SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Full Quicktime filetype support...

As far as I know, the only way to get minimal filters installed for full Quicktime file playback is to install:

1. QuickTime DirectShow Source Filter
2. QT Lite

This works perfectly in all my directshow players... tested in Graphedit, Zoom Player, and WMP 11. I didnt even have to reboot.

However, in sageTV, the MOV files I've tried playing back dont playback. Giving the error:

There was a Playback Error in playback. Details:

sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040200): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback.

I've set sageTV to use directshow for all file type playbak except online stuff. I also disabled sageTV demux.

The only thing I haven't tried is reboot, but I've already restarted all sageTV related processes. How can I get sageTV to act like the rest of the directshow players?

Is there something further I need to do in the sageTV properties file?

Thanks,
MKANET

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Did you ever get this resolved? Still playing around a bit with client and I think Quicktime is the last thing I have to figure out.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I recently found a solution for this; well, at least for all my old .3GP and .MOV files.

I used a command-line solution that losslessly converted the media files from .3gp/.mov to a more popular .mp4 container.

This is how I did it:
1. Install the GPAC framework. This doesnt take up any extra system resources; other than some disk space. It only takes up a little RAM when running the script.

Then, create a Windows Batch file with the below contents (change the path to MP4Box.exe if you installed in a different location). Also, change the file extension to MOV, if you want to convert only .MOV files.

Below, is a working Windows batch file that will automatically convert all 3gp files to mp4 (if you execute the batch file within the folder with 3gp files. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUP.

If your Quicktime files have different extensions other than MOV or 3gp, I think all you have to do is change the .3gp extension to the extension you want in the script below:

Convert3GP.cmd
Code:
for %%a in ("*.3gp") do "C:\Program Files (x86)\GPAC\MP4Box.exe" -add "%%a#1:fps=29.97" -add "%%a#2" -new "%%a.mp4"

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-11-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I found another work around, if I change to use the sagetv player I can play back my quicktime files but some of my movies don't playback. Is there a way to tell sage to use the sage player only for quicktime extensions?

Thanks for your solution, if there's no other way then I will revert o converting files.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure how to do the way you asked. Hopefully, someone else knows.

One more thing... with my solution, the converted files will have a much beter chance playing back in other software/devices as well. BTW: This conversion solution is very fast, I was able to convert my entire collection of 3gp/mov files faster than it took me to reply to these posts. Quality is exactly the same originals.

***RIP SageTV***