SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Sage User

Install Problem

Dan,
Thanks for the reply. I actually purchased the bundle from Sage on 20 June 2004 (Order no 4447), so this may still be a problem for others.

I have already downloaded the updated drivers posted by Jeffrey Kardatzke (Narflex) in this thread on 5 June.

After re-installing the card, and then clicking auto-run in the new download, and then selecting to install the decoders, the problem re-occurs.

The download makes no difference, at least to me. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, or missing a (removal?) step.

The others who have solved the problem seemed to have undertaken a specific cleaning operation before installing the new drivers/decoders. At the moment, my best guess is that this is the obstacle to overcoming the problem.

I have run hcw clear. I would rather not run any other removal/unregister programs unless I can be sure that they are safe and suited to the task.

Could you suggest the next step to complete the installation of the Sage bundle?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:56 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Please submit a support request at www.sage.tv/request.html so they can answer accordingly. They see everything come through the support channels and they can point you in the right direction.

The only other idea I have is to go into Add/Remove programs to make sure the decoder isn't appearing. If so, uninstall in, then try reinstalling.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the same problem. In order to fix another problem, Sage support told me to run hcwclear and then install the new drivers. When I did, I got the missing hcwUtl32.dll message. Now I'm stuck. Sent a message back to Sage support, no response.

Please, if anyone gets a response on this, please post here for the rest of us that are "dead in the water".. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Sage User

Prediction borne out?

Quote:
Originally posted by themeister
I'm having the same problem. In order to fix another problem, Sage support told me to run hcwclear and then install the new drivers. When I did, I got the missing hcwUtl32.dll message. Now I'm stuck. Sent a message back to Sage support, no response.

Please, if anyone gets a response on this, please post here for the rest of us that are "dead in the water".. Thanks.
I feel your pain! I have not received a response from support yet (but it is only 24 hours). I am tempted to take matters into my own hands, but I also don't want to make things worse.

Fingers crossed for a solution soon. WAF could depend on it.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

I do not know if this is why I did not have that problem or not, but here is what I did...

First I copied the entire original CD that Frey had sent me to a folder. Then I unzipped the updated setup files over it.

Then I burned it back to a CD so it would have all the setup files/drivers.

Actually, I added a few sub-folders with other things such as the ATI remote stuff and sendmessage stuff for the Hauppauge remote, etc.

Each time something new shows up here (or Frey e-mails me something) I do the process over from the last CD. That way I always have everything all in one place later if/when I ever need to redo things.

Things can get pretty complicated keeping up with all the changes, especially with the extras like the remote info, the customized STV's, the add-in for java weather, etc., but at least it keeps ending up all on one CD (for now away) along with a bunch of my own notes and info about what dates each item was posted.

Don't know if that will help you, but something to think about as you collect things.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Actually, when I got this problem, I reinstalled from the original CD. It failed with the same error (missing hcwUtl32.dll).

I believe (as do others in this thread), that this dll (and possibly others) need to be unregistered in order to proceed. I'm not excited about trying something like that without guidance. Especially when the only place to get support for the Roslyn card is here.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

I had the prob with the original CD (because it was not set up correctly on the CD to start with when Frey made it). After I downloaded the file Jeff posted and unzipped the files and burned them to a disk I didn't have any problem installing the decoder from that one.

Later, as I posted above, I then copied all the original CD to a folder and just unzipped the new stuff over the top of it and then burned that to a CD (just so everything was all on one CD and corrected).

Anyway, it works for me. No idea why it is not for you.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

Have you tried going into Device manager and uninstalling all of the Hauppauge stuff (I think there are like 4 or 5 seperate devices installed when you install the card). After uninstalling all of them, restart and when it prompts you for the drivers-point them to the current ones. I was having trouble with the same issue...I think i might have had to do it a few times too.
hope it helps,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 07-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

mls..

Thanks. That did it. Now, I can install the upgrade... Not sure if everything is fixed, but at least I'm back on the air...

BTW, 35 hours later, still no response from Sage Support. Is anybody home? I provide 30 minute response to my customers.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Frey Support Answers?

I received this reply from Frey Support a few minutes ago (just under the 72 hours from the request).

(Request to Support dated: July 20, 2004 1:33 PM)

"REQUEST DESCRIPTION: I cannot install the MPEG Software Decoders that came with the Sage Bundle I ordered from Sage on June 20. I have the problem that is discussed in detail on the Sage Forums at:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&threadid=5638

I outline the same experience as BXD Tech in that thread, i.e. "When (I) go to install the MPEG decoders, (I) get this error:

"Could not load the DLL Library C:\Windows\System32\hcwpnp32.dll. The
specified module could not be found."

My posts in that thread appear as 'Ozviewer'. I saw the new driver/decoders zip file posted by Narflex on 5 June. I downloaded that file 3 days ago, re-installed the card and the drivers, but when I got to the MPEG part, the same problem occurred.

The Decoders are not appearing in the Add/Remove programs Control Panel.

Could you please tell me how to complete the installation of the bundle I purchased from Sage?

Thanks,

(My name)

(Reply from Support dated Fri 23/07/2004 1:31 PM)

(My Name),

Very interesting. I've been trying to duplicate your issue in house and I
haven't been able to. Let me get this straight, by burning the contents to a
CD you were able to install the software? But if you ran from your hard
drive you would get that error?

This will help us make things better in the future.

Thanks,

George Oms
Frey Technologies, LLC
support@freytechnologies.com
http://www.sage.tv/"

Oh Dear.

This answer confused my request with the post of MLS. It provided no answer to my problem.

I have tried all the other suggestions in this thread without success, including unregister.bat and hcwclear.

The solution was posted by JUC just above this post.

You must go to Device Manager and uninstall all Hauppage Devices.

Then re-boot. Then when prompted for the driver (in XP) go to the new drivers folder and select the driver named: 88x_OEM_roslyn_2_99_22145_88x-98XP

After that, no problem, everything installs as it should!

I now finally have the bundle installed.

I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions, especially JUC.