SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Sage Expert

Warning - Channel Lineup Lost from EPG Server

The Lineup "Chicago - Digital Broadcast" no longer exists on EPG Server. updates to this lineup will no longer occur.

so whats up with that warning? sounds kind of ominous... where did my lineup go? how do I convince it to come back? did the "Chicago - Digital Broadcast" just get tired of all the wind, cold & and snow and just go someplace nice? why didn't it bring me along?

should I be worried? or is this something that will fix itself?

* merged; see above *
Old 02-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Maybe they renamed it and you need to pick the new one?
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Sage Expert

what would they do that for? "Chicago - Digital Broadcast" was a very nice name... fairly descriptive...
Old 02-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Sage Expert

um.. this got moved and merged into the EPG section... what an odd place for what is really an EPG related question...

anyway, whats up with sages EPG server thing? keep getting alot of "not responding" and very slow page updates...

and for the record, I still think my "did the "Chicago - Digital Broadcast" just get tired of all the wind, cold & and snow and just go someplace nice?" theory is probably correct...
Old 02-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
As I stated in my original post, above, you do not need to remove the tuner -- just choose the "EPG Lineup" item on the tuner's Source Details menu. In fact, you shouldn't remove & re-add the tuner, as far as I know. I'll edit the post to try to make this more clear.
I was also trying to warn people to NOT do that. Like I had done, trying to fix the error that had popped up, before I came on here and read the post saying to NOT do that.

In short... DON'T REMOVE THE TUNER.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Sage

And even if you don't reconfigure the new lineup....the old ones will still continue to receive EPG data on the channels you have. It just won't add any new channels to the lineup. So leaving this alone and not reconfiguring anything won't cause any problems.

The servers are still experiencing a very high load...but as I said before...that should be fine by Monday.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

I have four tuners, via two HDHRs. Each HDHR is directed at a different city (Cincinnati OH and Dayton OH).

Last night, I received the message that the Dayton EPG was lost. Before coming on here, I removed both of the Dayton tuners, thinking it was some glitch and that I could just re-add them. When I tried to re-add, there were no city EPGs listed - see the screenshot I posted earlier in this thread.

Since then, I have tried to re-add many times, following the instructions here, indicating them as "cable/satellite". I still get the same blank screen - I am assuming this is ONLY because of the network traffic that Narflex mentioned.

This morning I received the message about the other two tuners (Cincinnati). I tried to manually change the settings on those (without removing, as I did with the others) and received the same blank screen when looking for a city listing.

The problem is that I am now down to only two tuners, from Cincinnati, and there are shows coming up that are only available on the city I removed (Dayton). But I can not add Dayton because there is no EPG available (and I'm not going to add it without EPG). So I'm hoping that the traffic issue subsides soon, and that it is indeed the only issue that is causing me to see no lineups.

/frustrated vent
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

My OTA tuner no longer works. I followed the new instructions (choose cable/sat, enter zip, then choose local broadcast, digital broadcast) but all the channels are messed up. I am in Chicago, and all of the physical channels are wrong (like 9-1 for channel 9, even though it should be 19-1). Because of this, the channel scan does not find any channels. Even if I put the correct physical in, it won't tune. I have also completely removed the tuner and added it...no luck.

Server: SageTV 7
Old 02-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

+ 1
It is not intuitive to hit cable or satellite for OTA, but once I got past that mental stumbling block, it was pretty much smooth sailing.

however, the tan "i" is still up there... will it go away on its own?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
My OTA tuner no longer works. I followed the new instructions (choose cable/sat, enter zip, then choose local broadcast, digital broadcast) but all the channels are messed up. I am in Chicago, and all of the physical channels are wrong (like 9-1 for channel 9, even though it should be 19-1). Because of this, the channel scan does not find any channels. Even if I put the correct physical in, it won't tune. I have also completely removed the tuner and added it...no luck.
did you rescan?
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 02-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
My OTA tuner no longer works. I followed the new instructions (choose cable/sat...
Did you reconfigure the whole tuner, or just the EPG lineup? If you did a complete reconfigure, you still need to tell it to tune Antenna/Broadcast. It is only for EPG data that you choose to use a cable/sat provider.

On the Source Details menu for that tuner, what does it say next to the Cable/Antenna option?

If it is still set up for Antenna, did you perform a complete channel scan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsdyker View Post
however, the tan "i" is still up there... will it go away on its own?
Go to the System Messages menu to reset the alert level.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Sage User

EPG still good for SageTV v5?

I have v5, and my EPG is gone ... completely wiped clean. Will the new server code still work with my vintage version or am I finally going to have to upgrade?

My EPG is for Canada. Antenna, postal code L9P 1R1

Thanks
Ian.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Sage User

A bit of a nuisance but I was able to redo my OTA setup in Toronto+Buffalo using cable/sat as type then putting the postal code.

Only hitch was I needed to remap all the Buffalo channels to those with Zap2it ID's to get EPG data.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irf_ca View Post
I have v5, and my EPG is gone ... completely wiped clean. Will the new server code still work with my vintage version or am I finally going to have to upgrade?

My EPG is for Canada. Antenna, postal code L9P 1R1
It should work in earlier versions.

And, I tried your postal code & got a list of providers, but I had to try a couple times to get the list.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Sage User

...only digital channels have EPG data?

Thanks Andy - yes I am now getting the guide - it did take quite a few times, and several tries to download the guide. The oddity now is that only the digital channels have EPG data (5, 9, 25), and any of the analog-only stations I receive (3, 12, 19, 41) have no guide data. I chose the "Analog Broadcast - L9P1R1" EPG option.

Thanks.
Ian.

>> Update: Sunday Morning - everything downloaded overnight. The EPG is fully populated now!

Last edited by irf_ca; 02-20-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Update EPG downloaded overnight.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Sage User

EPG Message

I got a system message today that said "Memphis - Digital Broadcast is no longer available on EPG, and it would no longer update."

Thats scary. So I went into setup to see if I could change the EPG for my tuners, and nothing is available to select under "OTA / antenna"

I am using Sage 7 on Win7, and one HD200 is all that is connected. The server has two internal encoders and two usb encoders, if any of that matters.

Is my guide data not gonna update anymore?

* merged *
Old 02-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Read the following thread on how to fix the problem - http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54079

Trallyus
Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Sage User

thanks, just found it.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Sage User

EPG for digital

EPG data for everything but my DT channels are updating. Even the ones I have setup on the HDHR that aren't something like XXXXDT are downloading EPG data. Did something change and the Zap2It name and number don't work those channels anymore?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't connect to Sage EPG Server

I got a warning that the Channel data from the EPG server is no longer available staring this morning at about 8 am.

The warning states exacltly this

'The lineup "San Francisco-Oak-San Jose - Digital Broadcast" no longer exists on the EPG server. Updates to this lineup will no longer occur.'

When I try to configure the source's program guide I get an error that it can't connect to the Sage Server but my internet access is working fine. I can access any website and tested by downloading.

Is the sage Server down?????

* merged *
Satelite: Dish VIP622 Bronze HD Pacakge, HD PVR Rev E1 1.5.6.1
TV1: Vizio 42" LCD 1080P 60HZ, Sage HD200, Yamaha 6.1
TV2: Samsung 26" LCD720P 60HZ, Sage HD200, TV Sound
Network: Airlink 300N to DLINK DAP-1522 to Sage HD200