SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

enabling channels on analog tuner also enables them on digital tuner

Our cable is set up as 1-66 is analog, 99+ is digital. I have 2 analog Hauppauge PVR250s and a 2-tuner SiliconDust HDHomeRun. I am just in the process of upgrading to Sage7 but I am having trouble setting up the channels. When I go to set up the analog tuners I do a scan and it finds all of the analog channels OK I can then enable them and all seems to be fine. However, when I go back in to look at my digital tuners the analog channels have also become enabled there. If I disable them from the digital tuner they also get disabled in the analog tuner. They should be completely separate so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Has anybody else seen this?

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

The way it works in Sage is that channel lineups exist independently of tuners. So if you have two identical tuners connected to the same source (your two HDHR tuners, for instance), they can share a single lineup, and enabling or disabling channels on that lineup will affect both tuners.

If you have additional tuners connected to a different source with different channel availability (your analog tuners, for instance), you'll want to use a separate lineup for those so that you can control those channels separately from the digital channels.

Typically when you go through the tuner setup wizard you're offered a choice of lineups that your provider supports. So there should be separate analog and digital lineups for you to assign to the appropriate tuners. If that's not the case, you can choose to copy an existing lineup (instead of sharing it) in order to be able to enable/disable channels separately.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK. Thanks. I think I liked it better the old way, but luckily my provider does have a separate listing for the analog only channels so I will use that.

Thanks.