SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage Icon

I wasn't previously succesful at getting S3 to work, but admittedly only tried a handful of times and gave up pretty easily.

Can you put a PC into S3 using a remote control and SageTV?

For wakeup, do you need to press a button on the actual unit? (which is fine, just checking). How long from button push->ready?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I use a USB-UIRT, which will wake the computer on up to 4 configured IR codes. For sleeping, I let windows power management take care of it (20 minute timer set in sage). I also have it transmit IR codes to turn off the TV and AVR when sage goes to sleep.

So, Sage sleeps at 15 minutes idle (screensaver settings in sage, which also turns off the TV/AVR with my monitor power plugin), then sage lets windows sleep at 20 minutes idle (sagetv power management settings). I'm never using a mouse or keyboard, so the only HID activity windows ever sees is the wake commands from the USB-UIRT, so windows will sleep pretty much as soon as sage lets it.

As for wake time, It is able to wake the computer and be at the sage home screen quicker than my LED DLP turns on and syncs to the signal.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post
You are just the person I was hoping for! someone that has an HD-100 and got an e350. How does the navigation speed compare, Hoping the e350 is faster then the HD-100. Thanks! ( i see you say it is so smooth compared to the extender... Anything else?)
You will notice a huge difference between the hd-100 and the e350. I always got comments from guest using my tv with the hd-100 about why its so slow. I could live with the slowness as it never really bothered me. But wow is the e350 snappy. It goes throgh my videos displaying cover art swiftly. I love scrolling pages at a time and wondering how its caching these pages the way the hd-100 never could. During HD videos playback I see the cpu hovering around 35-45% usuage. My only peave is all the junk software HP feels i need to have and i am still trying to figure out what i can uninstall.

Clients: HP dm1(E350), HD-100
Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Sage User

Was wondering if anyone had any more updates/experiances with the AMD E350 series of mini's. If so which ones are you using and how plug and play were they?

Thanks