SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNBiLL View Post
Hey Tom,

Didn't forget about you... this work day has been busy to say the least but I will hopefully find time here this evening to update these types of entries on the Testing and Debugging Playlist later. Keep you posted, thanks!

iRoNBiLL
No worries. I have enough other things to work on.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage User

Okay... getting you examples has been the biggest pain so far for these particular item types. I will try to get you examples of rss:type's but this may take a little while. Here is the run down for these types that may help until I get you a few links.

Anything with rss:xxx is simply an RSS feed with a single media type embedded in each feed. For example, Flickr has RSS feeds with only images implanted in the feed so their type would be rss:image

Flickr also has RSS feeds that link to other html pages on Flickr and those would use type=rss:html, because the when you click on the photos, they open to a browser window from Flickr's site and not just the image file itself.

If you found a podcast feed which just links directly to video files located on a server (direct linkage, not dynamically) then the type is rss:video... you probably don't find these too often.

rss:rss is used when you are linking to an rss feed which has other rss podcast links embedded in it. People on the internet like to create rss feed directories where all links in the feed link to additional rss feeds for aggregating other content live so to speak.

html_youtube and playlist_youtube are essentially the same thing. This is used for our YouTube processor to identify YouTube files specifically. We used to have an internal processor but have since put this on a server as well, so we use html_youtube for this. I don't even think playlist_youtube will still work but it's been a while.

Navi-X as a "type" doesn't exist, so anyone using this manually created a playlist and did not know what they are doing is all.

xml_shoutcast and xml_applemovie are custom parameters for shoutcast and apple movie trailers. These used to be internal in Navi-X as well, but now they use custom scrapers maintained directly by Rodejo and no one else. Reach out to him for details perhaps.

OPML is technically still supported and is alot like RSS... the catch is the option is not available at Navi-Xtreme, so you would have to create a manual playlist and add a media entry to the list and make it type=opml no biggie!

rss_item is news to me, but list_note is for putting descriptions directly into playlists... literally, that's it. Only some people use this convention... the rest don't.

I will try to add the links for rss:xxx items later as soon as I can. Anymore questions? Let me know broski. Ciao.

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage User

I updated the "Debugging and Testing Playlist" with links to RSS:video, audio, image and with "html_YouTube" and "opml" links as well. The rest of the stuff you don't need to worry about so much since our processors for YouTube, Apple Movie Trailers and Shoutcast is all online now. Let me know if you need more assistance. Can't wait to see this reach a conclusion!

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I updated the "Debugging and Testing Playlist" with links to RSS:video, audio, image and with "html_YouTube" and "opml" links as well. The rest of the stuff you don't need to worry about so much since our processors for YouTube, Apple Movie Trailers and Shoutcast is all online now. Let me know if you need more assistance. Can't wait to see this reach a conclusion!

iRoNBiLL
Thanks for the help. I just hooked up my Boxee Box and fired up Navi-X on it. Very nice!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Glad to see you received your boxee box. I am sure you will be happy. the interface can be a bit clunky but that is where Navi-X comes in.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage User

Hey fellas, check it out! Sptuck over at playonscripts.com is working on a port for Navi-X as well for Playon Media Server and he gave us a few screenshots today to chew on! Good stuff! Can't wait to see a few screenshots from you hopefully Tom. Just thought I would share a little development news is all...

http://t.co/5reFHOP

Have a good one peeps!

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Sage User

Hey Tom,

Whenever you think you have a stable version of the app ready, let me know and when it's ready for distro, we can include you in the main repo for Navi-X as well. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hey Tom,

Whenever you think you have a stable version of the app ready, let me know and when it's ready for distro, we can include you in the main repo for Navi-X as well. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL
Will do. I've taken a break on this for the moment.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am thinking Tom's focus is towards getting SageTv to work on the Boxee box. If this happens then there would be no need to complete the Navi-X integration since Navi-X is already supported under the Boxee Box.

