able to create clients out of a $30 dollar RPI. I have Kodi on my Nexus my Rasberry Pi and Windows machines.

There are other PVR backends I chose WMC because it is the easiest to setup and it just works. I did not invest a lot of money in HD300's etc.. so I have no reason to stay with SageTV.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using WMC with the Prime and also SageTV with two ATSC tuners for OTA. I created a batch script to use the WMC convert utility to convert the WTC files to dvr-ms format that Sage will play. I don't have any commercial skipping configured since comskip doesn't work on the dvr-ms format files.
This method is OK but it isn't integrated nicely with Sage and need to browse the directory to play the files..

What file format does Sage record to if it's configured to use the Prime via SageDCT? are the recorded files playable with Sage?

Old 01-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
What file format does Sage record to if it's configured to use the Prime via SageDCT? are the recorded files playable with Sage?
.ts or .mpg and yes
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Ditto on all points,

I have a bunch of Xboxe 360's consoles laying around. And two of my sagetv 100's been acting flunky the past month/weeks.............soooo what the hay. The kids are grown and gone an the wife lives/love althings Roku. Being retired for a full month now, it is the perfect time to play with WMC. I think

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 01-05-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post

OK, I have found something. When I reboot and lose one or more of the 3 tuners on the Prime if I stop and restart the SageDCT service all the tuners work again with no other changes. I don't even have to stop the SageTV service, just stopping and starting the SageDCT service fixes it.

Now on that system both SageTV service and SageDCT service are set to automatic. I wonder if switching SageDCT to delayed start or manual might fix my issue? Any thoughts, or experience with changing SageDCT's service settings?