SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Sage User

Sage tuner issue with RCA DTV box

I have recently purchased a Hauppauge PVR-350 card and I downloaded the 15 day demo of Sage TV. I am having one problem that will make or break my decision to purchase SageTV.

I am using a custom cable that connects my PC to the RCA receiver via an RJ6 connector. (for channel tuning)

When I have the my Direct TV box routed through the coax connection via channel 3 I have no problems controlling the software and setting up scheduled recordings or changing channels but the picture is a fuzzy and there is some shadowing going on.

On the other hand when I hook it up through the S-Video plug the picture is fantastic but the tuner will not work. In other words there is no way that I can schedule recordings or control what channel I am on through SageTV.

Is there a work around for this or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!
John
Old 05-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Sage Icon

which RCA? I use 2 DRD435RH's via a COM->RJ11(?) cable I got from snapstream - works with no problem. I also use s-video.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Sage User

I have the exact same model RCA and I am using a cable that I made following the instructions on Snapstreams web site. I know the tuner cable works because it functions with the RF(coax) connection.

The connector is an RJ 6 (narrower than an RJ11). An RJ 11 is the same as what you would plug into a wall for your phone. The RJ 6 is the narrow plug that connects your handset to the phone (non-wireless phones).

Did you have to do anything special in the config to make it work? Are you using a Hauppauge card?
Old 05-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Sage User

Hey IVB, Thanks for your first reply! I have another question. How do you use the serial port tuner connection with two recievers?

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Sage User

Well, I finally got it working by doing several things and I can't say for sure that all applied to this problem or only one.

I downloaded the latest drivers and hardware .inf files for the PVR-350 (eight versions newer BTW) and installed them and then went into Sage and removed the PVR-350 as the source and selected "Add a new source". Ofter going through the initial setup the tuner seems to be working with S-video in/out.

Now onto my next problem. I have not been able to get the Hauppauge remote to work with Sage yet. From what I read on their web page it should work but I have been unable to succeed so far. Does anyone have any input on that?

Thanks!!!!
John

Last edited by JJC; 05-26-2004 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by JJC
Now onto my next problem. I have not been able to get the Hauppauge remote to work with Sage yet. From what I read on their web page it should work but I have been unable to succeed so far. Does anyone have any input on that?
See this FAQ entry, and/or the links in my sig lines, below.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Sage User

Hey OPUS4,

Thanks for that info! I haven't tried it yet but I am confident that it will fix my problem since I didn't even have Hauppauge's IR program installed when I installed SageTV.

Now, I have one final (I probably shouldn't say that... Issue...

My Sage menu looks great on the PC monitor but on the TV it spills over the viewable area. I am not sure if I am not seeing the entire video feed but it is very obvious that my menu is not fitting the viewable area. Is there a fix for that?

Thanks again everybody!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Sage Icon

See the Help Setting up SageTV 2.0 with PVR-350 . You probably need to adjust the overscan.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:02 AM
SageTVaholic

adjust the aspect ratio for the picture and overscan for the UI