SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

newbie issues: Video/music directories

Hey, I'm using the Sage2 trial and I have some questions/problems

1) How do I set which directory my music files are located? There's not option for it in the detailed setup menu.

2) Sage was freezing up on me a lot when I first installed itit and was watching TV (video&sound would continue, but I'd have to ctrl-alt-del to get out). I think I've figured out that this only happens when I modify the video directory through the detailed setup menu and change to a new directory. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks,

my setup:
WindowsXP w/ Sp1, DX9b, Java 1.4.2
Athlon 2500+
512 Mb ram
KM266 mobo
80gb hd
Ati ehome wonder
Old 05-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Re: newbie issues: Video/music directories

Quote:
Originally posted by flashbacck
How do I set which directory my music files are located? There's not option for it in the detailed setup menu.
There should be a configuration guide PDF that was installed with SageTV v2... look at "Library Import Directories" under the General section of Detailed Setup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

For some reason everytime I add any directories to the Imported Library or Video directories, sage will freeze when I try to enter any of the media modules.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Do you have a lot of files in those directories? i.e.: is SageTV really freezing, or is it taking a long time to import everything?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, so I think I figured it out... It was my video directory that was causing the problem. I had mpgs in there that had been recorded with GotTVPVR and I guess Sage don't like that

Anyway, I have to admit I am impressed with the trial (A resize option that lets you adjust for overscan! Why doesn't everyone do that?!). Am I impressed enough to cough up $80? I dunno, I guess I'll have to decide by tonight, because that's when my trial runs out :P