SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:51 PM

I got the same message on Saturday. Well, except my is for "Madison - Digital Broadcast".

I also receive my signal OTA.

Does this mean that we won't get updates to the guide?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
I keep getting the following message through Sage Alert, but unsure what it means. Can anyone help me troubleshoot?

The lineup "Boise - Digital Broadcast" no longer exists on the EPG server. Updates to this lineup will no longer occur.

* merged *
I got the exact same message a day or so ago. Follow the instructions Opus4 provides in this thread and you should be ok. It took me about 10mins.

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Just to clarify - there are now OTA channels listed for Canada? There never were in the past.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage Icon

Re: Gerry and the rest: sorry if I was venting, I was very frustrated. Apparently it's something that magically changed on my end and didn't happen to anyone else, because I haven't changed a thing (other than deleting two of my four tuners - but even the two remaining won't find the new lineups).

Here's the problem, though.... I am a complete noob about firewalls and router settings and such things. Sage has always just worked for me. I never had to mess with my router or firewall settings or anything. And suddenly, after the Sage change occurred Friday - which I know was done to benefit OTA users - now my system doesn't work. If I had come on here before just deleting tuners, I'd be in a better state. But as of right now, I have two days to get this fixed (two evenings during which I have a bunch of other stuff I need to do as well) before I start missing shows due to conflicts and lack of available tuners. And it's not because of anything that I changed, ya know? We weren't even given the option to decide whether to make this change - it wasn't an optional STV update or patch - it just happened and we all got error messages. Yeah, I shouldn't have deleted those tuners when I got the error message, but I wouldn't have if Sage had sent us a warning or explanation ahead of time.

So now I come to you guys asking for suggestions about how to fix this. I don't have the slightest clue where to look, or how to check, on firewall settings or such. Considering I changed nothing at all on my system, I am hoping it's just some old cache issue and not a firewall setting at all. If so (as I asked Friday night), are there files I could just delete that will get re-written? Do I need to uninstall the HDHR software completely and reinstall (a problem, considering we have shows recording during almost all waking hours in the next several evenings)? Where should I look first?

Re: Opus/Narflex: Sorry about the accusatory nature of the previous emails, I was frustrated. I know Sage is trying to make things better and I am sure that this was tested as much as possible before release. But the communication chain seems lacking. I don't intend this to sound mean, I think I'm being fairly reasonable when I say this: When I want to find an announcement by Sage, I look at the "announcements" forum at the top. I mean, that's what it's there for, right? To date, nothing about this has been posted there. While I appreciate that announcement stickys have been posted elsewhere, the number of merged threads being added to this thread - showing how many people don't read any announcements on any of the forums here - indicates that there is a communication issue, don't you think? We're now on day four and people are still posting "hey, I got an error message, what gives?". I admit I'm not a complete computer techie but I can't think of any other computer product that forces through a software change and doesn't tell anyone about it, until they start receiving scary error messages and go online to ask. Just my $.02.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Simplest way would be go to the Sage server. Go to the Control Panel. Find the icon for Windows Firewall and turn it off. Ignore the warnings and don't let it turn it back on. Power off and on your router and your switches. Reboot your Sage server and make sure the firewall has remained off. Make sure when everything comes back up you can get to the Internet thru your browser. Go to an extender and configure your video sources. You should see the list of lineups now.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
When I want to find an announcement by Sage, I look at the "announcements" forum at the top. I mean, that's what it's there for, right? To date, nothing about this has been posted there. While I appreciate that announcement stickys have been posted elsewhere, the number of merged threads being added to this thread - showing how many people don't read any announcements on any of the forums here - indicates that there is a communication issue, don't you think?
Yes, I'll agree I should have had some sort of forum wide announcement posted before the change occurred, instead of after. I never seem to think these changes will be that big; probably since I'm too close to product development. EPG updates for existing channels should still occur even if people do nothing.

However, in my experience, most people don't read any announcement or sticky. I've been merging new threads with this one even after the forum wide announcement was posted at the top of every forum, including the announcements forum - you should see it there if you look. In the past, people have posted that some subject really ought to be a sticky & they don't understand why it wasn't already a sticky & then it was pointed out that there was a sticky & they just didn't look. So, don't confuse the continuing merging of threads on this topic with the lack of an announcement at the time the EPG change occurred -- the only communication issue with all the merges is a lack of reading existing topics before starting a new one. This happens regularly.

Now, for your lack of continuing EPG problems: just in case it isn't a firewall problem, you should post a debug log from the period where you try to choose an EPG provider, especially if you do disable the firewall & still have a problem. I don't know what else would cause the issue, but that doesn't mean there can't be another problem, so perhaps a log would show what it is.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

Gerry and Andy, thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, I have my server firewall turned off, have rebooted all routers, switches, etc. (and the server), and I posted several of my previous posts in this thread from the server itself so it definitely has internet connection.

That's why I'm thinking it's some sort of old cache issue.

I'll do the debug thing, but anyone have any thoughts about what I could delete to refresh something and clear whatever is blocking it?
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Oh, wait - did you at some point install a plugin that adds EPG data of some sort? Make sure this property line is cleared:

epg/epg_import_plugin=

Edit: Yes, I see you've posted in a topic for a pluigin that modified that property. Close SageTV, remove the property from Sage.properties, restart SageTV & try again.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

I subscribe to the "Announcements" forum. Someone suggested that to me once. Yes, I do actually get an email any time someone at Sage posts a new announcement. And I read them. I never got an email on this, but it would have been nice. Anyhow, suggest anyone else that wants to stay informed go here and click "forum tools" and subscribe to that forum.

