SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
You can't. it's not stored in a recoverable form. The way to recover it is to contact SageTV Support, and they can re-send it to you.
Just tested on my wife's computer and if done in the way I suggested, then SageTV is free. Afterall, there is no way to buy it today.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
Just tested on my wife's computer and if done in the way I suggested, then SageTV is free. Afterall, there is no way to buy it today.
Check back with us in 22 days...
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 11-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Check back with us in 22 days...
Keith, Thank you. I was able to go back through some old emails and found the keys for v5 and upgrade to v6 (orders@sagetv.com). I'd now like to ensure that I have properly upgraded to v7. If there is something I need to buy then that would be fine. Can you advise me on what to do now so that I don't have trouble in 22 days? Assistance is greatly appreciated.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 11-27-2011, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

No, if you have the v5 key, then there is nothing you have to buy to use sage v7. You simply install v7, replace the .exe's, and then enter your v5 key when asked. That's it. You shouldn't have to enter the v6 upgrade key, as the modified exe will accept the v5 fully.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-19-2011, 01:28 PM

Question New User

SageTV Experts -

I am late to the party - just purchased a used SageTV 300 box on eBay.. what software version would you recommend that I install?

Thanks!
Mark
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeygolfer View Post
SageTV Experts -

I am late to the party - just purchased a used SageTV 300 box on eBay.. what software version would you recommend that I install?

Thanks!
Mark
If you have a version 5, 6, or 7 license key, then you should install version 7.1.9 of the SageTV software (assuming you are running Windows). For version 5 or 6 keys, you will need to install Jeff's special executables, which loosen the licensing requirements for version 7. If you do not have a license key, then you will be limited to standalone mode on the HD300.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The way to recover it is to contact SageTV Support, and they can re-send it to you.
I have to reinstall and need my original license number. I've tried to contact sagetv-dev@google.com but google returned the e-mail as undeliverable.

Suggestions for how to proceed?

-Mike
Old 03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahr View Post
I have to reinstall and need my original license number. I've tried to contact sagetv-dev@google.com but google returned the e-mail as undeliverable.

Suggestions for how to proceed?

-Mike
Go here: http://sage.tv/request.html
Old 05-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Entering v6 key succeeds but still warns of trial

I followed the directions and replaced the two files as instructed in the first post. However I still get prompted during SageTV v7 start-up that I am using a pre-SageTV v7 key and that I have xx days to purchase a new license.

I originally purchased SageTV v4 and then later an upgrade to v6. I am entering the v6 upgrade key. Is this a problem? I did start fresh and installed SageTV v7. It does say my license key is valid after I enter it.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Where all sage services stopped when you copied the files?
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 05-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Sage User

Problem solved

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the service was stopped before copying over the files. I managed to resolve the matter by entering in my original SageTV key and then when prompted for an upgrade key to enter in my v6 key. Thanks to George Oms from Sage-TV support for helping me with this.

- Derek
Old 08-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Sage User

I just upgraded my HTPC with an SSD drive and was going to re-install version 6. Can I just do a fresh install of v7 with my old license and be on my way?

Thanks.
2.5" SAMSUNG Spinpoint 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, SAMSUNG Spinpoint, Plextor PX-B310SA SW Blu Ray Drive, CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 (PC2 6400), 2 Avermedia AVerTVHD Duet, Logitech diNovo Edge Bluetooth, Netgear WG111 v.2, Terrestrial Digital DB2 Multi-Directional HDTV Antenna
Old 08-22-2012, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I just upgraded my HTPC with an SSD drive and was going to re-install version 6. Can I just do a fresh install of v7 with my old license and be on my way?

Thanks.
You can but you have to replace the sage executables.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...103#post505103

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-22-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Sage User

Got it done. Thanks.
2.5" SAMSUNG Spinpoint 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, SAMSUNG Spinpoint, Plextor PX-B310SA SW Blu Ray Drive, CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 (PC2 6400), 2 Avermedia AVerTVHD Duet, Logitech diNovo Edge Bluetooth, Netgear WG111 v.2, Terrestrial Digital DB2 Multi-Directional HDTV Antenna
Old 09-02-2012, 02:22 PM

Help with V7 upgrade

I followed the links to the V7.0 downloads but I don't want to mess up my current setup. Do I need to run the full upgrade and then replace the .exe files or can I replace the .exe files only in my 5.0 version. I am running sage-tv version 5.0 and it has started to act up on me. What do I need to do to upgrade to the 7.0 version and when I upgrade will the software keep all it's present setting or will I need to setup the tuners again? Can someone help. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage has always upgraded cleanly for me. I'd back-up your sagetv folder, and then do the upgrade (you might want to download v6, install that, then install v7, then replace the .exe's).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am going to attempt an update to 7.1.9 (from 6.6) this weekend. I have read through this entire thread and it appears like it should be pretty easy - backup, install right over top, replace exe files.

My question has to do with the channel lineups - since I am OTA, I started with the most accurate channel lineup and then had to add/remove many channels to make it correct. Will modified channel lineups make it through the update process? Or will I have to re-do the modifications.

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

The edited channel lineups will be preserved.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just a FYI, I updated from 6.6 to 7.1.9 this past weekend with no issues. The entire process took around 20min. Everything just worked as before.

BTW, I like the new UI - even the family thought it was much improved.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac.to View Post
Just a FYI, I updated from 6.6 to 7.1.9 this past weekend with no issues. The entire process took around 20min. Everything just worked as before.

BTW, I like the new UI - even the family thought it was much improved.
I haven't visited here in a while and just began trying the new Windows Media Center 8 since SageTV is no longer undergoing development. However, some shows are still there for us to watch and I don't want to completely get rid of it just yet.

I've heard that with the 6.5 key, you need an upgraded exe file to get past the trial but all I see are very old files. Is it recommended that I replace my current SageTV exe files with ones that are years old?

Please advise.
-- Snoopy