SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

.mp3

Some of my videos are missing audio in sagetv. Usually, mp3 128kbps, but not consistently, some play and some don't. Even some I know I compressed on the same day with the exact same settings.

They all play under VLC. Every single one. No problems.

Also, some of the imported videos don't play at all, and show....

There was a playback error in playback (sic). Details:
sage.PlaybackException: ERROR(-3,0x8004022f): There was a problem accessing the system for playback.

All of the imported videos are in the same directory on the same drive and they all work in vlc, so whay is there 'a problem accessing the filesystem for playback or no sound in so many of them using SageTV.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

Are you using Extender or HTPC.

Have you gone into the detailed setup and changed the Audio\Video setup at all or are you using the defaults?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Are you using Extender or HTPC.

Have you gone into the detailed setup and changed the Audio\Video setup at all or are you using the defaults?
HTPC. Tried all the settings as well as the default. If I allow sagetv to re-compress the file, then it works as sage transcodes the audio to mp2, but of course I don't want to do all the files.

If I try playing a file that's 192kbps mp3 it works, as does all my music as far as I know, and it's mostly 128kbps mp3.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

I would try downloading ffdshow. Then go into the detail settings and select ffdshow as the MPEG2 audio decoder.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

What would that do? The movies are xvid, the audio is .mp3...mpeg2 works fine. And I already have ffmpeg installed and working.

All of these files play fine in windows media player and vlc. So it's not codecs. Something with sage. Also, the files play fine on the sage server, so it's got to be something with the installation on the client. Although it's been re-installed a number of times, it's still using the same wiz.bin and sage.properties files....so maybe the problem lies there.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Sage Icon

ffdshow is different than ffmpeg.

VLC does not use the Windows codecs that is why it is good to test with against Sage. Media Player may use the same codecs but there are other factors in creating the graph.

I would install:
Haali splitter:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Haali_Media_Splitter

FFDshow:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffdshow

Select FFdshow for "Mpeg2 Audio Decoder Filter" and "HD Audio Decoder Filter"
Try it you have nothing to loose.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Worked

That seems to have mostly worked. Still had to transcode a few that either wouldn't play or were jumpy though. Too bad I couldn't just tell sagetv to use an external player such as vlc to play the videos though, that would make things a little more standard...is this possible?

Thanks!