PS: I always miss when "Announcements" are posted at the top of each forum like this one was. I don't read them because I don't really see them. They are like Ninja posts.... They have a powder blue background... they look just like a header. They are just kind of invisible to me as I look at the page.... maybe if the background were "red" instead.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Oh, wait - did you at some point install a plugin that adds EPG data of some sort? Make sure this property line is cleared:

epg/epg_import_plugin=

Edit: Yes, I see you've posted in a topic for a pluigin that modified that property. Close SageTV, remove the property from Sage.properties, restart SageTV & try again.

- Andy
That wouldn't by any chance by WFE, would it? When I first uninstalled the tuners and tried reinstalling, and didn't know to use "cable or satellite", the only thing showing up as a tuner under OTA was "WebFeedEncoder". This would all be terribly ironic since I don't even have it installed - I manually installed the v6 version back in the v7 beta days before Michael ported it to v7, and it didn't work, so I uninstalled/deactivated it and it's just sorta been lingering there ever since.

Now I'm anxious to try this when I get home! Hope that's it!

P.S. I haven't looked but perhaps you should add a note about this in the announcement, if this affects many people? I'll let you know asap if it works for me.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

FIXED!

Opus, it was what you suggested. The "epg/epg_import_plugin=" line had something in there from my long-ago installation of WFE, even though it's currently disabled. I deleted that, and everything worked per instructions.

Thanks for sticking with me!!!

Perhaps a note about this should be appended to the forum announcement's instructions for making the changes.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

This is probably Zap2it's fault but this doesn't work so well for Canadians. First off for Toronto it does not include Buffalo stations in the lineup which most folks can easily receive. And then when you do a scan to add Buffalo stations it gives them a name of the sort WGRZ-HD rather than WRGZ-DT and it never finds guide data for the channel with the HD sufix. That means I have to then go in and remap the channels back to the DT suffix.

I have done this for one of my three OTA tuners. Is there any way to supress these error messages (Lineup no longer exists) as I don't really care that I won't get new channels and I don't feel like having to do all of the lineup changes, wait for a manual scan and then do all of the remaps two more times.

Is there any way that Sage will accept channel lineup info from consumers - I can do a better job telling you what OTA channels are available than Zap2it can and save time for Sage users - do you want to take me up on this?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Channel Lineup Lost from EPG Server

Irg've been getting this EPG error message the last few days.

I tried to go into the source setup and select a new EPG but I'm not having any luck.

Says the Sacramento-Stkton-Modesto - Digital Broadcast no longer exists on the EPG server, Updates to this lineup will no longer occur.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Tim

* merged *
Old 02-21-2011, 11:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Read the sticky in the EPG forum.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Sage User

channel lineups lost

I followed the procedure from the 2nd post to get my OTA lineup back and now I've lost several channels from my Cable lineup (I'm using an HDHomerun tunerfor cable & OTA). Specifically, I used to get channels 700-750, now I only get 700. I did a full channel scan on the HDHR and it did not get the channels it used to get. I'm using SageTV 7.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDJ View Post
I followed the procedure from the 2nd post to get my OTA lineup back and now I've lost several channels from my Cable lineup (I'm using an HDHomerun tunerfor cable & OTA). Specifically, I used to get channels 700-750, now I only get 700. I did a full channel scan on the HDHR and it did not get the channels it used to get. I'm using SageTV 7.
It shouldn't affect your HDHR QAM tuner at all. Are you sure the channels aren't just listed in the guide under the OTA number instead of the cable number?

And, remember, when redoing the HDHR QAM channels, you have to first scan for QAM channels in the HDHR software, then do the quick scan in SageTV. HDHR OTA scans are done in SageTV only. See the hardware forum for details on HDHR QAM setup.

- Andy
Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Sage User

Maybe I was lucky, but this actually fixed 4-5 OTA channels that I had to manually map before... Also for two that I manually mapped I noticed that EPG data went away a few months ago. (PBS stuff so it wasn't too big of a deal.)

After this update all the channels I had before show up just fine with the right EPG data (plus one new one I didn't know about). And no manual channel mapping required.

(Since I have dual tuners setup it was pretty easy to do a comparison between the Digital inputs to make sure all old channels showed up with the new config. Just jumped back and forth between each tuner doing comparisons. Then after it all looked right I mirrored the new setup to the second tuner.)
Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

I followed the instructions in post #2, but still get the error message saying that the channel lineup is lost? Do I need to repeat the instructions for all four of my over the air tuners? I only did it for one of them as I thought it would correct the other three automatically?

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit
Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52 View Post
I followed the instructions in post #2, but still get the error message saying that the channel lineup is lost? Do I need to repeat the instructions for all four of my over the air tuners? I only did it for one of them as I thought it would correct the other three automatically?
Yes -- assigning a new lineup for one tuner doesn't change the assigned lineup for any other tuner.

All you have to do after selecting "EPG Lineup" on the Source Details menu for additional tuners is to select "Use or Copy an Existing Channel Lineup for this Source", choose the OTA lineup from the dialog, then choose "Use the same channel lineup" if you want them to be exactly the same.

- Andy