SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Sage User

UPnP Renderer / "Play To" functionality

I searched the forums, but couldn't find a straight answer to this:

Is the HD300 able to be used as a UPnP Renderer? (This feature enables the "Play To" functionality in Windows 7, and would allow iOS/Android devices to be used as remote controls for sending UPnP Server files to the playback device. My research indicates that the WD TV Live Plus - which uses the same chipset - does supports this functionality.)

NOTE: I'm aware that the HD300 can function as a UPnP Player by going through the menus on the device itself, and I know there are other ways of pushing content from a SageTV server to the extenders, but I'm specifically wondering if the UPnP Renderer functionality is available.

Can anyone provide any insight on this?
Old 05-08-2011, 02:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Nope, I don't believe the HD300 is an UPnP renderer, though it would be a nice feature.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)