SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Question Volume control doesn't work when started automatically?

This is on the Linux version of PlaceShifter. I have a PC in the basement which the family uses when working out in our home gym. I want to have it really easy to use (wife friendly). So I have it setup so that all you have to do is turn it on and it boots up into PlaceShifter. When I use this automatic process everything seems to work perfectly except the volume control. The slider on the volume goes up and down and the mute button turns red when pressed, back to white when pressed again. However, this is the weird part, the volume doesn't change.

So in trying to figure it out I removed the automatic process and have the remote control power button linked to the same startup script. It still does it. It seems that if it is launched from a script by remote button press or by a startup script the sound buttons do not change the sound. If a manually type the script name from a command prompt it works perfectly. Again, the volume slider is moving, it just doesn't do anything.

I have piped the output of the startup script to a file and there is no indication of anything not working.

This is the latest version of Placeshifter. I bought it yesterday (1/15/2011). Installed it and updated it.

Anyone have any ideas? I am out of things to try.

Tags
script, volume, volume control