SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

HD300 Import Tax and Charges.

Hi,

I’m about to order 3 HD300’s and wanting to know if anybody has ordered 3 in one go before? And if so what was the import tax and charges?

When I have ordered a HD300 in the past I had to pay import tax and charges. Just wanted to know how much I would have to pay for 3. If I remember by the time I paid delivery charges and Import Tax it came to the same price as the HD300.

Dean
Old 06-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

It will be slightly cheaper to import three at once as while you will still have to pay the same 20% VAT on the total price including delivery you will only get charged the one flat rate handling fee by the carrier (Royal Mail or whoever).
Old 06-22-2011, 04:02 AM
Sage Expert

purchased an HD300 and wireless adapter about a month ago.

I stupidly didn't think about the VAT addition, so the total ended up being bloody expensive with shipping. It also took about two weeks to clear customs making it about a three week delivery period.

Have to say though that I love it - especially with Phoenix! I just hope that the Google takeover goes the right way!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger View Post
purchased an HD300 and wireless adapter about a month ago.

I stupidly didn't think about the VAT addition, so the total ended up being bloody expensive with shipping. It also took about two weeks to clear customs making it about a three week delivery period.

Have to say though that I love it - especially with Phoenix! I just hope that the Google takeover goes the right way!
if you feel it was too expensive.. I'm sure you could unload it now on eBay for a REAL premium and get MORE than your money's worth/

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Really gutted/glad I did not place my order.

Glad

Because I found someone in the USA who was going to order me 3 and ship them across to the UK. (Would have saved about £80 £90). Only problem was the order was not going to be placed till Saturday and the store shut on the Sunday. So not sure if I would have getting my money back or any HD300s.

Probably a good job my bank blocked my PayPal request

Gutted

Because I’m not sure I will be able to order any more. I only needed 2 but thought I would order 3 because of the savings I was going to make. Could have sold one on eBay and made my money back.

My concern now is if they do come back online for sale would I still buy 1 (never mind 3). Or would I wait till Google decide the what the plans are for SageTV as we know it.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Looks like another one of my posts was removed.

Seem to making a habit of this.

Looks like admin dont have a sence of humour.