SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

phoenix.fanart.GetDefaultEpisode() returning wrong image?

Hey Sean,

Can you check out this thread, I started noticing this myself recently.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...d=1#post489398

It looks like when we call GetDefaultEpisode() on a show and we don't have an episode image for that specific episode it will return another image.

-Scott

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-25-2011, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok. I'll take a look when I'm home later. Maybe I'm doing something weird in the code.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I also spent like an hour digging though Phoenix source code looking for where you the code is for locating the episode image is and failed miserably. Can you point it out to me

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-25-2011, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I also spent like an hour digging though Phoenix source code looking for where you the code is for locating the episode image is and failed miserably. Can you point it out to me
The entry point for all Fanart is the FanartAPI class. And since the FanartAPI Subsystem is pluggable, it ends up delegating all Fanart requests to the PhoenixFanartSupport class. Pretty much everthing ends up going throug a single method, GetFanartForTitle.

I did a quick look at the GetEpisode and GetDefaultEpisode methods, and tracing them back. Nothing stood out as being odd.

In the cases where you seeing the wrong episode, can you discern a pattern? Can you tell which show it's taking it from... ie, from the same series, different series, different season?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, i've got a few shows I can reproduce it on pretty easily. Looks like when it happens I get an warning...

Code:
2011-03-25 17:42:38,229 [AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN  sagex.phoenix.fanart.FanartUtil - Can't determine the Episode Fanart
java.lang.Exception: Missing Season/Episode information
Even though the show definetly has season/episode info available. In this case i'd expect it to return null, but for some reason its passing back what seems to be the lowest numbered image in the folder.

Check out this screen shot of whats going on...

Top Right is Sage
Top Left is what Diamond's getting by calling GetDefaultEpisode(MediaObject)
Bottom Right is Phoenix Log
Bottom Left is whats available in my fanart folder

Can't see any patern to it. There are other shows that don't have episode images available and Phoenix properly returns null on GetDefaultEpisode(MediaObject).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DuplicateEpisodeImage.jpg (361.7 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 03-25-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Yeah, i've got a few shows I can reproduce it on pretty easily. Looks like when it happens I get an warning...

Code:
2011-03-25 17:42:38,229 [AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN  sagex.phoenix.fanart.FanartUtil - Can't determine the Episode Fanart
java.lang.Exception: Missing Season/Episode information
Even though the show definetly has season/episode info available. In this case i'd expect it to return null, but for some reason its passing back what seems to be the lowest numbered image in the folder.

Check out this screen shot of whats going on...

Top Right is Sage
Top Left is what Diamond's getting by calling GetDefaultEpisode(MediaObject)
Bottom Right is Phoenix Log
Bottom Left is whats available in my fanart folder

Can't see any patern to it. There are other shows that don't have episode images available and Phoenix properly returns null on GetDefaultEpisode(MediaObject).
Using the stack trace that you provided, I did see something odd. It appears that for some reason, it no longer thinks it's a TV file, and as such it cannot get the season specific metadata. Not sure why that would be case, so I'm going to add in some extra debugging. Unfortunately, I can't give you a test jar this weekend because I'm the process of refactoring some other stuff. But, since you can reproduce it, I'll probably add some debug code, and then when I deploy the next phoenx jar, I'll grab your log files and see what's going on.

In the meantime, GetDefaultEpisode, returns the sagetv default episode image IF it cannot find the specific image. You can simply call the GetEpisode api if you don't want this functionality, and it will return null if it can't find the image. This doesn't fix your problem as to why I can't determine the season/episode information, but it will probably fix the problem of you seeing the "Default" episode image when there isn't a specific one.