SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Looks like it does. And it looks like Slysoft "took over" reclock. Why is it that they seem to be about the only ones making HTPC software that does what people actually want
Because they are on an island that doesn't care about copyright infringement...

James from slysoft took over ReClock development in 2007, and has made GREAT improvements in it's capabilities.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-16-2011, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Because they are on an island that doesn't care about copyright infringement...
I was thinking the more simple things, that aren't copyright related. Like reclock. I mean if a small developer can "fix" the issue of sending source channels over HDMI automatically, why can't companies with the resources of nVidia, AMD, Intel do it.

I know, I know, it's because we're the tiniest of tiny niches and nobody big cares about us.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I was thinking the more simple things, that aren't copyright related. Like reclock. I mean if a small developer can "fix" the issue of sending source channels over HDMI automatically, why can't companies with the resources of nVidia, AMD, Intel do it.

I know, I know, it's because we're the tiniest of tiny niches and nobody big cares about us.
yeah, the main stream who are nvidia, ati and intel's primary customers, don't even know that there IS jidder, or that the sound isn't coming out of the right speakers. SlySoft's primary customer base, however, is VERY different. Though even then, MOST the users on SlySoft's forum back in '07 had no idea (and many still don't) what ReClock was or why they should care.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Well this is just a stupid problem to have. I think the solution once I get an HDMI capable receiver would be to just use 5.1 speaker config and let the receiver handle everything else that way the channels aren't messed up. For now with my 7.1 setup being analog out I'm still tinkering to see if there is something I can do.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Well this is just a stupid problem to have. I think the solution once I get an HDMI capable receiver would be to just use 5.1 speaker config and let the receiver handle everything else that way the channels aren't messed up. For now with my 7.1 setup being analog out I'm still tinkering to see if there is something I can do.
like I said, the only real way to handle it at this point would be in ffdshow.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
like I said, the only real way to handle it at this point would be in ffdshow.
Yep. That's what I was doing, but I wanted to find a better solution. Going from 7.1 to 5.1 won't really affect anything, but I was hoping to find a way for it to work properly. I think the best solution will be to set the speaker output to 5.1 for everything and when I get an hdmi capable receiver just let it process everything when outputting pcm or bitstreaming.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Sage User

Stanger:

I took the plunge into HTPC after unloading my extenders.

I have a GTX 550ti with latest drivers and a custom resolution set for 23.976 (actually get closer to 23.9758)

The TV, nvidia driver, and renders (EVR Custom and MadVR) in MPC-HC are all set to 0-255, so when I play video ref black is properly 16 and white is 235, but I get 0-255 on the desktop. Once I got the settings on my actual TV right, this has been very consistent.

I go DVI to HDMI directly to the TV. I ditched my crappy yamaha RX-V665 (18 lbs) and redeployed my SB elite pro and Harman Kardon AVR 525 (40+ lbs), and I followed Renethx's guide over at avs to get decoding via TMT 3, sync with Reclock, and analog out through the higher quality DACS on the SB to the higher quality amp

So my graph for audio is: source file --> LAV splitter ---> audio TMT 3 -->Reclock WASAPI --> SB elite output to AVR

For video: source file (as above) --> LAV Splitter (as above)--> LAV CUDIA --> MadVR or EVR Custom --> DVI/HDMI to TV

With spline 4 taps for luma and SoftCubic for chroma in madVR, all I can say is: WOW! Nothing ever looked this good on my Samsung. Furthermore, the lossless audio sounds phenomenal via the TMT decoding/Reclock/SB/HK AVR (with better amps) setup. Even though 23.9758 isn't spot on, madVR reports a frame drop to occur every 4 hours to 2 days. There's only an initial 2-3 second lag with MPC-HC's built-in resolution switch and kick over to TMT/Reclock. I get a green clock after reclock syncs!

Now my problem is TV. I tried MediaPortal which has a great UI, but the TV server and EPG implementation is awfully flaky.

I still have a Sage server license and a couple of client licenses. I can use Fuzzy's External Player plugin for BD/DVD (wish it worked with Phoenix!), but I have some questions re TV playback in a sage client.

1. Does EVR in Sage use 16-235 or 0-255. With my current setup I'd need 0-255.

2. Can I replace the Sage Splitter with LAV Splitter so I can use LAV CUDIA plus TMT Decoder/Reclock to get stutter free playback of live and recorded TV in Sage with those decoders and filters?

My Ideal state would be to use Sage as my recording backend and UI frontend with seamless launching of MPC/MadVR for critical viewing.

Also, is there any way to get Fuzzy's plugin to launch external for MKV's? It takes ~60-120 seconds to reencode a DVD with full quality incuding desired audio and subs. This way, you get MPC-HC with MadVR and subs/chapters for DVD playback. As you may know, MPC-HC plus madVR doesn't handle VIDEO_TS structures for subs and chapters.

Thanks!