SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNBiLL
"Navi-X is a multi-platform addon for XBMC and Boxee, popular and free media center applications available on Windows, Mac, Linux, Apple TV and the original Xbox (modified)."
We are also on iOS jailbroken... Apple TV 1 & 2, iPhone 4 and iPad, as well as Nintendo WiiMC (modified)... and perhaps Android/GoogleTV soon! Navi-X is written in Python currently.

iRoNBiLL
Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage User

Ha... while we are on the subject... looks like we just made it on to the PS3 and perhaps the Xbox 360 via PS3 Media Server.... what a great day this is!

iRoNBiLL
Old 06-16-2011, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I tried to find some time for this during the week, but i'm swamped with work then on vacation for a month, so count me out.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I tried to find some time for this during the week, but i'm swamped with work then on vacation for a month, so count me out.
It's all good penguin, tmiranda is taking a look into this now. Maybe you could give him some help along the way if he has difficulties though... it would be much appreciated of any feedback you can provide. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL
Old 06-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage User

Navi-X content now on PS3 and DLNA TV's via PS3 Media Server + Channel Plugin!!

Hey Folks,

I just made a formal announcement that Navi-X content is now available via PS3 Media Server + Channel Plugin through PS3 and DLNA compatible streaming TV's!! Check out the details if you are interested! Great day!

http://forums.boxee.tv/showpost.php?...postcount=1288

iRoNBiLL
Old 06-17-2011, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Out of curiosity... does the Naxi-X work on linux? If the structure for this is pretty easy to consume, then I'll look at creating a Phoenix VFS module for this.
I see no reason why it wouldn't. The hard part (scraping screens and translating dynamic video links) is all done by code that sits on their servers. The rest is just a matter of downloading some plain text files and interpreting the contents.

I've started to work on some Java classes that will allow the STV to traverse the content tree and access the various pieces of metadata available. I'm really not familiar with your VFS work so let me know if you think the VFS is a better route so we don't end up duplicating effort.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I see no reason why it wouldn't. The hard part (scraping screens and translating dynamic video links) is all done by code that sits on their servers. The rest is just a matter of downloading some plain text files and interpreting the contents.

I've started to work on some Java classes that will allow the STV to traverse the content tree and access the various pieces of metadata available. I'm really not familiar with your VFS work so let me know if you think the VFS is a better route so we don't end up duplicating effort.
Tom, if you build an API for this... I may just use that in the vfs. As it stands... I have no time to dedicate to this right now... so it would seem that you are leading this
Old 06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Tom, if you build an API for this... I may just use that in the vfs. As it stands... I have no time to dedicate to this right now... so it would seem that you are leading this

Fair enough.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

At this point are we just trying to get the content into sage, or are we talking a whole ui for navi-x?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post

What is VFS? Virtual File System? I'm curious what it does.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
At this point are we just trying to get the content into sage, or are we talking a whole ui for navi-x?
I told tmiranda it's cool if we can just get the content into SageTV and then later we can consider a gui construct perhaps based off of the original design. I'm cool with whatever obviously! Thanks for taking the effort everyone to contribute whatever you can!

iRoNBiLL
Old 06-17-2011, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysathre View Post
What is VFS? Virtual File System? I'm curious what it does.
Ask stuckless.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ask stuckless.
VFS (Virtual File System) is a media abstraction layer that is core to Phoenix. It allows the Phoenix UI to deal with media from different sources in a consistent way. ie, when/if we supported Navi-X, we'd build a VFS module for it, so that it would be viewed using the same UI as other media. (hope that explains it enough for now)
Old 06-18-2011, 04:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Both. Once I write the Java that is needed to make the content usable by Sage the only way to display it will be to either adapt an existing menu or add a new one. (This is why phoenix has a VFS.) I'll probably make a simple UI (modeled after the Navi-X simulator) as a first step.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

look forward to testing this new Plugin. I think this will be something my family will use quite a bit.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Looks like there may be a chance that this project will become dead before it can get started after hearing about the Google Acquisition.

I guess we will all have to wait a few days to see what is going to happen.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm still working on a proof of concept and making good progress. I plan to keep plugging along since I suspect nothing concrete will be coming from Sage or Google for months.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's great to hear. It's nice to see that some development will continue.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not buying into the Doom and Gloom party. I expect things to get better, not worse.

I attached a few image for your viewing pleasure. Still a long way to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg navix0.JPG (51.6 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg navix1.jpg (90.1 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg navix3.JPG (93.2 KB, 312 views)

Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Heh, thats cool and such a quick turn around