This will be a great addition to SageTV since there are no more extenders to be had.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
I am thinking Tom's focus is towards getting SageTv to work on the Boxee box. If this happens then there would be no need to complete the Navi-X integration since Navi-X is already supported under the Boxee Box.

This will be a great addition to SageTV since there are no more extenders to be had.
I will respond to this consideration with a quote from the Bible...

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:24

In other words, you would be performing miracles to put SageTV on the Boxee Box... and you would be the first to hack the Boxee Box.

iRoNBiLL
Old 07-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

We're actually not hacking the Boxee Box to run SageTV, we're developing a Boxee app that mimics the SageTV UI and provides most of (if not all) the functionality of an extender.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post
We're actually not hacking the Boxee Box to run SageTV, we're developing a Boxee app that mimics the SageTV UI and provides most of (if not all) the functionality of an extender.
Ahhhhh!! Sounds lovely. Too bad the Boxee Media Manager wasn't out yet with the Boxee iPad app... you could probably do something through there which might make it easier. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

iRoNBiLL
Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Sage User

Hey Tom,

Just checking to see if you have made any progress so far with either extending to Boxee/SageTV or the app work. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL
Old 08-02-2011, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hey Tom,

Just checking to see if you have made any progress so far with either extending to Boxee/SageTV or the app work. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL
I'm focusing on the SageTV for Boxee app right now.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ahhhhh!! Sounds lovely. Too bad the Boxee Media Manager wasn't out yet with the Boxee iPad app... you could probably do something through there which might make it easier. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

iRoNBiLL
There's no advantage to using the BMM in this context. Boxee Box and Boxee software can already play SageTV recordings (without transcoding) via browsing one's local network.

Having a SageTV app running on the Boxee Box is way better. Way way better
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2

Last edited by darcilicious; 08-03-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Sage User

Well hell... if you can make it work, I'm gonna have to check this puppy out. Get it done Tom!

iRoNBiLL

P.S. Nice cat there Darcilicious.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Sage User

So... I'm guessing since you took what you started to work on as Navi-X and are now turning it into a SageTV app for Boxee, that Navi-X for SageTV is going on the very back burner... is that a fair assessment Tom?

Let me know if you are planning on continuing development of a Navi-X app for SageTV, please Tom. Thanks.

http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=40029&page=4

iRoNBiLL
Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So... I'm guessing since you took what you started to work on as Navi-X and are now turning it into a SageTV app for Boxee, that Navi-X for SageTV is going on the very back burner... is that a fair assessment Tom?

Let me know if you are planning on continuing development of a Navi-X app for SageTV, please Tom. Thanks.

http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=40029&page=4

iRoNBiLL
Navi-X on SageTV and SageTV on Boxee are two separate projects and not related to ech other (other than I need to spend time on each). I made good progress on Navi-X for Sage but decided to take a break. I ran into some issues that need time to sort out (mostly having to do with video formats that Sage has difficulty playing streamed). I hope to get back to Navi-X in the future.

I think (maybe wrongly) that at this time there is more demand in the Sage community for extenders then there is for Navi-X.

It's ironic, but my interest in Boxee was spurred by my involvement with writing Navi-X for SageTV. Once I started using Boxee I realized how good it was, and how good Navi-X works on it by the way. (I think Navi-X is one of the most popular Boxee apps, true?)

And taking it one step further back, my interest in getting Navi-X working on Sage was spurred by my wife's complaining that her soaps were getting prempted by the Casey Anthony trial and asking me to fix it so that "I can watch my soaps on the TV instead of the computer." (And in my house TV==Sage.)

Old 08-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Sage User

For sure brother. I was just wondering if you would have to switch priorities between one and the other. Do what you feel is best... I'm sure you'll find the time to do both. I supposed I'm just wondering if you have an ETA on a beta release for testing or is the current work you have on that already there. Thanks again for everything! I look forward to both apps when they are finished!

iRoNBiLL
Old 08-04-2011, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Boxee is pretty cool. I'm going to give navi-x a try to see what it's all about. I just wish the video quality of netflix wasn't so bad. I found a way to launch wmc directly to netflix so I'll be giving that a try as well.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.