SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

This thread should answer your questions -
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54079

They should make it a sticky.
Trallyus
Old 02-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

System message?

Does no one at Sage this this is important enough to warrant a system message? This seems like a problem that will impact a fair number of users, many of whom, i'm sure, don't frequent these forums (and even then, this isn't even a sticky)!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

I noticed this today and the steps above worked for me. For those that can't find some of the menus:

1. Select Setup menu
2. Select "Setup video sources"
3. Select your tuner
4. On the left will be a menu with channel setup, remove source, etc and on the right is an info window. Arrow over to the right.
5. Arrow down to EPG Lineup and select it
6. Select your source, for me it was US Guide data
7. Select "Cable or Satellite"
8. Enter your zip code or agree to use a previously entered one
9. Select "Digital Broadcast" for your zip code
10. Rescan your channels when prompted
11. Wash, rinse, repeat for each tuner
Old 02-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Sage User

Angry Sudden inability to access EPG

Have been using SageTV with SiliconDust for nearly a year without major problem, until suddenly Sage gave a warning that the EPG was not functioning (forget correct message).
BTW, using an Antenna

After trying to force EPG updates, went and deleted the two SiliconDust tuners out of Sage and re-configured them. Went through selecting the tuner, selecting "Over the Air", selected the US region.
But, when it gets time to select the local Air region (I live in the Albany NY region) the screen shows 6 lines of text, such as: 1-Local Broadcast Data has been improved 2- Please go back to Menu (left arrow) and select "Cable or Satellite" 3- ...........................

I have tried this for 2 days and have de-installed Sage twice, first without and then with removing the folder.

Still, can't get a local Air lineup. When I select a cable line up with the correct zip, I get "No Data" in the EPG.

HELP!

* merged *
Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Sage User

My apology

Sorry - I thought I had started a new thread; did not mean to blast into an existing one,

Rainer
Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

I still have no luck getting city listings to show up. Opus or Narflex, is the network still strained? It's been three days and I'm starting to worry that it's not gonna work.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

You're not going to get a "city" listing. Go to your video source on the page with all the info of the source choose the "EPG Lineup". Now choose US, Canada or XMLTV Guide listings. Now choose cable or satellite listings (NOT Local Broadcast Over the Air)and then your zip code and find the listing called "Digital Broadcast-your zip code". (It's in alphabetical order) Forget about Local Broadcast and the listing of the cities-it's changed and no longer used.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I still have no luck getting city listings to show up. Opus or Narflex, is the network still strained? It's been three days and I'm starting to worry that it's not gonna work.
I was told the EPG server load is no longer a problem.

Make sure you are choosing the cable/sat provider menu path when configuring the EPG lineup, as Gerry said.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
You're not going to get a "city" listing. Go to your video source on the page with all the info of the source choose the "EPG Lineup". Now choose US, Canada or XMLTV Guide listings. Now choose cable or satellite listings (NOT Local Broadcast Over the Air)and then your zip code and find the listing called "Digital Broadcast-your zip code". (It's in alphabetical order) Forget about Local Broadcast and the listing of the cities-it's changed and no longer used.

Gerry
I understand that. Sorry for writing it incorrectly. Earlier in this thread I posted a screenshot of what I am getting when I enter a ZIP code - nothing whatsoever. Narflex has been saying that their servers were slammed with all the updating happening at once but it sounds like many are getting through now. I have nothing, and have had nothing for three days now. I am very frustrated.

I know this isn't Sage policy but it would have been nice if they had posted a warning announcement of the changes a day or two ahead. Perhaps they didn't think about or expect the server issue, but to make a change that affects a lot of users negatively and not tell anyone about it - and let them find out via a scary error message - IMO is bad business practice. At this point, if anyone were trying to install Sage for the first time with OTA only and could't get through the choked servers (like me) you would have no tuners and maybe no use for Sage. Until people are able to get through, Sage, IMO, is "broken".

I'm also very surprised that this doesn't even merit an "announcement" in the top forum. Are OTA users not important or something?
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I understand that. Sorry for writing it incorrectly. Earlier in this thread I posted a screenshot of what I am getting when I enter a ZIP code - nothing whatsoever.
That screenshot shows you in the Setup Wizard. You should be starting in the "Setup Video Sources" menu which will put you in the "Source Wizard Summary" screen where you see all your tuner sources listed. Click on the tuner that has the EPG that you are trying to correct. Then click on the EPG Lineup field and follow my previous instructions. If you still don't see a list of cable, satellite and the Digital Broadcast-your zip code list then double check your firewall.

If you already removed the source and are adding it as a new source you will be in the Setup Wizard like your screenshot. You still choose Use tuner on capture card to tune Antenna/Broadcast. Then use US, Canada or XMLTV Guide data with this source. Then Choose Cable or Satellite. (Not Local Broadcast) and Choose to enter a new zip and enter your zip code. Now you'll see a list of all your choices. I just did this now and everything is there. I reconfigured mine at 8 am this morning and this also worked. Yours should too.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are OTA users not important or something?
Most of the changes in this EPG rollout are aimed at giving better service to OTA customers.

If you're willing to post your zip code, maybe someone else can try it to see if they get the same result as you. You might also try rebooting your server (if you haven't already) to clear any lingering bad state.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Sage User

Channel name mappings

I'm in Indianapolis. I'm finding that some of the new OTA mappings look like this

WTHR-HD

where they used to be

WTHR-DT

Both of these represent the 1080i HD version of this channel.

U-Verse still is showing WTHR-DT and is getting guide information whereas OTA with WTHR-HD doesn't seem to be pulling the guilde - at least yet.

It looks like I'm going to need to do some remapping - and until guide info shows up, I'm going to stick with -DT. But assuming that gets sorted - which is more "correct": -HD or -DT?

