SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I guess my brain is slow today but wht do you mean by "For this you'd "map" 1.51 to Source and 2.0 to ZoomC"
comskip generates information about the aspect ratio. Each user can choose what Sage AR Mode to use for each comskip-detected aspect ratio. I call this "mapping".

This allows you to customize how the video looks on the screen. For example, if you are viewing on a HD TV and the video is 4x3 SD, comskip will detect the aspect ratio to be about 1.5. You may like to view this using a Sage AR mode that linearly stretches the video horizontally to fill the entire screen while another user might like to use a different Sage AR mode.

When the plugin is installed it makes no assumptions about your preference. You must bring up the dialog, look to see what aspect ratio modes comskip has found, and then decide what Sage AR mode to use for each of these aspect ratios.

It harder to describe than it is to do. The whole process will take you less than a minute once you understand the concept.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks I got it working had to play around with the sage Ar's.... Is there a way to add my own AR besides the deualts in sage?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks I got it working had to play around with the sage Ar's.... Is there a way to add my own AR besides the deualts in sage?
Yes. You'll have to search the forums on how to do that, I'm too lazy to do it for you right now. I plan on working on the wiki over the next few days and I'll put instructions there on how to do it.

Once you define the custom aspect ratios the plugin will see them and offer them as choices.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom,

I assigned Aspect Ratio to certain channels... but I do not need them anymore since I started generating Aspect files... Is there a way to clear these I tried every way I could?

BTW Thanks it's working great.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom,

I assigned Aspect Ratio to certain channels... but I do not need them anymore since I started generating Aspect files... Is there a way to clear these I tried every way I could?

BTW Thanks it's working great.
Glad to hear it's working. I am just starting to add the option to clear the fixed aspect ratio for channels. For now you must stop sage and edit the .properties file. Find the line starting with:

aar/fixed_channels

and either delete the whole line or remove the channel from the list. The list items are delimited by ";" so if your list looks like this:

aar/fixed_channels=;70HITS-Source;;8TRACKS-4x3;;CMTV-4x3;;NGC-Fill;

and you want to remove CMTV, it would look like this:

aar/fixed_channels=;70HITS-Source;;8TRACKS-4x3;NGC-Fill;

Tom

Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom,

One more thing don't want to be a nag.... My default for shows is set to source... but it appears that shows that do not have any aspect are defaulting to the last used AR.

For example I watch a show woth aspect it sets to 16x9

I then watch a show with no aspect... I would expect to default to source instad it defaults to 16x9.

Thanks figure I would let you know before you publish future releases.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom,

One more thing don't want to be a nag.... My default for shows is set to source... but it appears that shows that do not have any aspect are defaulting to the last used AR.
Don't worry, you're not a nag. I appreciate the testing and feedback.

I'll look into this tonight.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Don't worry, you're not a nag. I appreciate the testing and feedback.

I'll look into this tonight.
I found the problem and I'll post a new build in the next day or two. I added a few other things and I want to test it a little more.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.03

This should fix the bug reported and it also adds a few new things. I'm going to test more this weekend and if I do not find any issues this will go out as version 1.0.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (765 Bytes, 116 views)

Old 05-21-2011, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I found a small bug in the previous version. For shows with no aspect information the timeline will always display a time of 0. I've already fixed that but won't post an update until a do more testing.

I also have a first draft of the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/tmiranda/wi...veAspectRatios

Old 05-21-2011, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.0 Released.

I've released version 1.0. Please post comments and support requests here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55730

Old 05-21-2011, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom it appears that instead of just loading the UI you restart the whole server.

I have SAGETV as a service and use the UI to view... Installed the update it said restart needed and I said yes and it restarted the server.... I think that simply a UI reload would fix this.. or am I wrong?
Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugins do not directly control if a restart or needed is not. The core figures that out depending on what's loaded as a result of installing the plugin. The development manifest I was posting did not include a needed dependency (sagex API's) so I'm assuming that when sagex was loaded (or probably updated if you have other plugins that use sagex) it forced the server to restart.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

OK ... I just never noticed this before because I had previously Installed it on a client... This was the first time upgrading my server/ui.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Sage User

This sounds like it could be very useful if you can specify the output device attached to the AR.
For example, my main TV is connect directly to the SageTV server and the AR is almost always correct. Except for those SD channels that output a mini HD format that needs to be streched on both the X & Y with the same ratio.
The bedroom TV is a old SD TV connected to an HD200 and I almost always have to hit the AR key twice for all programming fo rfill the screen and have the correct AR.
The Family room TV is an LCD 1080 with an HD300 and behaves almost as good as the directly connected TV.
The Kids room TV is an LCD 1080 with an HD200 and always needs the AR key pressed once to have the correct AR.

So basically every location MAY need a different setting for the Active-AR setting.
Can ActiveAspectRatios achieve this?

Thanks,

David.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know if this would be possible, but would there be any way to use make this plugin auto-switch to 23.9***fps for blu-ray playback?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
This sounds like it could be very useful if you can specify the output device attached to the AR.
For example, my main TV is connect directly to the SageTV server and the AR is almost always correct. Except for those SD channels that output a mini HD format that needs to be streched on both the X & Y with the same ratio.
The bedroom TV is a old SD TV connected to an HD200 and I almost always have to hit the AR key twice for all programming fo rfill the screen and have the correct AR.
The Family room TV is an LCD 1080 with an HD300 and behaves almost as good as the directly connected TV.
The Kids room TV is an LCD 1080 with an HD200 and always needs the AR key pressed once to have the correct AR.

So basically every location MAY need a different setting for the Active-AR setting.
Can ActiveAspectRatios achieve this?

Thanks,

David.
Yes. The mapping of aspect ratio to AR mode is on a client-by-client basis.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I don't know if this would be possible, but would there be any way to use make this plugin auto-switch to 23.9***fps for blu-ray playback?
Doubtful.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Doubtful.
Oh well. I wonder if there is a way to make this happen on clients?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Oh well. I wonder if there is a way to make this happen on clients?

I really don't understand the issue because I never play BluRays. Can you point me at a thread where this issue is discussed so I can get a little smarter on the subject?