SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there an easy way to weed out background images smaller than 1920x1080 dimensions?

Is there a simple Windows tool or sageTV tool that can search for all images in the below folders for images that are smaller than 1920x1080?

Fanart\Movies\*\Backgrounds\*.png
Fanart\Movies\*\Backgrounds\*.jpg

I thought someone could recommend a tool or method they use to quickly weed out images smaller that certain dimensions.

The main reason I posted this question was because I accidentally clicked the option in sageTV's STV called:
Detailed Setup/Custmize/Scale Phoenix Backgrounds/Scale Now. I'm worried that this option might have ruined my fanart images. I'm hoping this option only scales the images when being displayed instead of re-saving them to smaller sizes.

Several months ago, I had changed the default options under BMT's Web Interface Phoenix/Fanart-Metadata Options/Scale.... so they dont scale (values= -1). I'm not sure if these settings affect the scaling option mentioned above; or, how they affect fanart in general.

Anyway, to keep peace of mind, I would like to make sure none of my background images have been permanently compromised (changed to different dimensions than what was downloaded originally). It would be great also for BMT to skip downloading images that are smaller than certain dimensions... going to the next image available to download from Internet.

Thanks in advance!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Can't help with an app to check image res but here is a snippet from Phoenix Fanart v7 thread that explains the scale now option,

2) Scale Phoenix Backgrounds - The default UI uses a very small image for what are usually 1920x1080 or 1280x720 background images that BMT fetches. If you select this option it will create a copy in the cache directory that is sized appropriately for your UI - this is especially important for extenders to make performance acceptable. Full clients don't necessarily need this. Note that if you don't do this it will still start building your cache, just not all at once. Scaling is a CPU intensive task, and will bring your server to a crawl until it has processed all your fanart

Looks like it doesn't change the originals.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 02-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Is there a simple Windows tool or sageTV tool that can search for all images in the below folders for images that are smaller than 1920x1080?
Check out XnView.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 02-05-2011, 11:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, thanks for the quick response Jeremy. It's great to know its only the cache files that are affected. Im actually experimenting with a plugin (not even close to being done) which changes sageTV's default STV to display backgrounds as backgrounds (they way they were meant to be seen); not in a tiny window (in Imported Videos, TV Recordings, and Program Guide); the same way SageMC used to display fanart.

Thanks Keith! I really appreciate the quick response as well. I'll definitely try XNView.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***