Brad
Old 02-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That screenshot shows you in the Setup Wizard. You should be starting in the "Setup Video Sources" menu which will put you in the "Source Wizard Summary" screen where you see all your tuner sources listed.
No, that's from the Setup Video Sources. I was trying to install a new tuner - if you read my earlier posts, you'll see where I uninstalled the tuner because I thought something was broken with Sage - Friday night, before coming on the forum and reading that uninstalling was the wrong thing to do. As I explained in earlier posts in this thread, once I uninstalled those tuners, I can't get them back, because no lineups are shown in that list. I get to that point (the blank screen) and I have no option except going back.

Quote:
Click on the tuner that has the EPG that you are trying to correct. Then click on the EPG Lineup field and follow my previous instructions. If you still don't see a list of cable, satellite and the Digital Broadcast-your zip code list then double check your firewall.
With the two tuners that I still have remaining, when I do exactly this and try to change the EPG from OTA to cable/sat, it takes me to this exact same point as well. It asks for the ZIP code, then gives me the blank screen. And nothing has changed with my firewall.
Quote:
If you already removed the source and are adding it as a new source you will be in the Setup Wizard like your screenshot. You still choose Use tuner on capture card to tune Antenna/Broadcast. Then use US, Canada or XMLTV Guide data with this source. Then Choose Cable or Satellite. (Not Local Broadcast) and Choose to enter a new zip and enter your zip code. Now you'll see a list of all your choices. I just did this now and everything is there. I reconfigured mine at 8 am this morning and this also worked. Yours should too.
Nope. Trust me, you don't have to keep explaining, I completely understand the steps and I am doing EXACTLY what you are doing, but I get the blank screen after entering a ZIP code.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
If you're willing to post your zip code, maybe someone else can try it to see if they get the same result as you. You might also try rebooting your server (if you haven't already) to clear any lingering bad state.
I tried rebooting Friday night, Saturday morning, and just now again. No dice.

I'd be happy to have someone else try. Please try entering either 45202 (Cincinnati, OH) or 45402 (Dayton, OH). Neither of those give me any choices, just a blank screen.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthurber View Post
It looks like I'm going to need to do some remapping - and until guide info shows up, I'm going to stick with -DT. But assuming that gets sorted - which is more "correct": -HD or -DT?
The 'correct' one has a Zap2it station ID, which is a station ID greater than 10000.

Quote:
I'm also very surprised that this doesn't even merit an "announcement" in the top forum. Are OTA users not important or something?
There is already a forum-wide announcement visible in every forum subsection.

And, as Greg said: the EPG change is providing an improvement for people who use OTA tuners, because previously there were stations listed on the Zap2it site that were not available to SageTV. Now, listings are available for every channel Zap2it has info for. In order to get the upgraded EPG listings for everyone, there wasn't really a way to do so w/o some impact in terms of reconfiguring the EPG lineups -- but even if someone doesn't reconfigure the lineup, listings should still be downloaded for existing channels, but the old lineups would not get the new or changed channels in the future.

And, this was tested prior to its full release to all users, but the initial high load on the server was something the testing didn't mimic.

Now, the high load issue should be over.

I tried your zip code of 45202 that you posted while I was typing this & had no problem getting a list of provider options. All I can think of is double check all your firewall settings. I'm not sure why you would get no results; there could be a non-firewall related cause, but I don't know what it would be at the moment.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Nope. Trust me, you don't have to keep explaining, I completely understand the steps and I am doing EXACTLY what you are doing, but I get the blank screen after entering a ZIP code.
Like I said previously. Usually the only thing that stops the channel lineup from downloading is a firewall issue. And both 45202 and 45402 work for me.

Gerry
Old 02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'd be happy to have someone else try. Please try entering either 45202 (Cincinnati, OH) or 45402 (Dayton, OH). Neither of those give me any choices, just a blank screen.

Something is wrong on your end. Either your firewall is blocking access as Gerry suggests, or you're dealing with bad data cached somewhere along the line, or something. In your shoes I would try entering a bunch of other random zip codes to see what comes up, and maybe push any bad data out of the caches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45202.jpg (34.5 KB, 747 views)
File Type: jpg 45402.jpg (33.0 KB, 755 views)
Old 02-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

EPG Issues

I keep getting the following message through Sage Alert, but unsure what it means. Can anyone help me troubleshoot?

The lineup "Boise - Digital Broadcast" no longer exists on the EPG server. Updates to this lineup will no longer occur.

* merged *
Old 02-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I am in tuner hell. I jumped the gun and removed/added my OTA ATSC tuner before this thread started, now I cannot get the tuner to scan or tune any channels.

I even stopped the SageTV service, deleted all references to the tuner (DVICO Bluebird USB) from the Sage.Properties file, and added from scratch - still no tunable channels.

To confirm, when adding, I choose Antenna (Over-The-Air), I then select the Digital TV tuner input, next I choose Cable/Sat for the EPG source, then choose "Digital Broadcast - 60448" (a suburb of Chicago), then choose Basic or Extended Basic service (weird) then I choose to do a Full channel scan. No tunable channels are found. If I look at the mappings for the channels, they are wrong. What I am doing wrong???????

Server: SageTV 7
Old 02-20-2011, 10:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Channel Lineup lost from EPG Server

I got a strange message in system messages a few days ago:

Channel Lineup lost from EPG Server

The lineup "Buffalo - Digital Broadcast" no longer exists on the EOG server. Updates to this lineup will no longer occur.

When I go into Souce Setup this Lineup is still being used for some of my tuners. Note that this is an OTA lineup and I have done a manual scan and have valid Channel IDs for all of the relevant channels - in almost all instances they are also available in my cable lineup as well.

* merged *