SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Does consistency between Movie and TV views include having a "Wall View" for TV? I would love to be able to have this to help my kids to find their shows - my eldest daughter is disabled and can't talk very well so she is more likely to point to things. The Banner view goes partly in this direction but displaying three rows of Banners, or Posters like on the MovieWall view would be ideal.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Picture viewer enhancements

Picture enhancement suggestions (sorry if they may have been requested before):

1. Zoom/Unzoom (lossless preferably) by using pageup/pagedown or channel up channel down in picture mode. [edit: moving left/right/up/down on a zoomed picture would be amazing!)

2. Add password protection for picture folders.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post

1. Zoom/Unzoom (lossless preferably) by using pageup/pagedown or channel up channel down in picture mode. [edit: moving left/right/up/down on a zoomed picture would be amazing!)

I like those suggestions, additionally I would personally find it useful to display some photo metadata when the screensaver is active, such as the date the photo was taken etc. (just displaying the folder path would be useful for me due to how I have my photos organised).

We quite often have the photo screensaver going and wonder when and where something was taken, I can bring up the info dialog but then that pauses the screensaver...
Old 05-17-2011, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagal View Post
I like those suggestions, additionally I would personally find it useful to display some photo metadata when the screensaver is active, such as the date the photo was taken etc. (just displaying the folder path would be useful for me due to how I have my photos organised).

We quite often have the photo screensaver going and wonder when and where something was taken, I can bring up the info dialog but then that pauses the screensaver...
Good suggestions but FYI right now we don't modify the pictures or music section from the default and I don't see us doing that anytime soon. Our focus is vidoes and tv mostly.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Good suggestions but FYI right now we don't modify the pictures or music section from the default and I don't see us doing that anytime soon. Our focus is vidoes and tv mostly.
Fair enough, never hurts to ask though, especially with you guys spoiling us with those tv and video mods already
Old 05-17-2011, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, honestly, thats why I hesitated before posting. There is only so much you guys can focus on. Maybe once you guys get TV/Video to the point where you guys feel its very polished with only minor enhancements, diamond can move onto Pictures/Music. Everyone has been waiting for phoenix/BMT music fanart support; which would really help the Music area (and also music videos). Keep up the great work! You guys seem to have gotton diamond so good that I've ran out of things to suggest (and you know how picky/critical I am!!).

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-17-2011, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

The reason threads like this exist is because the devs want opinions on what to do next. I started a similar one for my music ui mod for the simple fact that I have no clue what everyone would want from such a mod. I know what I want, but if I'm going to put this much time and effort into something I might as well have many people benefit from it as possible.

Oh, and BTW Ortus supports music fanart.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Oh, and BTW Ortus supports music fanart.
I get a kick out of post like this about ortus and phoenix and people suggesting using them when they aren't released yet. They will both be great alternatives I am sure of it but funny people recommend it or say things about it when it isn't released.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

That may be true for Ortus but Phoenix has been in beta for a little while now - it may be private but it is out there.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
That may be true for Ortus but Phoenix has been in beta for a little while now - it may be private but it is out there.
Private being the key word and I know it is out there but as I said above RELEASED
Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Not only they aren't released; but I personally prefer the idea of having a stock SageTV STV foundation; benefiting from new sageTV 7 STV features as they are released; instead of hoping for a proprietary equivalent. Also, proprietary plugins need to be developed for the respective proprietary STV; unless somehow, the STV is can accommodate standard SageTV 7 plugins. (I'm presuming Ortus is an STV replacement like sageMC). Also, I'm not a big fan of running external databases/apps unless I REALLY can't do without them (for use in plugins for sageTV). I would rather wait for the most popular/widely used fanart system; and respective management (BMT/phoenix) to provide music support; mainly because it works so well for TV/Movies already.

Quote:
I get a kick out of post like this about ortus and phoenix and people suggesting using them when they aren't released yet. They will both be great alternatives I am sure of it but funny people recommend it or say things about it when it isn't released.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-17-2011, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not only they aren't released; but I personally prefer the idea of having a stock SageTV STV foundation; benefiting from new sageTV 7 STV features as they are released; instead of hoping for a proprietary equivalent. Also, proprietary plugins need to be developed for the respective proprietary STV; unless somehow, the STV is can accommodate standard SageTV 7 plugins. (I'm presuming Ortus is an STV replacement like sageMC). Also, I'm not a big fan of running external databases/apps unless I REALLY can't do without them (for use in plugins for sageTV). I would rather wait for the most popular/widely used fanart system; and respective management (BMT/phoenix) to provide music support; mainly because it works so well for TV/Movies already.
Agreed STV's can create segregation but also give the developers like Phoenix more control over things it is a catch 22.

Ortus is a stvi I believe for what it is worth.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not only they aren't released; but I personally prefer the idea of having a stock SageTV STV foundation; benefiting from new sageTV 7 STV features as they are released; instead of hoping for a proprietary equivalent.
Agreed, although with Sage6 (and earlier I assume SageMC was the UI that I used and it seemed to get most of the enhancements first and seemed to be the default.

I do worry about the splintering of the development which leads to sub-optimal results for the end user. If Ortus has a wonderful music UI but doesn't have all of the features of the stock UI, Diamond or Phoenix then you have to make trade-offs.

I am no Linux expert but it seems like the divide betwen Gnome and KDE which caused me problems when I tried to use Linux.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
True enough. It was more to let people know that it does support music fanart.

Quote:
Agreed STV's can create segregation but also give the developers like Phoenix more control over things it is a catch 22.

Ortus is a stvi I believe for what it is worth.
Also true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I do worry about the splintering of the development which leads to sub-optimal results for the end user. If Ortus has a wonderful music UI but doesn't have all of the features of the stock UI, Diamond or Phoenix then you have to make trade-offs.
I think that phoenix will show the music fanart, but won't get it automatically, but ortus (as of right now) doesn't have a replacement ui for music. If phoenix doesn't have one I think I might be the only person working on one.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC used to show music fanart and I am pretty sure that there is a file here in the downloads section that contains a lot of music fanart - not just album covers but also pictures of artists, bands, etc.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

What about a homescreen widget for recently added media. It would look just like recent recordings but would display Movies/Media.

Wrems just wrote some code for BMT:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55589
Old 05-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Sage User

Filtering of folders within TV views...

...is the only function I'd suggest is missing, well, at least to satisfy the often unpredicatable nature of my TV library.

Are there any plans to introduce this?

Cheers
Network: GB Ethernet / DLink DNS-323
Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My movies! I know you have said it's on hold but don't know if that has changed?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Sage User

Combined Folder Structure

I don't know if this is currently possible, but I have been wishing to see the Combined Folders View viewable in Diamond Video section. I am currently using the default SageTV v7 Folder view.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldl72 View Post
I don't know if this is currently possible, but I have been wishing to see the Combined Folders View viewable in Diamond Video section. I am currently using the default SageTV v7 Folder view.
Most are using the folder filters in diamond to setup views for their folders. That is how I do it