SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

BMT Media Type by Path ?

Was wondering if its possible to configure paths and specify which are movies and which are TV. Right now im having issues that some media is detected as Movie when its actually a TV Episode.

In my case I have paths like

\\nas\share\Series\24\Season 1\24 - S01E01.mkv

\\nas\share\Movies\Movie Name\Movie name.mkv

Ive searched on the BMT web interface but I couldnt find anything for that, and on the forum i just found info bout using mediatitles.xml but all the examples requires to specify the regex and TVDB ID.

Any other way I should try?

Thanks,

Jabroni

Old 03-14-2011, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

If you are using BMT in the webUI you will find a dropdown that can be changed from TV to Movie. There is also an option to import as a TV Recording. Either one may help.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Was wondering if its possible to configure paths and specify which are movies and which are TV. Right now im having issues that some media is detected as Movie when its actually a TV Episode.

In my case I have paths like

\\nas\share\Series\24\Season 1\24 - S01E01.mkv

\\nas\share\Movies\Movie Name\Movie name.mkv

Ive searched on the BMT web interface but I couldnt find anything for that, and on the forum i just found info bout using mediatitles.xml but all the examples requires to specify the regex and TVDB ID.

Any other way I should try?

Thanks,

Jabroni
Actually, the MediaTitles.xml can do what you need as well. But before we go there, what files are you having issues with?

Basically the scrapers will detect TV shows and something isn't a tv show, then it will assume it's a movie. So, there'd be reason to force a directory to movies, since that's the default anyways.

The other thing is that even if you forced a directory to be TV, if bmt can't parse out the TV information from the filename, then it's not going work as well. That's why most MediaTitles.xml entries are basically say, "when you see this patten, assume this id".
Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well I dont know why most of my TV shows are being marked as Movies, what I was doing is changing the movie to TV in the webui, then the update metadata, click on the default search, it fills the show name, season episode and finds it.

I dont mind giving BMT a little help by actually giving the path for the TV shows so any media it detects there marks it as TV (so it would just have to parse for Season/Episode/Serie name)

Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well I dont know why most of my TV shows are being marked as Movies, what I was doing is changing the movie to TV in the webui, then the update metadata, click on the default search, it fills the show name, season episode and finds it.

I dont mind giving BMT a little help by actually giving the path for the TV shows so any media it detects there marks it as TV (so it would just have to parse for Season/Episode/Serie name)
It would seem to me that either...
a. You didn't scan your existing collection of TV shows, and as such, they appear as the "default" settings in the bmt metadata editor. (You did perform a scan on your shows??)
b. You had existing .properties for these files, and as such, bmt will not re-scan a file that has its own .properties.
c. Your Files are not named in a way that BMT can recogniize (ie, it doesn't include S##E## in the filename), and as such, bmt doesn't scan the files, and it remains with the default mediatype, which is "Movie".
Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok i just deleted all the .properties files from my series folder. Then refreshed media from within BMT.

Heres an example of one file which wasnt recognized:

24 S07E05 720p BluRay DTS x264-MyRip

However if I click on find metadata, change the type to TV, click on the Default search, it does find the correct value and finds it correctly. So thats why I asked for a way to "force" a path to a media type.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Sage Icon

What is the full path of that 24 file?

If \\nas\share\Series\24\Season 1\24 S07E05 720p BluRay DTS x264-MyRip

How about MediaTitles.xml of:

Code:
<titles>
    <match>
        <regex>[\\/]Series[\\/]24[\\/]</regex>
        <title>24</title>
        <metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">76290</metadata>
    </match>
 </titles>
I'm no expert by far, just learning it as I go myself. But I think the above should work for you. So anything that contains \Series\24\ in the patch will be given the tvdb id for 24 and be type TV
Old 03-14-2011, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok i just deleted all the .properties files from my series folder. Then refreshed media from within BMT.

Heres an example of one file which wasnt recognized:

24 S07E05 720p BluRay DTS x264-MyRip

However if I click on find metadata, change the type to TV, click on the Default search, it does find the correct value and finds it correctly. So thats why I asked for a way to "force" a path to a media type.
As the the user guide... BMT only scans for new files when they are added to the sagetv library. The "refresh" option in the browser simply tells sagetv to check for new files, and if there are files, then it will tell bmt to scan them.

If the files already existing in your sagetv library, and then you install bmt, then bmt will NOT scan those files automatically. You will need to use the Missing Metadata view and kick off a scan to tell bmt to scan them.

I'd suggest reading (if you haven't done so) the first couple of chapters of the user guide, since I think it's covered there, in terms of when bmt will fire off scans automatically vs manually.

Probably one of the most common misconceptions that people have is that they think that when they install BMT it will scan their collection automatically, which is not the case. You will have to manually force a scan of existing files (which is NOT the Refresh button).
Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK got it working now... I just needed some slaps so I could understand the docs

I actually created a new scrapper too cuz some of my media was

Show - S00 E00 which wasnt parsed correctly, (I just had 2 shows like that since they were encoded by a friend).

My suggestions for this this great project thou still continues:

1. A way to explicit say TV for anything found on that folder, so in case that in doesnt parse correctly it would save a few clicks of changing from the default Movies to TV, then changing the source.

2. A way to just make it parse X, Y folders, since I have some homemade videos (no not that kind of videos that you see posted on the net ) , music videos, documentals, etc which wouldnt ever find metadata

3. A way to create like a IGNORE category, so in case I dont want to specify a metadata for it I would just drop it there so I can continue focusing on having 0 items on the missing metadata sections.

Thanks in everyone involved on this project

Old 03-14-2011, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
1. A way to explicit say TV for anything found on that folder, so in case that in doesnt parse correctly it would save a few clicks of changing from the default Movies to TV, then changing the source.
I've never given much thought to this, since I have so few files that fail to have metadata. Typically I just spend the time to name my files in a way that I know they will be scraped automatically before I add them to the collection. ie, Renaming a TV file to include the season and episode is probably faster than adding the file, and then doing into the web ui and doing a manual search

Quote:
2. A way to just make it parse X, Y folders, since I have some homemade videos (no not that kind of videos that you see posted on the net ) , music videos, documentals, etc which wouldnt ever find metadata
I'm not quite sure what you mean by parse x, y folders. But if you want to simply ignore them, then you can exclude them using the global exclude regex filter to add them to the Home Videos section.

Quote:
3. A way to create like a IGNORE category, so in case I dont want to specify a metadata for it I would just drop it there so I can continue focusing on having 0 items on the missing metadata sections.
You can use the exclude filter or the Home Videos section.