SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
BluRay BDMV Playback Stuttering

I've been reading and reading and reading - for days. Can't find the solution to my problem...

It is not networking. I know this for a couple reasons. First, I have a Pro-grade managed GB switch, Cat6 cable, jacks, GB LAN cards, etc. Second, I have the same problem if I copy the file over to the SageTV computer and play it locally!

I HAD this working on an XP Computer running SageMC that I'd upgraded from 6x to 7. Now, new PC, Windows 7, Sage7 fresh install, and the only way I can playback a bluray disc is to play it directly from the BD/DVD drive with Cyberlink's player. Sage just doesn't even recognize that there is a disc there.

Once ripped, my DVD's play great either locally or on the server, but my blu-rays (that used to play fine on the server) won't play from the server OR locally without terrible stuttering.

I'm not lacking any updates - SageTv, Java, or plugins. I'm running MyMovies - working fine so far.

I'm running SageTV V7.0.23.246
Java 1.6.0_23
OS Windows 7 6.1
STV File - SageTV7.xml
STV Theme - Serenity
STV File Set version - 2011011701, MD5 prefix: eecdd5

I'm running the following plugins:

All Titles for Video menu
Batch Metadata Toos Web Interface
Commercial Detector
Commercial Detector UI
commons-codec
commons-dbutils
commons-io
commons-lang
commons-logging
commons-net
Comskip Playback
CPU Meter
CVF - Custom Video Folder
dom4j
Ext GWT Library
GKusnick's Tols Library
Google GSON
GWT Servlet Jar
htmlparser
IMDB Search
Install Disk Usage
jetty-gwt
Jetty Web Server
JSON
livepvrdata4j
livepvrdata-shared
log4j
lucene-core
Media Streaming Services
Metadata Tools for SageTV - Commandline
Microsoft SQL JDBC
Move Imported TV Shows to SageTV Recordings
Movie Showtimes
Movie Times Scraper (Dependency for Movie Times plugins)
Movie Trailers
Music Tweaks
nielm_sageimdb
Nielm's Sage utilities
Nielm's Sage XML Info
Phoenix API
Phoenix Core Services
Phoenix Fanart for malore Menus
Phoenix Fanart for SageTV V7
Picasa Web Albums
Picasa Web Scraper
SageMyMovies
SageMyMovies API
Sage recording Extender (SRE)
SageTCPServer
SageTV H3 Database
SageTV Mobile Web Interface
SageTV Web Interface
sagex-api - SageTV API Extensions
Save EPG channel selection onExit
scribe
Serenity
SRE Common
System Monitor Utilities

Wow, had no idea that list was gonna be so long when I started typing! So, any ideas?

Thanks,

Ted
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've solved part of my problem...

Disabling HD audio output allowed my Blu-Ray rips to playback smoothly (except for a little tearing).

I had some issues with my Realtek audio driver on the original install on Windows 7 already, but I thought that it was fine now. Apparently Windows or Sage don't appreciate the HD side of it.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tearing is now completely resolved.

Apparently, my problem is that while putting out 1080p to my plasma, my 9800GT was unhappy feeding 800x600 to the LCD on the case. I added a small video card and let it handle the 800x600 and dedicated the 9800GT to the plasma and ALL is PERFECT with the picture - first time EVER!