SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
I haven't visited here in a while and just began trying the new Windows Media Center 8 since SageTV is no longer undergoing development. However, some shows are still there for us to watch and I don't want to completely get rid of it just yet.

I've heard that with the 6.5 key, you need an upgraded exe file to get past the trial but all I see are very old files. Is it recommended that I replace my current SageTV exe files with ones that are years old?

Please advise.
You download the full 7.1.9 version of the software, and install it overtop your v6 install. Then replace the.exe files with those in the first post of this thread.

I would like to point out, that there is still just as much development going on here as there is on MC... Ms has pretty much abandoned that product, and only released it as an option for win8 after much outrage.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 11-13-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Sage Expert

And with the current set of plugins available for Sage, it's easily a few years ahead of where MS left WMC.

To keep everything unified, everyone should run Gemstone.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Sage User

Clarification

I purchased SageTV (V6 branch) in 2008 and I'm currently running 6.6.2 on Windows Vista. I've been running it with few problems for over 4 years. I also use a Hauppauge MediaMVP (for which I have an extender license key) on one TV and purchased a SageTV HD Theater 300 for another TV in October 2010. All components have been running fine.

I thought there was no new development and that I could no longer upgrade my SageTV since Google purchased it last year. However, this thread appears to indicate I can upgrade to 7.1.9 by installing that version and then replacing the applicable executables with those in the first post of this thread.

Am I understanding this correctly? And if I upgrade, can I still expect my MediaMVP and SageTV HD Theater 300 to work with SageTV 7.1.9?

I'm debating between upgrading and just taking the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, you can upgrade to 7.1.9 using the modified exes. Whether you want to or not... well, that's up to you. I'd recommend it, but if you've been happy for 4 years then why rock the boat? Is there something specific you've read about in Sage 7 that interests you? If not, then there's probably no reason to upgrade.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Is there something specific you've read about in Sage 7 that interests you? If not, then there's probably no reason to upgrade.
Not really... I don't think I ever had a chance to explore the V7 features when the SageTV site was still up and running. I was mainly surprised to learn the upgrade was even possible at this point.

I did download everything I should need, so I'll keep mulling it over.

Thanks for the helpful reply and Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Best thing is that you can always do a full backup copy of the sagetv folder, install v7 and give it a whirl, and if you don't like it, just copy back your old install. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I don't think there is a single part of sagetv that isn't improved with v7. The plugin system itself was the single biggest improvement to the core product since sage's inception, and it is that key reason why sagetv is still improving daily, even without involvement from the new owners.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Best thing is that you can always do a full backup copy of the sagetv folder, install v7 and give it a whirl, and if you don't like it, just copy back your old install. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I don't think there is a single part of sagetv that isn't improved with v7. The plugin system itself was the single biggest improvement to the core product since sage's inception, and it is that key reason why sagetv is still improving daily, even without involvement from the new owners.
Thanks very much for the advice, Fuzzy. I'll probably give that a try when I have some free time.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Sage User

These fixed .exe files save the day for me. Failed system HD in my Homeserver. Rebuilt machine and had a copy of all my old keys but no 7 upgrade key so.... swap the executables and I'm back in business!

Gold Star Day!! Thanks Narflex!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Sage User

Ubuntu and Server 7.1.9 Key?

So I am migrating all my servers to Ubuntu from windows. My key works in windows but in the Ubuntu install I get "Please enter your activation key." when I put in my key... Is the Linux key different?
Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the keys are interchangeable. In this instance, I think you would need to purchase Linux licenses to replace the Windows ones.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-12-2013, 08:40 PM

What if I have a key for v2

When I originally purchased SageTV it was version 2. I later upgrade to V5. I do no have any records of purchasing an upgrade license for V5 so do not recall if I ever had to. It was too long ago for me to remember. Anyway, I am now replacing my workstation and no longer have the source for V5. I tried installing V7 using the keys I had for V2. I replaced the files and tried entering the key I had and it is still telling me that I had a pre v7 upgrade key. Am I out of luck at this point since V7 keys cannot be purchased? Does google have a replacement product?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

You need to contact support, and they should be able to resupply you with your v5 upgrade key.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:27 PM

I had to rebuild pc have valid 5 key, installed 7, replaced exe' still got 21 trial message, changed clock ahead a month to see if it would still work, now I'm locked out after configuring it correctly. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

I built new computer from scratch, downloaded ver 7 installed, used my 5 key said I needed to upgrade, read forum found exe' copied them, but still got 21 day trial message. I changed date on computer one month to see if it would still work now I'm locked out and when I change the date back it says I can't run it, so I'm down now. Is there a reason my 5 key wouldnt work. It registered successfully. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

run the sagetv executable with the /REGISTER parameter. It should erase all licensing information and allow you to re-enter it again. Next time, replace the exe before the first run, and it should accept the v5 key outright.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:55 PM

