SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage User

Cannot install software MPEG decoders for SageTV 2.0 with Roslyn

Hi all,

We are having a great deal of trouble installing the MPEG decoders for our new Blackbird bundle. The hardware installs properly (apparently, in the Device Manager everything looks ok...), and the SageTV 2.0 app installs without issue, BUT when we go to install the MPEG decoders, we get this error:

Could not load the DLL Library C:\Windows\System32\hcwpnp32.dll. The specified module could not be found.

We have searched the forum for any other users who share this error, but thus far haven't found anyone complaining of the same issue. We have also uninstalled and reinstalled everything several times, making sure to clean the registry each time. We have also gone to Hauppauge's site and grabbed the newest version of the hcwpnp32.dll file but that didn't work either.

Please, if you even have the slightest idea what could be causing this, please let us know.

System profile:
Intel P4 3.2GHz
Asus P4P800-E
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

need more info? PM us, we're standing by.

BXD Tech

Last edited by BXD_Tech; 05-30-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:35 PM

The file should on your CD try copy it to that folder, If not try this
ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/media_...4_non-whql.zip
Old 05-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the response, SHS....you're Kung Fu is very strong

The installation IS being tried from the CD we received from Dan K...it's the most recent rev of the 2.0 install Cd that comes with the Roslyn cards.

We'll try the file you suggested.

JD @ BXD
Old 05-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Sage User

Another thing, are all those files supposed to go into the System32 folder?
Old 05-30-2004, 06:15 PM

I think all need do is copy hcwpnp32.dll & hcwutl32.dll and yes the System32 folder.
I don't know what Fry's Roslyn CD look like so kind hard to say
is there exe on the disc?, something like 2_96_22090_88x-98XP.EXE along that line if so run it that install all miss file.

Last edited by SHS; 05-30-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:34 AM
Sage Icon

Hey, I am having the same problems...I still can't get it fixed yet and have only been able to use the Cyberlink decoders. I tried coppying the dll's into the system32 folder but then when I select the intervideo ones in Sage---I get an error saying MPEG encoder not working (or something like that). Do I need to register the files--I tried it with registering and not registering. I also downloaded the file from Hauppauge's website---same thing. At least I am not the only one out there too but what gives?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-31-2004, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

UPDATE:
I worked around this by downloading WinDVD--at least now I can select the intervideo decoder in Sage.
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 05-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Sage User

We are awaiting a solution directly from SageTV. We will post a solution once it becomes available.

JDH @ BXD
Old 06-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Sage User

Did you try any other DVD players ?
Old 06-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Sage Icon

Don't tell me that nobody else had trouble installing the MPEG decoders from the disk? So far I can get the WinDVD decoders (intervideo but I don't think they are the same as the ones on the disk), Cyberlink decoders and Sonic decoders to work. Just install their respective programs and they should show up in sage. However, I would like to get the default ones working to to see if it will fix another problem I am having with a stripe down the side of my recordings.
JUC

Old 06-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Sage

Here is a driver update for the Roslyn card as well as an updated MPEG2 Decoder which resolves this issue:

http://download.sage.tv/BlackbirdBun...ndDecoders.zip

Enjoy!
Old 06-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Sage User

We will try these out as soon as we can...unfortunately, the machine we were installing 2.0 on has been boxed-up and is ready for shipping. The good news if that we were able to use the Intervideo Decoders and all major functionality seemed ok...with the exception of the use of 3D Accelleration causing a very noticable degradation in picture quality (is that normal?). We were also trying like mad to use a dual-monitor setup (displaying TV on a televsion while the desktop was in use on the comp monitor) which led to allllllll sorts of problems. -I don't know if the new drivers or decoders address or fix any of the bugs we saw while using a dual setup, but it sure would be nice to see them ironed-out. -Seems like that is one of the first things people ask about our HTPC systems: "can you watch TV on one monitor while working on another?". (-Just MHO)

Thanks for the fixes, your Kung-Fu is indeed strong.

JD@BXD

P.S. If you want more detail on the issues we found while testing dual monitor setup, just have Dan email or call us.

Last edited by BXD_Tech; 06-05-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

The updated driver still fails to load for me.

Regards,

Beau

EDIT: I guess I should've said the updated decoder.

EDIT#2: After following the suggestions of the two posters below, I was able to install the "updated" drivers AND decoder. Now we'll see if that helps with my Sage quitting to desktop. Thanks, fellas.

Last edited by beautye350; 06-05-2004 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:42 PM

I had the same problem.

I dowloaded the new package.

Once I managed to delete the old Hauppage drivers (I had to uninstall the devices and then delete the oem##.inf files in c:\winnt\inf that referred to Hauppage), I re-installed the device, this time with the new drivers from the download.

Once that was done, I was able to install the codec from the new package.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:03 PM
SageTVaholic

use unregister.bat and hcw.clear.exe to uninstall everything unless there are remaining crap
then uninstall it
Old 06-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the link, got it working---much better than the cyberlink decoder I was using.
JUC

Old 07-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Sage User

Same problem, half-solved

I had exactly the same problem installing in WinXP today from a bundle I bought from Sage a few weeks ago (only just building my HTPC).

I guessed that hcwclear was a utility available from Hauppage. Ran that, then the card installation went through, no problem.

I then clicked on the autorun of the new bundle, tried to install the mpeg decoders and got the same message as I did to start.

So the problem remains.

I don't know what unregister.bat is and I don't know what to try next.

Can anyone help?

Last edited by Ozviewer; 07-18-2004 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:27 AM
Sage Icon

unregister.bat is a batch file written by SHS and included with some of the driver downloads available at http://www.shspvr.com/ .

Here is the contents of a unregister.bat that I got with 250/350 drivers.
regsvr32 /s -u hcwfread.ax
regsvr32 /s -u hcwfwrit.ax
regsvr32 /s -u hcwprxp2.ax
regsvr32 /s -u hcwsnap.ax
regsvr32 /s -u hcwsplit.ax
regsvr32 /s -u hcwpp2pp.ocx
regsvr32 /s -u hcwsched.ocx
regsvr32 /s -u hcwcconv.ax
regsvr32 /s -u hcwecp.ax
regsvr32 /s -u hcwnull.ax
regsvr32 /s -u nullnull.ax
regsvr32 /s -u mdcustompanels.ocx
regsvr32 /s -u c:\progra~1\wintv\scheduler\mdcustoms.ocx

I am not sure if SHS has a specific copy for the Roslyn card.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Sage User

Take a chance?

Thanks Carlgar,
I found the file hcw unregister, but I think I will wait and try to get confirmation that I should use this with the Roslyn installation.

At the moment, I am hoping that someone who has experienced this problem can tell me the best (and safest) way of solving it.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:31 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Ozviewer,

It sounded like you purchased your bundle a while ago possibly before the decoder install issue was resolved. If so, you can download the latest drivers and decoder files from here: http://download.sage.tv/BlackbirdBun...ndDecoders.zip