SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyway to I.D. Bluray or DVD from move menu?

Just curious if there would be a way to identify Bluray or DVD's in the movie section. Perhaps an icon or small logo/graphic when browsing? Wasn't sure if there might be some interest in adding that in.

Doesn't SMM do this? Isn't a Bluray cover used for Bluray titles? I am not sure how Plucky implemented that though. I guess something in MM told SMM that it was bluray. There is no such "area" to tell Diamond this so I have probably already answered my own question as if this could happen.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Easy enough to do with core API put in a request for it please. Of course it will only work if they are native DVD or bluray rips.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Easy enough to do with core API put in a request for it please. Of course it will only work if they are native DVD or bluray rips.
Cool, I'll put it in. Yeah, you know since I transcode my DVD/Blurays with Handbrake into .mkv's this won't actually help me. But it is still a cool feature though people can take advantage of.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Sage Expert

Actually I am wondering. Do Blu-rays have an ID in the files such as DVDs do? My understanding is that DVDs have an ID file in them to identify the disc.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

When I view the detailed movie info for Bluray movies, it shows a "HD" icon on the screen that I don't see with my DVDs. I also get a screenshot on the video detail screen that I don't get with DVDs.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatter View Post
When I view the detailed movie info for Bluray movies, it shows a "HD" icon on the screen that I don't see with my DVDs. I also get a screenshot on the video detail screen that I don't get with DVDs.
I don't think you will get an "HD" icon for DVD's because they aren't "HD"

Not sure about the screenshot issue.

J
Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
Actually I am wondering. Do Blu-rays have an ID in the files such as DVDs do? My understanding is that DVDs have an ID file in them to identify the disc.
Is Sage using this? I thought that Sage just used a file or folder name to ID the movie. If it was a folder structure with VIDEO_TS then you would know it is a DVD and can display a DVD icon. This would also be useful for me as I have some instances where I have both DVD rips and MKVs of the same movie. I didn't necessarily notice this when I browsed via folders but now that I use a Movie Wall view in Diamond I see two entries for the same movie.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry I wasnt clear in my post earlier. I was trying to show a way you could tell bluray vs dvd by the HD icon. I didn't mean for it to come across like I thought it was a bug in the software.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
There's a product ID as part of the media (physical disc) that can be read, but there's no "ID file" on either DVD or BD.