Trouble

Thanks Fuzzy, tried but kept getting error "Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code 2668,5629,5601)." So unistalled app, went through regedit deleted all mention of Sage, rebooted, re-installed 7, immediately changed exe' for unlocked programs. Executed Sage for first time got time clock error again. Changed clock ahead 30 days, got the registration message, put in my sagetv licenses, said registering ok, but still error for needing upgrade key. I reset time back and still getting error on time. Do I need to reformat computer and start from scratch? Thanks
Old 06-03-2015, 09:51 AM

sagetv prodical son having problems re-installing sageTV

I found your thread about the EXE's that can be copied into sage but you posted a a zip file and for some reason I can't download them. It downloads attachment files and I can't seam to find a utility to pull out the zip files.

The second problem I have is that my v7 key is accepted but still tells me it will expire, and puts out another message I have to respond to before it will run. Why doesn't my v7 key work any more?

I sent Andrew Van Til an email about my other problem, I will attach his response so you can be aware of it.

Hi Arthur,

You only need the most recent versions if you're having trouble with the TS files containing "ghost" streams in the TS PAT.

I a bit unclear on what the problem with SageDCT is, so perhaps if you could send a screenshot I can assist? In general, you want to make sure that the tuners work in the SageDCT config app's test section. From there you can generate the text entries for the SageTV properties file (I'm assuming that you've already done some of this). The tuners won't work for scanning, so you'll pretty much just have to test it from the live EPG.

Cheers

On 3 June 2015 at 16:29, <mitchear@gmail.com> wrote:

I decided to stop using WMC v7 and install sagetv again. However I have a number of problems, about 4.I think only one of them is one you can address?I have 1 Haupauge tuner cards with 1 analog QAM capable and 1 digital tuner QAM capable. The I have a dual digital HDHomeRun USB box. The to finish off the list of tuners I have a 4 tuner pcie ceton cablelard tuner.I have tried a number of sagedct services, but I can't get to download the 272, or 273 versions, and I have no clue if the would fix the problem. I have made sure that all the port needed are in my MS Firewall. After some time I finally got the ceton tuners to be recognized. I then had all 7 tuners recognized by sagetv and none of them will allow me to create a program directory. he error I get on all of the tuners is as follows:The error is:There was an error connecting to the sagetv server. Please be sure your internet connection is established and that you have entered the correct Zip/Postal Code.I will send the other problems to sage support.Thank you, If you can solve this problem or maybe have solved it already.Arthur L. Mitchell, a 73 year old retired computer man with 45 years of experience.----------------------------------This email was sent by (mitchear@gmail.com) from a form at:http://babgvant.com/blogs/andyvt/default.aspxYour email address was not shared with the user.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:28 AM
Sage User

Zip Files don't contain application files

So, doing my fresh install.

I downloaded and ran the SageTV V1 1 9Setup.exe Check!

I went to get the replacement .exe files from the first page of the thread, downloaded SageTV.zip and SageTVService.zip.

I extracted the files from both but they contain the same file "attachment.php", not the Application files.

I think something isn't right.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMission View Post
So, doing my fresh install.

I downloaded and ran the SageTV V1 1 9Setup.exe Check!

I went to get the replacement .exe files from the first page of the thread, downloaded SageTV.zip and SageTVService.zip.

I extracted the files from both but they contain the same file "attachment.php", not the Application files.

I think something isn't right.
As for the downloading issue, it sounds like you might not have been logged-in to the forums. That aside, however, yuo'd probably be better served installing sagetv v9 instead, from the SageTV Open Source forum.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Sage User

Oh no...

Thanks Fuzzy for responding,

I downloaded the Sage V9 Installer for Windows on my server.

I ran it, it finished. The one thing I though different was that it didn't allow me to pick the destination. Anyhow, it automatically picked the C:Programs file, which is ok.

I also downloaded the exe files and dropped them into the new SageTV folder

Then it asked me to re-boot, so I said yes.

When the server restarted it is a black screan with "Missing Operating System"

I am a bit sick to my stumach. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: After throwing up thinking I lost 11 years of server movies and shows I went back to my server.......I had left a thumb drive plugged in. I'm an idiot, but I am back up and running.

Last edited by HDMission; 05-23-2016 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Found the Problem
Old 05-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMission View Post
DIT: After throwing up thinking I lost 11 years of server movies and shows I went back to my server.......I had left a thumb drive plugged in. I'm an idiot, but I am back up and running.
You just need to run the v9 installer, that's the latest EXE files at least. And if 11 years of movies is important to you, you know what you need to do!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients