SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Halt Detected in Recording - 1 Minute Past the Hour

So my setup is simple..... 1 SiliconDust Dual Tuner HDHomeRun, and 1 HD300 extender. Server is V7.0.23.246.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've started to get more and more frequently the following error:

Halt Detected in Recording
Warning - Halt Detected in Recording
The device input "Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 101A87EA-1 Digital TV Tuner" stopped productin data while recording "Insert Random Show Here" on "Insert Random channel" on physical channel "Insert Accompanying Channel # Here". SageTV will try to reset the device. This may be caused by a channel that is no longer available.

The time of the error is 1:31 PM Sun 1/30.

I'm getting this exact same error many, many times (5 times so far today - 4 times Saturday), and it's starting to increase in frequency.

It's happening on both tuners. It's at various random times, but always at "1 minute past the half hour" (today I got the error at 2:31, 1:31, 11:01, 9:31, 6:01).

It's happening on random channels (33-2-1, 43-17-1, 14-29-1, etc, etc)

I've power cycled the HDHomeRun, but it's continuing. In fact, maybe worse since powering down and back up.

So, it's happening on random channels, on random tuners, at random times (except it's always 1 minute past when that show was supposed to start). I'm not 100% sure when it started happening, but it's likely only started within the last month or two.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage Icon

What version is in the HDHR? What are the signal strengths?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if this is the same issue that I had? Mine had to do with the 'file switching' at the top of the hour and half hour. Support helped me and offered me a changed file to try:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...0&postcount=11
Maybe try it to see if it fixes your problem?
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Sage User

My model of the HDHomeRun is HDHR-US. It was purchased from a retail outlet 3-4 months ago.

Signal strengths range in the 80-90% for a lot of my channels (locals are near 100%). I can post exact numbers later.

Dstanley - I went ahead and did as you had to with that MPEG2Dump.ax file (copied my backup to another location first). We haven't had tuners active extensively since I've done this, but I will say, I haven't got another error even once. My preliminary guess is that this has fixed the issue. The haults I was getting were periodic, so with a little more TV time, I'll know pretty much for sure. Thanks very much for the advise!!!!

(BTW - anybody know what this MPEG2Dump.ax file does and why would some users exhibit issues and others not?)
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Sage Expert

It sounds like your cable company changed the channel mapping. I get this exact same error every time mine does. Two things to check.....1) That you are using the latest software and firmware for your HDHR. 2) Stop SageTV service, delete .frq and .scn files for the tuners, rescan channels with HDHR software, finally turn on sage again and resetup the channels for the HDHR.

I have to do this about once every six months on average. Good luck!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake550 View Post
It sounds like your cable company changed the channel mapping. I get this exact same error every time mine does. Two things to check.....1) That you are using the latest software and firmware for your HDHR. 2) Stop SageTV service, delete .frq and .scn files for the tuners, rescan channels with HDHR software, finally turn on sage again and resetup the channels for the HDHR.

I have to do this about once every six months on average. Good luck!
I also have the exact same problem. Comcast changes the mapping every 6 months or so and I have to go thru and fix the mapping in both HDHR setup and in sage.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Sage User

I have been having the exact problem with my Hauappauge WIN HVR 950Q tuner USB.

Halt Detected in Recording
Warning - Halt Detected in Recording
The device input "Hauaggauge win dvr 950q Digital TV Tuner" stopped producting data while recording "Insert Show Here" on "Insert channel" on physical channel "Insert Accompanying Channel # Here". SageTV will try to reset the device. This may be caused by a channel that is no longer available.

I have tried a variety of things to try to fix. On trying to reset the channels I was checking off Digital scan. It would identfy the 19 open QAm channels and then I checked add all found channels for the analog. New video card. More powerful processors. re install Sagetv re install 950Q. No solution. I am able to get just analog with no digital.

I happened to notice that the signal levels for the digital channels was really varying from approx 80-90% down to 10%. I am going to get an updated CATV amp suitable for digital that has a built in splitter. Hopefully the varying levels is the problem.

Any fixes for you from the responses?
Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Sage User

I've been meaning to come back after a little trial period.

I just wanted to try one fix first and see if it solved the problem. So I tried the first fix suggested by dstanley earlier in the post. I went to the link dstanley provided in the other thread listed below. I first made a backup of the MPEG2Dump.ax file, then replaced it with the one in the thread dstanley provided above.

VOILA!!!!!! Not a one fault message since!

(Now - with my SiliconDust HDHomeRun, I periodically get "Capture Device failure while starting recording", but that'll be a topic for another thread, and I like to research first - but go ahead and suggest something if you've had this too).

As far Beefcake550's idea about deleting the .frq and .scn files for the tuners, I may just try that, but I sure wish I knew more about HDHomeRun's channel scanning and the proper method for redoing it. I'll try Beefcake's suggestion for the heck of it.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Sage Expert

Just FYI - I got this method from the silicondust website a while back. works great for me.