SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Sage User

2 HTPCs w/ tuners sharring content?

Ive been doing searches to find the question to my answer but here it goes-

I have a HTPC with 2 tuners up and running in the bedroom. I am building another for the living room and am planning on 1 tuner (2in the future). I would do all 3 in a single server and run the client alone but I have DTV in both rooms and rewire is too costly.

1. Can both sage boxes share content between the two? recorded shows, music etc.

2. Will sage resolve conflicts using all 3 tuners across the network?

3. (off topic) how can i get DIVX to play? codecs are installed is there configuration setting somewhere?

Thank you,
Boris
Old 05-25-2004, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

you will need to buy sagerecorder as well
frey put up a sale saying that if you buy a roslyn pvr 250 that recorder is included
so you need sageTV fro the bedroom computer and Client and recorder for the living room one
setup a network encoder an it will resolve conflicts on its own

the only thing is all the music/pictures/ imported videos will have to be on the server unless they are in a shared folder

I have asked that Frey make local media an option before for the Client but no reply
hopefully with Studio this will be possible

not sure about number 3
Old 05-25-2004, 05:07 PM

Quote:
3. (off topic) how can i get DIVX to play? codecs are installed is there configuration setting somewhere?
Make sure that the file's locations are inluded in your SageTV video import directories. Setup>Detailed Setup>General>Library Import Directories and select "modify" to add the location of your files. You can have more than one import directory, but be aware importing a large number of files can take some time.

Also make sure you use a file extension that is allowed to be imported by Sage. I use .avi for my Divx/Xvid files. You can add valid file extensions to import by changing this setting in the sage.properties file:

seeker/library_import_filename_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg,.mp2,.mpeg2,.mpe,.jpg,.gif,.jpeg,.jpe,.mp3,.wav,.avi,.divx,.mpg1,.png,.ogm

Your line will look different as I've added to mine. All ext must start with a "." and befollowed by a "," if you are adding another after. As always make sure SageTv is closed when editting the properties file, sleep does not count. This FAQ post has info on more properties file settings and where you can find it, if you need to.